Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confrontation: Run or fight?

It's been my experience that the best way to deal with up to 4 or 5 agressors goes like this- give the smallest one a coin for the 'phone box, tell him to dial 9 11(999 in england) and ask for an ambulance, just as he asks why, kick the one "with the mouth" straight in the nuts (******** in england) this usulally makes them all start running before he hits the ground! If not I don't tend to worry as I am a karate student. I realise this will not suit everybody, but it has served me very well for many years.

First and foremost always be aware of your surroundings. My days of fisticuffs are very seldom since my school days. I often follow the advise others have given, smile and then head for safety. Way to often these days, people bring more than their fists to a fight. Any confrontation you walk away from is a good one. Much like a good aircraft landing is one you walk away from.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Banned Read only
    Well, If I was in that situation, I would just walk away as Katie did. With the knowledge of knowing that as a man, oftentimes , we shouldn't even speak to strange children at all. I learned that the hard way many years ago. When I was a young teenager, I bagged groceries. And I would speak to the little children in the buggies. I learned real fast that this is not acceptable for most parents. It is even more strongly advisable not to speak to any little children in these times. If a man has his wife with him, he then maybe, be allowed to speak to strange children in front of their parents. But as a CD, and talking to little children, that's a no no.
    I would have never spoke to the children. I would have just stood back or went somewhere else for a few minutes and then returned when it was clear. Yes I know it shouldn't be this way but it is. I have had people break in front of me in lines, and I knew that if I said anything, no matter how nice I could speak, the opposition would sort of crank up the heat and make it all bad. This world is full of bullies, that are ready to fight someone for defending themselves from a righteous stance. I will walk away and go to a neutral corner. If I'm followed, I will stop and turn to them and not even speak, for I have given them an out. If they get in my face and are still barking, I will explode, the hard right cross will be followed with many more. But if I was as Tara, I would keep on walking on out the door, to the car and drive off if I can. For I know that once it become physical, only the law will break it up and then you're a cd in jail and on the news.
    If Katie had become more confrontational and a fight had ensued, she'd be in jail, and on front page news. And the story would have been "PARENTS PROTECT CHILDREN FROM A CROSS DRESSER", and Katie's male pic would be posted, etc.

She did what was right in this, even though she was practicing reasonable manners and ethics , she was robbed of her own rights. I'm glad she is safe, and that's the important thing, though her honor may be a little burned. It's very sad that we have people like these bullies everywhere.

L&R...............Tara
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 08-23-2012 at 07:51 PM.

When it comes to a possible fight i always loved the quote from the Atlanta Drag Queen Charlie Brown.." If they want to start trouble with me they better remember, i am just a big old southern boy in a dress, and i will get down with them."

Talk is cheap. I probably would slither away if I could. No sense having more trouble if you can get away with it.. I am old and small. BUT if hands were put on my body there is a carbon steel baton in my pocket that a person will never see until they are looking up from the ground..Now remember girls at the top of this and every page there is a "no gun thread warning "

Maybe this person figures that what somebody wears is more important than all the stuff happening in the world today. Let's face it, war\famine\reccession\etc., do they really have the thought given that might help solve some of these situations.............? No, because what a person wears, how they talk, etc., is more important to people like that...........BURY THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND AND THE OTHER THINGS DON'T EXIST AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO GET INVOLVED!!!!!! IT'LL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE ELSES PROBLEM.... But now, choose to wear clothes that aren't "correct", and you're the reason for the downfall of society.

..........And they call me a cynic????

My 2 cents....Avoid confrontation if at all possible. if not and the threat still persists, by all means use your God given right to defend yourself by any means possible. My personal preference is a had held object that propels a projectile 800 plus feet per second..... just sayin`. lol

I have never seen such aggression in a thread on this forum.
    Some members seem to be just reviling in the violence they would do. How very macho.

I have not enjoyed reading a thread for the first time ever.

I dunno about the "macho" part, suzy. Females can be pretty aggressive in their own right when pursuing their particular agendas and staring down bullies. Your very own "Iron Lady" Maggie Thatcher had no problem opening up a can of "whoop-@ss" on the "Argies" back in the early 80's when they started rattling their sabres to precipitate the ill-fated (for them) Falklands War...

Silver Member
    It's nice to feel we would confront a jerk. But if you think it through, is it better to acknowledge an asshole, confront them, risk an altercation, and then maybe deal with the police, too? I think that unless we would be defending ourselves from an aggressor who follows us or physically threatens us, it is usually better 100% of the time, to just walk away from jerks. Besides, you might break a nail if you get into a fight.

Y'know, I've had a couple of experiences which have taught me that talking tough is not the same as living through an experience and you really do not know what you will do until that experience happens. Sometimes people who think they are runners will fight back. Sometimes the tough talkers crumple.

Also, if you are in danger then screw thinking about idealistic stances. Do whatever you need to do to get yourself in a safe place and don't let anyone make you feel ashamed because when you can actually get away? you did the right thing.

Also also: I'm not sure 100% about what situation you all will find yourselves in in the future but I for one have had reason to be VERY glad for the police being involved. Yes, it's going to involve some talking to establish why you are in drag, but they truly can be a huge help even in a complicated situation.
    Last edited by Babeba; 08-24-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I have never seen such aggression in a thread on this forum. Some members seem to be just reviling in the violence they would do. How very macho. I have not enjoyed reading a thread for the first time ever.
    Oh wait, are you referring to a response like this?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    I completely disagree with walking away from something like this. Just because you weren't harmed by this guy doesn't mean that the next person won't be. Homophobia, Transphobia, whatever. He's not scared. He's an asshole and needs to be put in his place. I'm 5'9", 180(ish) pounds and if you get in my face we're going to scrap. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing a dress, you're not going to make me feel like less of a person because you're an asshole.
    And there is a weapon in my Prada bag to back me up if I need it.
    If you get in my face we're going to scrap??
    This “tough” talk only makes you look like a clown, especially here.
    You better take your dangerous attitude, your prada bag, and see just how fast you can
    walk away from this situation in your expensive leather pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    This “tough” talk only makes you look like a clown, especially here.
    You better take your dangerous attitude, your prada bag, and see just how fast you can
    walk away from this situation in your expensive leather pumps.
    And you better give your attitude a rest on this forum or I'll be putting my size 5's up your butt and giving you a vacation for a while.

As for this thread, it's clearly done!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn