Thread: Running into her

Banned Spammer

Running into her

Last night I got hungry about 1 in the morning so I decided to take a run to Wally World and pick up one of those frozen dinners. I had on my white ankle length gauze skirt with a pink long sleev t shirt and my tan wedgies. I was perusing the selections when I heard a female behind me say "Cute skirt" I tured around and there stood my ex-wife! She was all dolled up so it was obvious she was coming home from a date. I smiled and said thank you. She asked where I got it and I told her Penneys and told me my fashion sense has obviously improved. She did chide me for wearing hose with open toe shoes though. We chatted for several minutes beforeshe suggested we gt together for coffee some time.

Our divorce was a matter of a number of things , my crossdressing was just one of them, but it was not bitter. No kids to present an issue. Maybe she has softened in these past 4 years?

It is nice that you can be friendly with an ex. With my first wife I could not and can never be friends but my recent ex is still a good friend. She has no clue to my cd activities as she just would not understand but still a friend. Go get coffee with her and catch up on old times, what can it hurt.

That's a cute story. I read in Dear Abby or the other sisiter's column years ago about one of us whose girlfriend ran into him dressed at a restaurant. Did not have the same ending your's did. Oh, and BTW, she may not have really softened, it could be a matter of relativity. You're no longer closely related to her.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Platinum Member
    H Karen, You just never know who you are going to run into when tou are out.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    I'd go for coffee and see where the discussion goes. Obviously she doesn't feel the pressure of having you dressed and maybe even enjoys you now in a skirt. She might become your best friend now.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I agree, so go for coffee, after all it is just coffee. It would be an opportunity to catch up on what is new, and who knows, maybe you could be girl friends.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Platinum Member
    Do get together with your ex but don't bring any alterior motives. Any friend is worth having.

I would DAM SURE meet her ,,,Dressed like a HOOKER ,,,LOL,,, What Uppppppppp ,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I don't know...If this happened to me, which it could never happen since I don't go public dressed, I's feel a tremendous amount of pain since seeing her might remind me of the good times when we were in love and together. I'd feel so un-manly to her and that would really bother me. Especially if I thought she was on her way home from a date. My ex-wife and I are friends. She never had an issue about my dressing. In fact enjoyed it with me many times. But still, I was her man. Maybe I'm just to sentimental to have been comfortable in that situation. Maybe I'd even feel jealous that she was out with a guy even though we have both moved on. We simply never talk about who we are seeing or anything about our romantic lives today.
    But that's me. I hope you are OK with the chance meeting and that you can remain at least friends.

Maybe she still loves you and misses you. Maybe she wants to see if there is anything left to rebuild on. I guess it depends on how you feel about her and if there is any hope to rekindle the flame. Well, that's the romantic in me.
    But then again, if she is happy it's over and views you as just a friend, then she can relax and be comfortable about talking about clothes like she did when she ran into you. Some women can and do accept a man being a CD. That is, as long as it's not her man.
    Last edited by BRANDYJ; 08-19-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Banned Read only
    People do change. We are not static creatures; at least most of us are not. Sometimes when we take a particular stand, later on we may come to understand that we overreacted or the response was based on some peripheral issue of what turned out to be minor importance. You just never know how people may change until you get there.

Anyway, you can never be too rich, too thin or have too many friends...

Go for it stay friends with her it can still be a meaningful relationship.
    I always say do not burn your bridges behind you you may like to retreat one day.
    I have kept friends with a couple of my old girlfriends, yes they are friends and married to someone else.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Hopefully Caroline is looking for friendship because I wold love it. I hold no hopes of reconciliation, that died a long time ago. I doubt she could accept the Karen of now, she could barely tolerate her behind locked doors and drawn curtains so this would shock me. I will call her next week and meet her for coffee but I am going to insist it is Karen that meets her, am I asking too much here?

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Jane View Post
    Hopefully Caroline is looking for friendship because I wold love it. I hold no hopes of reconciliation, that died a long time ago. I doubt she could accept the Karen of now, she could barely tolerate her behind locked doors and drawn curtains so this would shock me. I will call her next week and meet her for coffee but I am going to insist it is Karen that meets her, am I asking too much here?
    I don't think it's asking too much. Then again, I don't see why you have to insist on anything. You make plans for coffee and go how you feel like going. If it's in a dress, so be it. You wouldn't ask her how you could dress if you were going in drab, would you?

Had a friend whose wife kicked him out. She went fulltime and was accepted by everyone, literally. A most amazing story. Divorce went through and now they are good friends and do more together than ever. You know what they say, CDing is OK, but just not my husband

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Jane View Post
    Well, it depends. Do you want to make the possible friendship contingent upon her acceptance of your femme persona? I'm not suggesting one thing or the other, but that's the question that needs to get answered. Insisting may or may not have consequences.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Well, it depends. Do you want to make the possible friendship contingent upon her acceptance of your femme persona? I'm not suggesting one thing or the other, but that's the question that needs to get answered. Insisting may or may not have consequences.
    Mo a possible friendship is not contingent on her acceptance of Karen however if she truly wants be friends I would think she needs to know Karen and understand her side of the twisted relationship all of us girls live in.

Maybe she lucked out on her date that night and figured you for might save what's left of the evening. Never buy back an old pair of boots and always try on a new pair of boots before buying them.

Since she already knows your foibles it might be that your ex will turn out to be a very good friend. Just don't jump back into a situation that you've already regretted. Keep it Dutch Treat.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gold Member
    Once people are divorced, there is nothing really left to fight about. I mean especially after 4 years, what could possibly be worth hanging onto anger for? people move on.
    I mean if you met up with her for lunch or coffee, probably no harm. I mean you used to be married to her so you both know each other probably better than anyone.

With her giving you razz about wearing hose with open toe shoes, well, for some reason there seems to be strict rules that some abide by with pantyhose so don't even worry about that one Hey, if you two meet up maybe she can give you some fashion tips. Women seem to enjoy helping with that, even to TG women.

Just because someone is an ex does not mean you have to hate them. Maybe two people can be friends but not lovers/LTR.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

It is nice that you can get along with an ex spouse. My first wife came over two weeks ago to meet Alice and it was a great experience.