Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMM! Starting to look like my mother!

MMM! Starting to look like my mother!

So, I was loading a few new pictures from my Saturday night romp with my new GG friend (you can go to Pictures & Video tread to see them). What's the problem you ask? Well, I was wondering why the girl I was looking at looked familiar, like I had met here some where before. Then it dawned on me that as I have aged I am looking a lot like my late mother when she was in her 50's and yes she was a stunning and well preserved woman. My question is how many girls out there think they look like their mother or a sister? Thanks Gena.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Guilty. WIth the right hair style and color I look like either my mother or my sister. All in the family.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    I certainly have some of my mother's features, in particular her smile and eyes....and the way she often tilted her head to one side slightly. Its kinda cute.

When I was 36 I styled my hair like my mother and compared photos.
    A bit scary. My mother died when I was 14 she was 36.
    Yes I did show a great resemblance. I never shared the photos with anyone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I look at pictures of me dressed I do see my mother's features in me. I wish I looked like her, she was very beautiful. It does make me feel good to see parts of her in me.

I have always favored my Mom as far as looks go. That could explain some of why I'm a CD. I do seem to resemble my mother when she was younger. I agree Barbara, its all in the family!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Count me in! Even the wig I bought resembles mother's hair!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Maybe my mother on Steroids, but she's in there.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I love my Mom and I don't know why but it urks me to think I look like her...but I have been told that it is so and there is a sort of unsettled comfort about it.
    Opposites attract: I think I took this concept of physics a bit toooo personally!! Hetero, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, TG, TS, TB, BP, BS, ET....I know I fit in there somewhere...but who cares!!! Happiness: lies in self progress, truth, love, and tolerance. I'm Me! No one else can be me but me. Ironic: is how society made me embarrassed to go out in public, and yet the biggest reason I wanna go out is to seek their approval. The fact that girls and guys both CD is an indication to me that there are parallels that exist that allow many of us, at times, to be able to actually feel what it's like to be that opposite sex...in every possible facet. the way they think, feel, react, speak, and more. It's a two way street that many of us intersect down the way. Soooo....Be happy with what you have and SMILE!! Kisses and Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    My grandmother actually. Sometimes I'll go over to visit her, and she has all her pictures up from the 40's when she was a PYT ... and I swear sometimes I'll catch one out of the corner of my eye, and I'll have that spooky subliminal recognition ... squicks me out to be completely honest.

I keep seeing my sister in the mirror. Not a ad look at all.

Some pics I look like my sister a lot. I got more of Dad's genes facially I think... but yeah... family will out!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

the one time i shaved off my beard and tache when i looked in the mirror i saw my mother and it scared the bejeesus out of me, way too creepy. haven't shaved them off since

Take a photo of your mother and one of you dressed and with make-up... compare... you will see the similarities and the differences... focus on the differences.... I have done this! It works!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Love my mother dearly but I inherited her nose, and it is not an attractive nose, ugh.
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Platinum Member
    Hi Gena, I too sometimes see my mother or my sister in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I didn't think that I looked like my mother but I did buy a blonde wig a while ago and when I put it on I saw a resemblance and forever after I could not put that same wig on again. I grew my own hair out instead!

Count me in. Even in guy mode, it's easy to tell that my mom & I have many facial similarities. Also people have frequently commented on how much one of my sisters and I look alike. So when I cross over to the femme side, the similarities become even more noticeable ...although moreso with the sister I think; my mother has never been very into makeup & such whereas my sister is more girly. She's actually *quite* beautiful as well, but I'm afraid that's a similarity I can't pull off nearly as well.

I have a brother who looks so much like me (though younger and taller) that people sometimes laugh at the strong similarity. Maybe I should get him to glam up sometime so I can see if we look even more alike ...? ;-)

Silver Member
    The first time my aunt saw me dressed she told me I was the spitting image of my mother at the same age. She had me walk down her hall and said I even walked like her. I was wearing heels at the time. My mother and I have very simmilar builds and when I was in my early twenties we wore the same size clothes as did my aunt. They both raided my closet.

Yes I think I do look a bit likely mother

I wish I did look like my mom, she and her sisters were blond, blue eyed babes. Seeing her naked when I was a pre teen stimulated my desire to look like her, at the time the best I could do was to tuck and wear her underclothes.

I think the one thing I definitely inhereted from mother was my hands, but in a somewhat larger version. Hers were beautiful; delicately shaped and strong as hell. She could take a grab on a kid's ear (to get their attention) like no one I've seen since. She was a small woman; 5' nothing and about 100 lbs and due to her nurses training, soft spoken and tougher than any 3 drill sargeants put together, in the days when there really were drill sargeants. I was maybe 12 or so when I noticed the similarity; I wound up working with them for the rest of my life (at least so far) and they've served me well over the years; everytime I notice them I remember her.
    Last edited by donnalee; 08-16-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Neither my siblings nor I have ever looked a whole lot like my mom, but after re-emerging from my cocoon earlier this year, several of my photos have really reminded me of my mom. She's never been a heavy makeup user, so she doesn't have a particular "style" for me to emulate, but I have found a couple of looks that really bring her out in me.

Also guilty as charged. I look a LOT like my mother....and moreso the older I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gena Gurl View Post
    So, I was loading a few new pictures from my Saturday night romp with my new GG friend (you can go to Pictures & Video tread to see them). What's the problem you ask? Well, I was wondering why the girl I was looking at looked familiar, like I had met here some where before. Then it dawned on me that as I have aged I am looking a lot like my late mother when she was in her 50's and yes she was a stunning and well preserved woman. My question is how many girls out there think they look like their mother or a sister? Thanks Gena.

This picture freaks me out I look so much like my sister!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images