Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When and how did you realize you could do it?

Typical crossdressing story, been doing it since I can remember, my very firts memory as a child involves putting on my cousin's clothes and getting caught. I grew up with two older sisters (and no Dad) so I've always had new clothes to wear. I came out to my wife knowing our love can stand anything and she has been helping me improving my looks. The better I look the more confortable I feel whith who I am, so for me it is a work in process, I have good and bad days but as I mention, with the support of my wife I have manage to look less like a dude wearing a dress and more like and ugly girl (but a girl none the less)

While, like many, I started early it wasn't until my 30th birthday that I decided to 'Go whole hog' and dress completely. Since a quick visit to a dressing service as my birthday present to myself for my 30th, the last few years have been a wild ride. The best part is that it's been mostly 'ups' and just a few 'downs'. The last few months have been truly amazing and I'm so glad I made the leap.

Looking good Kaz. I have so far to go after reading and seeing what you girls have accomplished. All in time, and along the way, I am certainly going to enjoy the journey.
    Di

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Deep down I think I always wanted to crossdress. Though for whatever reason I didn't try it out until my early 20's. And when I began I thought that partial dressing was the endpoint for me. At the time, I didn't think that I had the potential or desire to transform myself into a convincing woman, but after seeing some of the results of the 'before and after' picture thread I was encouraged. I still only dress partially most of the time, and am pretty closeted about the activity too. But on the occasions where I feel the need to go whole hog, I see improvement with each attempt. Being a member here and seeing the before and after transformations made me believe I could achieve it too.

Banned Read only
    I started dressing really young. When I was about 13, I shaved my legs and raided my mom's wardrobe. I used to read Cosmo magazines to learn how to put on makeup. One day I put on my mom's wig, makeup, and a bikini and really liked what I saw. After that, I couldn't get enough. I dressed at every opportunity. I started wearing panties, bras, pads , tank tops, and dresses with heels and really looked the part. I started going out in public at about 15, walking the neighborhood at night until I could drive, then started going to the beach in the day and night. I revealed myself to a special friend at about that time. We started going out as if we were a couple and no one ever indicated they knew I wasn't a real girl. This went on until I was in my early 20's, when I stopped dressing for awhile.

For me I remember wanting to cross dress when I was very young, I would say about five to six years old. It was not until I was thirteen or fourteen that I wore female clothing for the first time.

I won’t bother with a “My First Time” story, as I do not see this as a forum for that topic.

I am not sure if I have ever come to the realization that I can “make the appearance of a woman.” I still find it difficult to believe when people tell me I pass. I still do not understand when my girlfriend says she is jealous of me because I am “so much prettier” then her.

I remember I went to a friends birthday party, which was a Pimp and Ho themed party. I went dressed as a ho and my girlfriend went as a pimp. Many others who attended the part assumed we were a lesbian couple. Some who found out I was a male dressed as female were shocked. There was a game going on that night where people were trying to figure out who the “tranny” was and were accusing genetic women of being “trannies.” It was a rather surreal experience.

Who knows, maybe one day I’ll see what other people see.

As a pre teen my bedroom adjoined my mom's bedroom and had no door so I could surreptitiously watch her dress and undress. I so wanted to look like her naked and to wear her clothes. When I was about 12 or 13 and around 6'1" to 6'3" I saw my last chance and spent a summer tucking and wearing her underwear when she drove to town to shop. She was 5'8" but by that time underwear was about all that fit.

At about the same time that I decided that I didn't really care whether I could do it or not.

Doing it since I was very young. Came out to my wife after 15 years of marriage. Married for 32 years now. Mom's clothes , my wife's clothes , finally bought my own. Wife claimed she knew, but I know she didn't. Wish I would have told her sooner. No going back now. Funny story, went to a cookout yesterday, my wife was wearing one of my tops, my daughter asked when she got it. Really put my my wife on the spot. She fumbled out an answer that she had it for a few months. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I didn't "begin my interest in crossdressing".
    It just happened. I always felt that I wanted to be a girl and at about 8 I just began trying things on. That's when I realized that this made me feel happy. It just felt right.
    From there it just naturally became a desire to present myself to the world and I did so (surreptitiously) the first time when I was about 19. I looked terrible as I had no idea how to use makeup. Then over time, with practice, I refined things to where I felt I was presentable and went out to meet others.
    Now I go out all the time and it's just a natural thing for me.
    It started about 10yrs old always had the build and figure for a girl and not ashamed to prove it. I've always loved under dressing, I did not go for pretty dresses in school mostly casual wear like girls jeans slacks and tops things I could wear to school without much notice. In summer got braver and wore sm. forms in bras and some skirts. Always liked my girly shape and no problem with mother always wanted a girl

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal
    When you began your interest in crossdressing, when and how did you realize that you could not only wear pretty dresses, but also make the appearance of a woman?
    [SIZE="2"]I’m STILL wondering if I can “make the appearance of a woman!”

I just gradually inched towards that blissful moment when I would try on a female garment, and it happened to be a skirt. I was MORE worried that I wouldn’t like wearing it, or that I would feel just the same, but, quite the opposite happened, and my crossdressing “career” began...

There was a time when I KNEW I had to get a wig, and as soon as I got one and tried it on, I knew I could go “all the way” and transform my appearance, as well as my personality. After that moment, nothing less than a 100% female appearance would do, and I became a tranny...
    [/SIZE]

I'm a late bloomer and started wearing my wife's clothes while she was away. I didn't have permission, but she has since forgiven me. After we talked about it for a long time we came to the conclusion that I should get a wig and forms. She tells me that she knew that I would be going out at that time, but if you had asked me I would have said "no way!"

I made a CDing friend and located a CDing group and it suddenly seemed possible that I might be able to go out in a TG-friendly environment. After several "dry runs" with makeup (Thank goodness for the Janet's Closet makeup videos!) I managed to go out with a CDing group , and then, somewhat emboldened, I went out with my CD friend in a mainstream environment. When the Gender Police didn't snap me up I discovered that I actually prefer the mainstream world to the "TG-friendly" world, although each has its own advantages. Since then, I've gone out many times in all kinds of environments and had a great time in all of them.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Next month will be the first anniversary of my realization that I am a crossdresser, and put on the panties. Did not wear a dress or heels until December. Did not put on makeup or a wig until january. When I came out to my wife I promised i would not do anything that would embarrass her when she looked at me. Well, whatever i was doing, it was enough to mentally scare her about my future as a woman, and she cannot look at me dressed now. So, I did not have a realization, it was just a matter of something a girl would do when dressed up, so I went out. Still need a lot of work before i feel like I should go out, but I am going out anyway.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I've always been a bit girly. Never liked playing football, drinking beer, watching games on TV, or doing any of that stuff. I've always had more girl friends than guy friends. As I got older, I realized that I admired women's clothes. And then I realized that I wanted to wear them. That was around age 8. I had to do it in secret, quite literally "in the closet," until I left home. And it kinda faded for a while. When I got married, it came back and she was alright with me CDing. But I wasn't trying to pass until she left. At that point, I realized that I'm a TG. I came out to an ex-girlfriend of mine and she helped me pick out makeup and a wig. I saw myself in the mirror for the first time and thought I looked HOT! But more than that, I looked like me. It was natural. So, from that point on, I knew that this was me.