Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't it be great to cd at work?

Wouldn't it be great to cd at work?

You know a job that doesn't require uniforms. Like Teachers, lawyers ect.
    Just to come into work as who you are would be so wonderful. Don't you agree?
    You where born this way.

That's my goal. Yes, it might be a lofty one, but if I don't strive for it I won't achieve it!

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Rose View Post
    You know a job that doesn't require uniforms. Like Teachers, lawyers ect.
    Just to come into work as who you are would be so wonderful. Don't you agree?
    You could do it as a haidresser, beautician, etc. I've heard Walmart has some crossdressing or transgendered employees. And no doubt you could do it in a CD shop.

I don't think you'll get far as a crossdressing lawyer or school teacher though.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    You could do it as a haidresser, beautician, etc. I've heard Walmart has some crossdressing or transgendered employees. And no doubt you could do it in a CD shop.

I don't think you'll get far as a crossdressing lawyer or school teacher though.
    MM true on those but, hey, you can dream right?
    You where born this way.

i'm not saying its fair but there are a lot of buisness's that would lose money if it happened and at the end of the day thats what buisness is for.
    finaly trying to mind this poor body that ive been thrashing for years .

Platinum Member
    I dress every day at work...of course I work at home.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    haha! I came by to say I do it all the time (telecommuter), but doing it in the office?
    I dunno. Maybe if I'd reached that "honeybadger" level of "not giving a F---" ... otherwise I imagine I'd spend all day stressed out of my mind about what everyone was thinking, how I looked ... if my beard was starting to come in by the end of the day, yadda yadda.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

In other words, a professional office. Having worked in a law office, I can guarantee you that if you're male and not able to pass for female (or vice versa), AND have the appropriate paperwork on file with the court clerk/county/city/state/federal people, you aren't getting any clients, which means no billable hours and no money.

Somewhere out on the web, I read the journal of a professional MtF, a surgeion who had to leap through enormous numbers of hoops in order to practice. Don't forget, it's not only the government bureaucrats but also the university ones that need to re-issue diplomas. If you're practicing as Brenda and your diplomas on the wall say 'William', as a client/patient I'd ask about that.

Yes it would (dress when I work at home only pants suits and flats when I work on campus)

My SO has been doing this for the past 7 years. Two years at one job then left there and applied and got the job she is at now, and they are happy to help her with her transition.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I just cannot imagine any school that would accept a crossdresser (who is dressed) as a school teacher.

In my own workplace, I would like to make an attempt at some women's slacks and oxford tops, maybe with some conservative yet androgynous flats. Just for reference, I am an engineer, and wear the male versions of those every day, so I think I might be able to slip those things in. Maybe one-by-one.

dressing up @ work

i would luv 2 *** in 2 work "dressed up"....i am entirely comfortable wearing feminine clothes...

I was outed at work a couple years ago. Most there know that I crossdress. It hasn't affected my job and working relationships with others. That being said. To know and have it thrown in your face is 2 completely different things. I would love to wear a dress to work but that would be crossing the line. I was politely informed by HR what I do in my own time is fine and will not affect my job; but also in a round-about-way [without really saying it] told me to keep it out of the work place.

Fun yeah.... but in reality my productivity would go to hell! Always be going to the ladies room to fix this or straighten that.... reapplying makeup at my desk.... having fend off all those managers chasing me around the desk! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think I'll focus on actually getting a job first lol
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Quote Originally Posted by xdressed View Post
    I think I'll focus on actually getting a job first lol
    It costs quite a bit to look this cheap! ^_^

It is a great thought but the practicalities are far from the illusion I am afraid.
    For me it would have to be a whole new life and miles away from where I live.
    Another island might help.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Our unifroms were unisexed and it would be very hard to see the only difference between male and female. If you weren't aware of the industry standard of the side the shirts button on and looking close then. It was only visable at the collar because even though they had button plackets they zipped up and sealed very well. The pants were the same too. Supposed to be cut different but very little difference. I know because I was issued womens when I needed some pants and there wasn't any alternative. The first uniforms I was issued many years ago were ordered specificaly for our Lt. and she was a large woman, when they wouldn't fit heer butt or bust she reissued them to me and they were exactly the same as male closures and all. So I suppose I croosdressed at work for many years, with the agency's blessing. Shame is untill now I never really thought about it, I could have been feeling the Jazz all those years if I had only put it together.

If I had a job like that it would be great, but mine is a uniform world and they all look the same so only my jewelry would make me stand out and that's restricted too.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Uh, no. I don't need to look pretty to do my job, it's easier in drab than in a pretty dress and heels. The women don't dress up pretty at my job either.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Dress @ Work ??

Every day .. I do,,, An I dont work at home ,,, Thats whats good about working for yourself ,,, There are all kinds of jobs where you could dress ! Ya gotta use your imagination ! I took care of that before I got here ,,Thats why I am here ,,, Just lucky I guess !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm hoping to do that one day just for shits and giggles then retire.

Given our policies at work, I think I could get away with it. ( i work in retail, but a very liberal company ) I am tempted to ask, I want to try wearing a skirt, but without trying to pass. Just pair it with some kind of shirt, or top, that looks neat with it. I think they'd be OK, and would defend me from negative attitudes from other staff, not that there would be many. I'm not sure I'm thick skinned enough to take the comments from customers and the teasing from co-workers.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Oh hell yes! Pardon the French lol, I would love to go to. Work in a skirt stockings some high heels, basically lookin like he ht secretary,