Thread: Gynecomastia progression

Gynecomastia progression

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted anything on here. I thought I'd just say something that happened to me. I guess it was a gift and a curse at the same time. It's about Gynecomastia, or natural breast development in males.

I started to develop small breasts in my teenage years(I'm 24 now), probably at the age of 14-15. They were just puffy to start with and not really noticeable. It coincides with when I started CDing.

I played a lot of sport in my teenage years and I remember once while playing soccer, I took a shoulder to my chest area and my breasts were sore for a while, this was probably when I first realised my breasts. I then started to notice my breasts even more and its growth proceeded right to the end of puberty. I probably have a decent A cup, but it isn't noticeable unless I wear thin shirts. I thought it was something that would go by this time but it has held stable.

In terms of crossdressing and being a women, It's fantastic. Why?
    I have Cleveage
    I can fit into a bra
    I can wear a pushup bra and it works very shapely and with purpose.

However its downsides can be noted extensively. I can't take my shirt off ever in public and I have been very careful to make sure It doesn't get noticed by my male counterparts. I haven't gone swimming in a very long time. I've had females who I had sexual encounters with comment on it however, but most of the time it has been very observational. I think that for them its a sensitive area of note and they take precaution as before saying anything. I don't think males understand how insecure females are, we know they are but its something they have drilled into them from youth. Anyways the list of downsides can go on.

The moral of the story for other CDers who I see recently really wanting natural breasts is, be careful what you wish for. It's nice for 10% of the time but the other 90 it isn't.
    Its only when you put on that dress or that skirt that you feel like a real women

Amy, Also have the same gift. even had a breast exam with my physical. Luv Roberta

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy, Growing up I was on the chubby side In Jr. High I went through hell
    with my Boy Boobs .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I agree, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Everything in this live has its up side and down side. Problem is that we romanticize things and only see what we want to see!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

At 60 years of age I really dont care what others might say, I am retired so I have no boss, and my wife thinks its OK so there is no one who bothers me about it. Mine are nearly a 'B'.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Aspiring Member
    Amy:Just wait, I'm 62 and have almost a full B cup without padding. I also keep my chest depilitated. The good thing is at my age, no body wants to see me with my shirt off anyway (LOL)

Danielle

Yeah, I'm finally experiencing some of the downsides that comes with bigger breasts as well. I've noticed I'm less free in my physical movements and body positions since I always have an awareness of how my breasts appear in whatever I'm wearing or doing. Oftentimes I'll have on a sports bra to help minimize their appearance, but then I have to be aware that leaning forward makes the bra's band visible across my back.

I've wanted to go swimming several times recently, but didn't because of not wanting to show my body. I finally ordered a women's swim shirt (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049HTPG0/) to cover my torso in the pool. It should arrive this week and I'm really looking forward to trying it out. I'd love to go swimming in public again. I imagine that even with the shirt's compression my breasts will still be noticeable, just not as much. At least my bikini tan lines won't be visible. It's those tan lines, which I love so much in private or at my friend's pool, that give me pause for using public pool changing rooms. I may put the top on in a bathroom stall if there are too many people around.

Even wearing a compression t-shirt (I have several kinds and like these the best: http://www.amazon.com/Underworks-Ult...dp/B001KWH7MG/) I'm aware of the occasional wandering glance from both men and women. Wearing nothing underneath a shirt, even a loose shirt, means my chest will definitely get wandering glances.

I fear the loss of a simple "masculine" identity and the easy physicality that goes with it, while at the same time I enjoy my new gender-blending physical form immensely as I move into a gender identity not based on exclusionary male/female definitions.

Still, I walk down the street differently now as a man with boobs and hips then I did before when I didn't have to account for these things. Having womanly features requires more attention to appearances. I'm still glad I have them though.

~Rachel

I totally agree, the other day I was wearing a loose shirt at work , I normally wear under Armour shirts under my uniform, and when I had to make a quick run dash the bouncing feeling was kind of odd...other thing that I get asked quite often by guy admirers is if I am on hormones, they think I am when they see my little breast tissue
    Last edited by Barbara Dugan; 08-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Mine came from hormones when I was twenty.
    Grew little nubs and aureolas.
    They stayed there. Size A and manageable.
    They have been an asset.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I totally agree, the other day I was wearing a loose shirt at work , I normally wear under Armour shirts under my uniform, and when I had to make a quick run dash the bouncing feeling was kind of odd...other thing that I get asked quite often by guy admirers is if I am on hormones, they think I am when they see my little breast tissue
    I have received looks from people as well, mostly male. Another thing is sleeping is difficult -.-
    Its only when you put on that dress or that skirt that you feel like a real women

I'm dealing with the same issue Amy. There are times when I don't want them noticed. I was looking at compression t-shirts too. Looking for answers myself in hiding them.

The only hiding I do is when I wear a white shirt. Then I wear an undershirt over my bra. If I go swimming I will wear a black sports bra along with a pair of blue and black trunks. And yes, I wear a B cup bra whenever I am out in public or a sports bra when I run.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

my 38 C's

Have the same issues love them in grilie mode, but some time's in boy mode hate
    I cannot go shirtless. Wife likes my c cup. I even have some of her discarded bras.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I had A+ breasts when I was 9 years old and was told by our doctor that I should wear a bra so that I wouldn't have sagging breasts. My dad bought me a bra and other than my time in the U. S. Navy I have worn one ever since. Oh yes, my A+ breasts became a B+ when I was in my teens, and now I am 80 y/o and I still fill B cups!! I wear a bra every day!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gynecomastia is a medical condition, nothing more, nothing less. You shouldn't be ashamed of having it any more than you would be ashamed of any other medical condition.

I'm not suggesting that you wear a pushup bra in public, but if you go shirtless to the beach or pool and someone mentions it, just explain it to them in a matter of fact way and go on about your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rose View Post
    ................... Another thing is sleeping is difficult -.-
    Genetic women don't have trouble sleeping with "boobs". My wife is a "DDD" and she sleeps just fine. Even on her stomach at times.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-20-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Merged - please use the multi quote button
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have "D" forms to wear when dressed, but I wouldn't mind some having some real tissue to back things up. Maybe a B cup would be nice to start with. A little natural breast would give me pleasure.

i have had gyno since early 20's now 66 with DDD breast that sag very little thanks to a doc many years ago who put me in a good support firm fit bra and said wear it all the time or you will be in pain the reason for the bra was the size then full B and in pain from gyno so i am blessed with breast many woman would pay big money to have and i love them my GG is having to learn to deal with them she has no problem with me in panties but she struggles with me in a bra

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    Amy:Just wait, I'm 62 and have almost a full B cup without padding. <snip> at my age, no body wants to see me with my shirt off anyway
    ^this! Same here! Man boobs were always an embarrasment; now, who really cares. I'm pretty well o.k. with knowing that I'm not sexually attractive any more, anyway.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't have the same issue, but always was sensitive about my small build (still am sometimes), but if you adopt a don't care attitude then you feel a lot better. There is nothing wrong with a male with some breasts... probably not something you want to show off with no t-shirt at the mall if you don't want to attract attention, but on the beach...that's just who you are (you can't change that) and as a guy its normal to have your shirt off. ...legal too so you might as well flaunt it (becasue its illegal for woman to do that in some places).
    Chickie

Since they are from a medical condition.... Why hide them? Be like someone hiding they have they have have a bad leg... or ALS. Not like it was your fault.... anyone asks just tell them.... I got the start of my B+s from a pituitary tumor ... a prolactinoma... which causes the breasts to grow.. and I'm not shy about telling people about them... even if they don't ask! lol. "So you've probably been wondering amount my big boobs?"

of coarse over the years I've been helping them along a bit.... and most of the people at work know... and no one really cares! or if they do they don't show it.... like I care they would care.... so wear them with pride.... no mater what clothing you wear.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Seems that Im not alone. Mine started to develop at puberty along with substantial nipples and both have been really sensitive since that time (42 A's). School was hell and I probably dont have to describe on this forum the sort of "treatment" I got from my "friends". I would never take my shirt off in any circumstances. Fortunately my second SO thought they were cute and so I didnt feel so bad about them after that. Side effect of high blood pressure meds made them a bit bigger but now approching 60 Ive got used to them. Im still reluctant to take my shirt off in "public" but my wife loves to play with my nips which is just great.

Fiona.
    Last edited by Fiona Scott; 08-20-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Sprlling ?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    At 60 years of age I really dont care what others might say, I am retired so I have no boss, and my wife thinks its OK so there is no one who bothers me about it. Mine are nearly a 'B'.
    Ah, the freedoms that arrive with advancing age. I feel the same way about my own mammary ambiguity, with letting my hair grow out (to shoulder blades now), routinely maintaining an (almost) hairless body, and keeping my toenails dressed with a subtle metallic rose polish (a young lady friend noticed last week and thought it was cool; a young male friend recently was more puzzled, but accepted my reply that I just considered it good grooming). We live in shorts and sandals from May to October here, and the only other comment I can remember lately is one of the guys in the golf league noting how tan my legs are. I also usually wear a crop top for support, which is pretty discernable through my polo shirts, but, ya know what? I really don't care what anyone notices or thinks, and I'm ready if anyone says anything. I yam what I yam.

Ambiguity rules!
    Last edited by Acastina; 08-20-2012 at 02:28 PM.