Thread: For my wife

Smile For my wife

A reply I made to a thread got me thinking.
    As I have proudly posted before. I came out to my wife about a month and a half ago.
    She has been the greatest about it we go shopping all the time she look for way for me to get girl time and we talk like girl friends.
    But when tell her how great she is for being the way she is.
    She tells me she is nothing special. Can you girls help me to let her know how wonderful she is.
    Now she dose pick up my phone all the time and read threads I post and read. Her way of learning about a way of life she knew nothing about befor we had our talk. So I know she will read this and all replys.
    Thank you.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Well let me tell you Mrs. Ashley D's wife: you sound very much like someone special to me!

As a still closeted CD/TG-something-or-other, I can tell you that my greatest fear is that when I do come out to my wife, that this will change her fundamental perception of me in such a way that she no longer wants to be with me ... or worse, she'll be hostile and hateful about it, and that this will end my marriage, destroy our life together and give my kids therapy bills for the rest of their lives. I am completely certain that I'm not the only one around here who shares in those fears ... they can be so debilitating to live with.

By being patient and open and understanding ... and not only that, but also joining here and trying to learn more about what makes us tick ... you're A+ golden in my book. Bravo!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Gosh! I wish my wife were accepting and just a bit cooperative. She found out 10 years ago. Today she went to church alone and knows that I usually dress while she is away. She warned me sternly to not go out in the side yard for pictures. And to be dressed as a boy and all cleaned up when she gets home in 90 minutes. Sigh.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    They are wonderful, I don't care what they say. The problem as I see it, is they have no clue what having a supportive partner towards CDing means. Reading posts from other members that are faced with the stress of being found out or having a SO that knows but has zero interest in it can weigh on your mind.
    My wife has her ups and downs with it but is always supportive. We are in a down period right now (she doesn't want to be around Lee)but she still went out and bought me two new outfits for this weekend. She was going out with the girls for a B-day party and she knows these are the times I open Lee's closet and have some fun while she is out. We were texting back and forth last night and she asked for a picture of Lee. So being a typical CDer, I sent 12 in both outfits.
    Her reply quote "Aww honey, u look cute...love you" Those simple words can warm someones heart beyond explanation.
    So yes Ashley's wife you are special.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Ashley, The fact that your wife doesn't think she is special makes her that much more SPECIAL.
    I am also one of the lucky ones, with a very understanding and supportive wife.
    I can only tell you that I can't stop thanking her and telling her how much I love her.
    I try and do as much to help around the house as I can, and I try to be a good wife on the weekend.
    I never stop trying to let her know how much I appreciate her.

Good Luck with you efforts to make her feel special.

It is absolutely wonderful to have such an accepting wife.
    The things you can do and share with each other really enhances your relationship.
    May your years together be as happy as they are now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marguarite View Post
    Ashley, The fact that your wife doesn't think she is special makes her that much more SPECIAL.
    Absolutely true! If crossdressing is not something she set out to look for in a spouse she's awfully special in accepting it and even more in treating it like it's no big deal and enjoying it with you. I sure hope all these great replies help, but the biggest help will be you continuing to tell her, and more importantly, show her how special she is and how happy she makes you.

Good luck!

Welcome to the ranks of those of us that have the support and love of a great woman in our lives. My first thought in expressing your appreciation for her, as well as love for her is to not only tell her in words, but in actions. Do something special for her. Even if it's something so simple as going out and detailing her car. Buy her a single rose or something sentimental to express your feelings for her. Take her out for dinner or do something with her that you know she likes. Let her know every day how special she is, both in words and in actions. My SO and I are miles apart for now, but I never for a second take her for granted. I let her know constantly that I love and appreciate her. The more I do it, the more she expresses a special bond to me too. It's a win win thing when we never take them for granted.
    Oh, tell her I think she is special too. Well...all of us do.

Just Love her and make SURE she knows it. She is special and she has proven you have good taste in picking a woman.

Fran

To ashley d's wife,
    I can't really say anything that hasent or won't be said. I also have a wife like you. And she is the most wonderful person I have ever met. I am afraid to think where I'd be without her. But with her I am a much better person by far. She is everything to me and I'm sure ashley feels the same about you. I don't know if you understand the depth of emotions that go along with us. And to have our soulmate share it with us is way more than just special. I wish you both manyhappy years together.
    Now I'm all teary eyed. I'm going to go give my wife a hug now.

Hi everyone this is Ashley's wife. I want to thank everyone for their kind words. I really didn't think I was anything I just love my wife. She is my best freind and I always want to keep that smile on her face since I found out a month and a half ago. She is the best thing that's happen to me in a long time besides my wonderful kids. Ashely is the best and she means the world to me. I'm so thankful for her. I know it was hard for her to come out and tell me but since she has our marriage has never been so wonderful I so blessed to have her I love you Ashley more than you will ever know

Platinum Member
    Hi Ashley, You are so lucky to have such a wonderful wife.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley D. View Post
    Hi everyone this is Ashley's wife. I want to thank everyone for their kind words. I really didn't think I was anything I just love my wife. She is my best freind and I always want to keep that smile on her face since I found out a month and a half ago. She is the best thing that's happen to me in a long time besides my wonderful kids. Ashely is the best and she means the world to me. I'm so thankful for her. I know it was hard for her to come out and tell me but since she has our marriage has never been so wonderful I so blessed to have her I love you Ashley more than you will ever know
    I'm not crying, I'm NOT! Bloody onions...
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

You are just amazing... both of you! I wish you absolute happiness... you are a beacon! My wife accepts, tolerates less, and goes crazy if she sees anything. Bra in the tumble dryer, etc... I have to be soooo careful. Or it is days (if not weeks) of pain... usually helped on its way by spending money to make up... so counter productive on all levels...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Being a wife and putting up with the man side makes women special enough. To make an adjustment to this bombshell being dropped, and tolerating, or accepting, or supporting gives them an extra special label, for sure. My wife supports me totally intellectually and wants me to really discover myself. But, after initial support and doing many things together for several months, her emotions got her, and I cannot dress in front of her. We still talk about it, and she can joke. I feel she is still special not to have run away screaming.

Wife of Ashley, you are special. Just live with it.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    To Ashley's wife,
    You are very special in so many ways not only are you accepting but also very understanding about how hard it is for Ashley to have revealed her femme side.
    You seem to be able to see she is the same person no matter how she presents and that in itself is a very special thing.
    My GF is the same way and so very special to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    To Ashley's wife,
    You are very special in so many ways not only are you accepting but also very understanding about how hard it is for Ashley to have revealed her femme side.
    You seem to be able to see she is the same person no matter how she presents and that in itself is a very special thing.
    My GF is the same way and so very special to me.
    I know she is like totally great!
    We finally set her up a account here so she can do her own thing.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley D. View Post
    I know she is like totally great!
    We finally set her up a account here so she can do her own thing.
    Awesome I like her already lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Awesome I like her already lol
    Thank you for the kind words this is Ashley wife again. I wanted to tell you have a very pretty profile pic

Indeed she IS special. Make sure she ALWAYS knows it!!!
    ​Cindy

Banned Spammer
    To Ashley's wife thank you so much.

She may not feel like she's doing any special because to her it's just an extension of her love for you. She may not realize the depth of meaning that this support has for those of us that are married.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    She may not feel like she's doing any special because to her it's just an extension of her love for you. She may not realize the depth of meaning that this support has for those of us that are married.

That is the point I was wanting to get across to her with this thread.
    To her it may be no big dill but to me it means the world.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn

A loving and accepting wife puts the joy in living. Tell her how much you love her every day. Buy her cards, take her shopping, dining, whatever she enjoys the most.

Kiss her for me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda