Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing is wrong

Crossdressing is wrong

The terms "crossdresser" and "crossdressing" just are not adequate. They leave partial dressers confused. They leave full timers confused. And they imply that somebody is angry. We are happy when dressed and maybe cross when not dressed. Need a better descriptor of what we all do. How about "Omnidresser"? "Omni" is a prefix that means "all" and so should fit all situations. Just wish it sounded a little more smoother. Opinions?

Wait ----- a -------min-----------

You Better Watch Out !! Got my leggs Switched for starting another catagory Alot of people say Crossdress ? But I think thats when you wear womans clothes an mens clothes from time to time ? So you cross . What happens when you dont have mens clothes anymore just womans ? If you dont Cross ? Then what ? I stay strait dont cross back into mens ,, So Im a dresser or not any thing at all ? Just Dressed I guess ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

"all" would imply you want to wear everything? which one.. isn't the case and 2 is just as confusing....... how about "opgenatirrer" er......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

How about forget labels
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    How about forget labels
    I'm with Sandra on this one.

Mainly because I like to believe that inclusive trumps exclusive. I don't want to keep anyone out. My eyes are being opened to all the neat people I would miss if I excluded a genre. I'm just finding some of this out BTW, and it's a work in progress.

As for my label...
    Somedays I'm drab then somedays I speculate, converse with, and dream of being TS, and it doesn't matter. In my Mind I can be what I want to be. I'm open though and governed by my family and associates, provided I want to keep them in my social circle. So I place a value and priority on what I may change into. In that sense, I can't be accurately labeled and don't want to be. I'm in male mode today, and for the moment, not even a crossdresser. But yet a crossdresser in another moment. It can happen. :-)

Personally, I'm enjoying ebb and flow.

Laura you're being a bad girl starting the label debate again!

Remember all of us MTF's are transgendered! *runs for cover*

Whenever someone asks me, the "label" I choose is ...

Two-Spirited

And most get it right away. I'm a mixture of two spirits ... one masculine, one feminine. Sometimes I present as one, sometimes I present as the other, and yet other times I present with a blended combination of both. Likewise with my thought processes ... sometimes one, sometimes the other, but most times a blended mix.

It works for me ... IF a label is needed at all ...
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

How about IETOS. Pronounced EYE - TOES
    Stands for Its Either This or Streaking.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

I am not a crossdresser anymore, I am Amy and that is the way I am happy, I do not want to be categorized, but if I am then I am Transgendered.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Silver Member
    Who cares about labels?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Oh brother! This silly-assed discussion again. I'm cross and my dresser is full of lingerie. I'm in the closet with all my skirts, blouses, jackets and heels.

So that makes me a closeted crossdresser!
    [/SIZE]

Lightbulb

How about the term "FEMULATE"? From Stana who blogs under that term http://www.femulate.org/ From her blog page, fem·u·late (fem´ya-lat´) v., To imitate, copy, or try to be like a female. Feel like a woman. Wear a dress! – Diane von Furstenberg, Feel like a woman. Wear a bra! – Stana, Theorize your own identity, and don't theorize anyone else's. – Helen Boyd

I'm a happy dresser! Labels belong on cans!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    How about forget labels
    I like that one. Call me a crossdresser, call me a transvestite, call me transgender, call me transsexual, just don't call me late for dinner.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yep, it made more folks respond to the issue of labels and some with a bit of humor although one is a bit touchy on the subject. The net effect is to remind the lurkers and others concerned about labels or what they are, that it really just doesn't matter.

Want to cross dress? Wear this.

Nice response Laura,

New members to the forum also get to the category stage and some never grow out of it... sadly.

The bottom line is that we are all just 'us' trying to figure out who we are in the world and the universe and so on... and we are a broad community. From 'want to try on a thong' to 'want have surgery and become a woman'.... it is probably a normal distribution curve with the majority in the middle...

So how do you categorise a normal distribution? You really don't want to go there! There are lots of people (including me) who would love to do more serious research on this whole issue... we could develop categories through multiple regression and factor analysis, which would provide some quasi-scientific support, but I can guarantee that someone else will do the same research with a different data set and come up with different categories (been there done that - wish I had the tee-shirt!).

So.. why don't we accept that we are a diverse community who have a lot in common (i.e. the drive to wear clothes of the opposite sex/gender)... but within this community the motivations and desired outcomes will be different? We can the accept diversity and learn from each other.

We do not need more categories as they subdivide communities and ultimately erode the point of being here.

Sorry... rant over!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    Want to cross dress? Wear this.
    Oh... I would love to!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Banned Read only
    Regardless of what is said here, the concept of Labels IS important. How we define ourselves IS important. Change happens. Our realizations of who we are often gets modified because we evolve. But, how do we know what to call it? Labels help in that process. Labels are a useful thing as long as we use them to facilitate understanding and appreciate the meaning that is being conveyed. However, THE LAST thing that we need to do is to use Labels as an excuse to separate us and marginalize us. That's why people are afraid of Labels.

How WE define ourselves is VERY important. We must not have anyone else putting forth a definition of who and what we are. We should do this for ourselves.

Gold Member
    Why the Label? I dress as In want to. As a man outside, and as a girl inside.
    Now I guess you can say that I am inside out. LOL
    Lets just say,k dress as you want to dress, and enjoy life a little.
    Rader

Yes I agree cross dressing is a waste of money.
    I just got rid of a lot of old suits, shirts, shoes and other stuff I don't wear any more.
    After recycling, I think they will be in Goodwill's trash bin next week.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It is an interesting bit of human nature dealing with labels. Often patients would have a vague group of symptoms. If they were told that they would be watched till something developed, they were uncomfortable. If they were told, you have XYZ syndrome, they were more relaxed and almost comfortable with it even if there was no treatment. Having a diagnosis seemed to make them much happier. For some it is the fear of the unknowing. It takes a bit of confidence to do as Heather says, and forget about labels.

I think labels are important. If we didn't have labels how would you tell the difference between a can of pork and beans and a can of peaches?
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

You're right Teri, and that's just where labels belong...on food and clothing, not on us.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="4"]Oh brother! This silly-assed discussion again.

[/SIZE]
    We get these questiions come up ever now and then.....I assume that when you were a relatively new member these discussions weren't silly-assed. Have a little patience for new members.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna