Thread: How to travel by air en femme?

Love who you are...I do! Miranda's Avatar

How to travel by air en femme?

I will be traveling this month by United Airlines, what - if any - are restrictions on flying en femme when your ID plainly says and shows you're not female? I think it would be SO fun to travel as a woman!!

Anyone ever done it before?
    Each of us, a cell of awareness
    Imperfect and incomplete
    Genetic blends with uncertain ends
    On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet - Neil Peart

United Airlines wants me to take my shoes off when I leave Hawaii.
    There can be other fun things that security like, going through the scanner for instance.
    Don't worry about forms or any silicone items, they have seen that all before.
    Other threads have covered this subject comprehensively before.
    Go through and read some of them.
    You will get a lot of varied and good replies again having started this thread.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have flown numerous times and there is nothing special or different you need to do or say. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine. Eye contact and a smile helps to get you through airport security without any problems or issues. If you act nervous and jittery, you will bring attention to yourself. There are TSA agents watching and engaging in passengers in line, and they have been trained to detect behaviors indicating deception (i.e., trying to carry on disallowed items or more nefarious intentions).

Don't forgot you will be in close, prolonged contact with others while on the plane. This can be more unnerving than dealing with airport security.

Beverley, Melissa...thank you so much!!! I just might have b@!!s enough to try it. I'm gettin all excited just thinking about it. Only thing is, my sister may be taking me to the airport AND OF COURSE she's knows nothing of my crossdressing...yikes! I may have to find an alternative mode of transport to the airport...
    Imperfect and incomplete

Miranda, if possible, you can always call a cab. It may cost you some $$$, but you're start to finish.

I haven't traveled en femme, yet but I bet it would be nice to be traveling en femme and arriving at your destination still en femme :P

Average Young Man
    This is an interesting thread. I could take tips on this from an ftm side as well. The only thing is, I seemed to be cursed. You see, ever since I was about 8 or 9 I always have gotten "the pat down" felt up by tsa every time without fail. It's a running joke in my family. You think if I was packing they'd assume it was weapons of mass weaponry? Not that I haven't been called that before lol (hope you got my joke).

Anyway, do you think that would be an issue?
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

IDK, Marlana...I live 110 mile from The Sunport - Albuquerque International Airport. Don't think I could afford that - LOL!!!

Callum, you got that right, I so want to do this, but knowing me, I'll probably chicken out!!!
    Imperfect and incomplete

Don't worry about TSA or airport personnel, they have been informed and instructed to treat transgender people just like anyone else. Just relax and have fun with it nobody will bother you.

If you do go with your sister, you can always change at the airport in a family or unisex bathroom.

Once I was dropped off at the airport. I wore girl clothes (jeans and a top) under my baggy coat. When I got to the airport I changed into my shoes, put on my forms and did my makeup in the woman's bathroom before checking in my bags.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Oh! And if you are dressing light because you are leaving from a warm area, bring a sweater on the plane. You may also want to bring socks.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Hello Miranda... I do not have any personal experience traveling en femme but from stories that I have read on this forum the consensus opinion seems to be that flying anywhere domestically you should not have any problems. The only issue comes in when you travel internationally.
    A lot depends on your comfort level and how much you have been out en femme before as well.
    Best of luck to you.

Thnx Abigail!!! Will do!
    Imperfect and incomplete

Aspiring Member
    I just flew last month on Delta to Montana. I was en femme, nothing fancy- just comfortable clothing. I had no problem with TSA at all.
    Diane Elizabeth

Miranda,

I flew enfemme for the first time earlier this summer. I flew from Houston to St. Louis then switched planes and flew on to Louisville. I had absolutely no issues with TSA (they were great) or anybody else I met. Here is the link to my adventures.

Have fun and don't chicken out, you will have too much fun if you don't.

Robyn

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t=#post2825247

Miranda, you could always just get to Santa Fe and take the Rail Runner straight the the airport. that will shave about 60 miles off the trip if you are with someone. You might stay the night before in Santa Fe (have sister drop you off) then dress the next morning to catch the train.

You could come out to your sister and solve all the emotional stress, once that is done you and her might even share clothes!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Platinum Member
    Hi Miranda, Just remember that the TSA holds the upper hand just don't do anything to pi$$ them off it's their ball game.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Miranda,

The TSA is already anticipating your coming and have put up a web page to describe their policies. Check it out:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ansgender.shtm

I have traveled many times en femme from numerous airports. Others have done it many more times. If you search "flying pretty" on this forum, you will find lots of stories and commentary about the experience.

Enjoy your trip,

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

You just need to be careful about what you have in your purse, is all.
    DonnaT

I flew from AMS to IAH wearing my handlebar, slacks, & a black&white plaid blouse with girl-side buttons & pleats below the bust. Nobody made any remarks at all. I did change to a guy polo en route so as not to upset my wife when I got home.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!