Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally had my first time out

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It can't be repeated enough. You have taken the hard step, getting yourself to realize that you could go out. Doesn't matter what you did. You realized it was time and you were ready, and you did it. You are on your way. My first time was pumping gas in the afternoon in dress, and the pump overflowed the tank. It gets easier to go out, but no less exciting. So glad you were ready.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by mfakley View Post
    I cannot count how many times I've resolved to drive to the 24/7 walmart one town over in the wee hours ... spent an hour getting all pretty and ready, sat down in my car, in my garage, with my finger on the door opener remote, just sitting there ...

then chickening out, and going back inside without ever even opening the garage door..............
    One of the easiest first trip out, especially if you have the car in a garage and your neighbors can't see you walk out the door and get into it, is driving dressed.

To add to that, take a small paper or plastic bag with a little trash in it with you. Drive to a mall or park where there's a trash can, park the car, get out, and walk over and put the bag in the trash can, then walk back and get into the car (make sure you don't lock yourself out). Next, find a soda machine. Park the car, walk over to the machine, take the money out of your purse, and buy a soda (or water). Walk back and get into the car. Go to a gas station, take your credit card out of your purse, and pump gas into your car.

Drive downtown to the business or tourist district. Park the car, get out and walk down the sidewalk. Walk around the block. Hold your head high and smile at people.

It gets easier each time.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

congratulations on the first time out! I have yet to take that step. It just seems like a big one to me. But you did it! That is great! Good job!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland