Thread: Damsel in Distress

Damsel in Distress

Well not quite a damsel in distress but I am curious as to how many of you have played the helpless to get some assistance.

Yesterday I went to the pet store to pick up pet food unfortunately this comes in rather large bags. I can lift then but its not too easy. So I go to the checkout looking for a trolley to slide the bag onto it. Sadly there was no trolley but A nice young man at the checkout asks if he can help. He carried the bag to the checkout for me and much to my surprise he then offers to carry it to the car too.
    The age of chivalary is not dead

He left me with the words "thank you so much" ringing in his ears

Its nice to have good news about a sales assistant

Has this happened to anyone else ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Aspiring Member
    The days of the 'good' employee are not yet dead, there are still many of them out there. It all is a matter of up-bringing, and I have found that living in a rural area like the Shenandoah Valley, the kids and people in general are a lot more civilized than the people on Northern Va where I used to live.

The willingness to help is not limited to helping the damsel in distress out here. Our local Lowes comes to mind. On several occasions, their employees have offered to help load carts or my truck where as at my old Lowes they tended to hide.

I bought a Love Seat at COSTCO the other day. I didn't touch it till I got home. They did all the work at the store, not me. All I had to do was ask.

Felt nervous as hell when I first had a young male SA assist me with some parcels, years ago now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Well not quite a damsel in distress but I am curious as to how many of you have played the helpless to get some assistance.

Yesterday I went to the pet store to pick up pet food unfortunately this comes in rather large bags. I can lift then but its not too easy. So I go to the checkout looking for a trolley to slide the bag onto it. Sadly there was no trolley but A nice young man at the checkout asks if he can help. He carried the bag to the checkout for me and much to my surprise he then offers to carry it to the car too.
    The age of chivalary is not dead

He left me with the words "thank you so much" ringing in his ears

Its nice to have good news about a sales assistant

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Ill bet you felt just like a little helpless GIRL ? Felt good huh,,,,,,?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't go out in vanilla land often enuff to have this happen, Shelly. In unusual venues I've asked folks to take Sherry's photo. I've found most r co-operative!

In drab, I HAVE used the, "I'm an old fart and get confused easy", story and look to avoid a few traffic tickets, tho! In reality, I've logged 1000's of miles driving thru some of Europe's toughest cities! With no accidents!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi,

Yes i have most of the time ill just do it my self well i carryed bags of cement much of my life being the builder. so yes its nice when some nice younger or older men do my job yea its neat.

Some times as iv said im a stropy woman & cant wait around some times ill just pick it up like the heavy gas bottles i do get the odd look from a few women .....well what ya expect....iv seen a few women struggle with them ...so....the guys are pretty good .my prob is im so used to doing my own detail though i do now & again relent.....he he ,,,,

....noeleena...