Thread: Did I Just Say That Outloud

Question Did I Just Say That Outloud

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

My son (age 20) and I were going to dinner at a resteraunt in a larg shopping center. While we drove through the parking lot I noticed a shop that I had not noticed before and thought to myself, hmmm I didn't know there was a Coldwater Creek was here. My son turned to me and said "do you shop at women's stores"? After a short pause I said oh, I thought it was one of those outfitters shop. About a minute later I realized that was an opportunity lost to talk to him about my CD as I have thinking of comming out to him but not sure of his attitude about it. I then asked him what if I did would that bother you? He said no, maybe I will open up to him soon.

I think your son will be okay with it then

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
    My son turned to me and said "do you shop at women's stores"?
    Hummm ... not sure what I would do if my son were to say that to me. I guess it would depend on how he said it. Did he say those words in an somewhat alarmed tone? or did he he ask it in a relaxed casual nonchalant way? Maybe it was a missed opportunity to talk to him about your CDing but if you spend enough time with him another opportunity will bound to come up sooner or later.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi Rachel
    He said it kind of relaxed as one would say with one eyebrow raised.

Hi Bridget
    Thant for the comment. I think he will be ok with it but my wife is convinced he will be devastated. Just a mother hen reaction

Me thinks he suspects already and was giving you your chance to fes up.

He probably knows already?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

At age 20 I think there is a good chance he already suspects or knows. Time to have the talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
    "do you shop at women's stores"? .
    The quick answer is 'Of course, how do you buy presents for the girls in your life?' I used to make Christmas season a great excuse for browsing in women's clothing stores, holding up really beautiful sexy items, wondering how nice it would feel, and never got a second glance as far as I know. During busy times there were usually more than one guy doing the same thing, but perhaps for different reasons. OTOH, in the past I HAVE bought girlfriends clothes, so it's not a stretch to be buying stuff there, however should I purchase something in what is clearly my size I suppose it might be a bit obvious.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Oh the tricks our mind sometimes plays on us. Hard to know just how loud I have been thinking at times too...lol

At 20 your son is old enough, and probably has an inclination of something. Mothers's often have an elevated feeling of the respect a son has for his father, and what makes up that respect. God bless them.

Best of luck whenever you decide.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I think the time has come.
    Good luck.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I would have the talk for the door has been opened...good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

It's a good way to test the waters, I had a similar situation yesterday, I was checking the piglet light and needed a mirror so I asked my step daughter for her aunts make up mirror. She said oh I thought you were going to wear make up or something along those lines, to which I replied no only on Fridays , oh wait it is Friday. Later I joked about it again with her mom and her at which point I got the look from my wife so I dropped it. My wife is accepting but only so. Much for now

My favourite colleague was once telling me how ashamed she was of spending so much money on 'lipstick and dresses', and she joked that I probably didn't have that problem. 'You don't know what people do in the evenings,' I replied, and there was a thoughtful silence. It was quite cinematic. Then she shyly said that she loved to look pretty and could understand 'other people' wanting to do the same.

Neither of us has ever mentioned it again but we've got on even better ever since then. It was a confidence well shared.

Platinum Member
    Him Kelley, Ok The ball is on your court now, Are you going to shoot or just stand there and dribble .
    Please do keep us advised.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think y'all are right, he probably has his suspicions and I have been talking with him about different think to get a fell for how he would react. He is level headed and intelligent so I believe he will be accepting. So I will tell him, just need to find the right time (soon I think).

From what you've related, I suspect that the outcome will be a good one, Kelley.

I slipped up a few weeks ago when talking on the phone with a female friend. I don't recall the exact way we got around to discussing shoe sizes, but my friend asked me what size shoe I wear and I responded that I wear a men's size 14/15, only took a second for me to realize that it was a bit weird for me to specify that it was a men's size. She didn't say anything about what I said, and the conversation continued normally. She's very smart though and I suspect she picked up on what I said. She's also not one to butt into other's business, so I don't expect any repercussions.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

How did he know it was a womens clothing store?
    DonnaT