Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what did your parents do when you told them.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah, I guess that I'm lucky that that never came up while they were both still alive.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My stash was put in a wardrobe where I could retrieve it until next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    They may have rolled over in their graves.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

My dad doesn't know as far as I know. I had to explain to him a few times why my sister's underwear was found in my room. My Mom on the other hand has known since I was a teenager. She didn't go crazy on me, but more addressed it as a problem to purge. That approach didn't work out so well. Regardless, it's not something I make a habit of talking to them, or anyone I physically associate with about.

The only thing my mom knows it that I own a bunch of women shoes and some clothing. Not sure if she thinks Im a crossdresser, but other that that she doesnt support it. I have yet to tell her or my dad the story, I dont think I ever will either. With my mom back when I lived at home she always questioned me about it and I never told her why. I want to keep it my business, my family can be too judgemental for this.

Mom's always been very liberal, had gay friends etc. but I never told her and was uncertain how she would react. Once when I was about 12 she asked if I had been going through her things because she noticed a few things slightly out of place. I denied it and suggested my sister might have been looking for something. Later on I got sloppy and put an incriminating box in my wastepaper basket. When she confronted me on it had her reaction been supportive and positive I probably would have told her the truth but when she said she could "get me help" I denied everything telling her that box must have been used just for shipping. I had long had dreams of being able to tell her, having her acceptance and them helping me but that didn't happen. I thought I did a very good job hiding my stuff but knowing her I'm sure she found it all but it's never been mentioned nor even hinted at.

Banned Read only
    My parents knew from early on what I was all about. I announced to everyone at dinner (once I found out that it could be really done) that one day I would be a girl. My mother passed away well before that time came. My father knew and supported me as much as any father from the 50's- 60's could.

My parents never learned of my crossdressing. My mother was always loving and supportive and would have been OK with the idea. I do not know what my father's reaction may have been, we never discussed any kind of sex and the subject of transgender behavior was never even thought of.

Average Young Man
    My mom was confused when I told her. Very confused. And then she got mean. Just catty. And then she made me get hair extensions. She's still catty. I can't wait to move out. I don't want to tell my dad.
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Discovered not told

My cross dressing was discovered. I didn't tell my parents. This was back in the early 80s and there was no Internet to look stuff up on. They were freaked out but were still loving parents.

They made a psychiatrist appointment for me but didn't tell me about it until we were driving there in the car, which then freaked me out. I opted out of the psychiatrist after the first appointment. I didn't want to be a female, still don't. I just enjoy dressing.

My parents told me they loved me no matter what, my mom offered to buy me clothes but I could only do it in the house. I never dressed around them. Eventually it became an out of sight out of mind thing for them. They have since passed away.

I made sure to tell my wife before we were too far along in our relationship. She has been very supportive.
    Rebecca Bas

I'm Hispanic and I live in one of the roughest ghettos in Los Angeles, in my world there is no such this as coming out to people they just find and when my mom did she was pissed, I was about 13 and beat me with a belt and told me if found out I was still doing it it would be worse. So no I didn't TELL my mom

My mother has some idea but dad does not know!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

My father passed a few years back and my mother does not know..
    Her mind would blow and she would scream then implode, dying on the spot..
    Hmmmmmm maybe i should tell her lol
    i t hink i said b4. only one male friend knows, one female friend and a woman that woulndt leave me alone lol
    shup, sit down and fish!
    The Captain wears the panties on this boat

My dad is gone and I think my mom knows some but I have never told her. She just knows I'm always dressing up on halloween.

I never told my father (gone now) and divorced my mother when I was in my teens when she tried to stab me because I joined the Navy. I think she knew, but by that time I wanted nothing to do with her.

I am amazed at how many of us made to adulthood in spite of our parents attitudes. I happy some of you found support from you family. I am just glad for my wife of 35 years.

Miki

All of my clothes come back from the laundry. Example: my black lbd was in my folded clothes today. Darn, gotta be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by MindyJ View Post
    All of my clothes come back from the laundry. Example: my black lbd was in my folded clothes today. Darn, gotta be careful.
    hahahaha bit late to be careful now i think.
    shup, sit down and fish!
    The Captain wears the panties on this boat

My father, grandmother, sisters, stepmother all knew since I was about 8 years old, and wife all knew about Maria after we were married for about 8 months