Thread: Mother??

Mother??

I asked my mom to join this site to have a better understanding of me but I still have no idea if she has... Feeling like she is still not dealing with it.

Don't push it!!!!!! Accepting takes time and let her come to you. Just be patient.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Molly has the right advice. We get to where we are step by step and can't expect our loved ones to make the miles long jump in a day or even a month. Giving her time to understand should show your respect. And if she doesn't end up where you want her, remember her path has been very different from yours. Be patient with her and give her the chance to let her love for you be the big factor in the relationship, even if it's confused by your crossdressing.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Silver Member
    In a "kinda/sorta similar" way, telling one's mother one is a dresser is kinda/sorta like telling one's wife (albeit without more intimate details.) They can have the same concerns a GG SO might have of their spouse (are you a TS, are you gay, could you still have a family etc. etc.) Just like a GG SO, don't push her, let her digest it slowly. Have quality, factual information on hand specific to your situation (if you are a hetero dresser, have information from Tri-Ess, or the book "My Husband Wears My Clothes" etc.) if she wants to learn more, but don't push it. My only concern with having her go to sites like this would be that she may assume because others are TS or gay etc. here you might be as well. Introduce her to factual info specific to you, and then later on she could expand out and read about others' experiences etc.

(I know this, in part, from firsthand experience.)
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 08-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    So personal an issue, not something that can be forced upon anyone really. Acceptance is not acceptance if done under any form of duress/pressure.

Hell would have frozen over before I told my mum or dad. Both are no longer here so it's not an issue. Both were hellishly against anything that did not comply with the alleged 'norm'.

They rejected my son when he came out as gay. Never forgave them for that, ........well that got that off my chest!

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Just sign her up without her knowledge and send her the information in an email! or a text.... no sense at all in actually talking to the woman..... that would be old school.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Selina, how much does you mother have to "deal with it?" Are you interacting with her regularly when dressed? Are you planning to transition? Perhaps simply knowing about you is sufficient and she doesn't feel the need to delve further into it.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Just sign her up without her knowledge and send her the information in an email! or a text.... no sense at all in actually talking to the woman..... that would be old school.....
    Sounds kinda' harsh, but if she can read text messages on her phone, probably the way to go in this day and age.
    "I live in a world where chickens cross the road and say "stuff Ya".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.