Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you supposed to be?

Makeup addict!

What are you supposed to be?

I've often seen crossdressing as being thematic, and each guy that crossdresses has his own theme. Some of us go for the sexy look, frequently wearing revealing clothes, showing cleavage, and always wearing heels. Others wear black hair, put on leather outfits and bracelets with studded spikes and become metal girls. Many frequently dress formally, always wearing dresses good for an evening out, and others dress like people with various professions like teacher or nurse.

So for you, what are trying to be? What is this girl you become? Is she a reflection of you, your view of women, or the kind of women you prefer? Is there any particular allure to being the kind of woman you dress as as opposed to any other?

I've always been more of a friendly and romantic girl, often dressing casually, much like most girls. I don't do sexy poses, nor do I try to be sexy. I dress like the everyday girl, probably because those are the ones I like and have hung out with my whole life

And I like a smile

i am a fashionista .. but.. im realizing its not what im sposed to be. its what i am.. and furthermore.. we really are our own thing. not like any other group./. its not so much about sex its just about being.. we all know that already. but it deserves to be said as often as possible.

I like to be the everyday girl one that dresses casual, but still looks pretty like a school teacher.

My casual look is about that of a average girl-next-door my age. I wasn't sure about my dressed up, going out kind of look, but now it's starting to be realized as a sexy girl with a bit of a rock influence. Growing up, I was rather influenced by glam rock, so that sort of edge comes out in me a bit as I dress. Besides, I've got tats, so I decided to play to them rather than fight them.

I wouldn't say that I am my ideal woman to date or anything. Nor would I say that my femme self is my mental image of what women should be. The final product just comes out the way it does because it's an extension of me. But I will say, the things I choose to wear are the things I wish the women I date would pick out on their own. Sadly, there's a bit of a divide there, but that's ok - if the girl I date won't wear something, I can instead!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

At home it's casual, and when I decide to go out it's classic feminine for my age and destination.I guess that's the kind of woman I would have been if born female.
    Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I guess I dress casual unless it's a doctors appointment then I dress more ''dress-up'' with a skirt or dress!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    I prefer formal and elegant w/o the long dress.

Thera

This question seems to come up a lot in different forms. Having just come from the mall, the majority of GG's were dressed in sweats and athletic shoes with no makeup or jewelry. I don't think trying to replicate that look is what most of us are after.

I like skirts and hose and heels because those make me feel more feminine. Most of the clothes I buy are what I think I would wear if I really were a girl. Granted, it's very hard to find nicely designed pieces in 1X or XL, so assembling an outfit is somewhat more difficult. Adding to the complexity is the pressure to get in and out of the women's department quickly! If I had a couple hours to shop and try different things on it would be far easier.

I think I'm trying to be pretty, a little sexy, and enjoy the feeling of satin and nylon. How does that sound?

Gosh, I guess I run the gamut. I like sexy but casual too.
    So is my avatar one or the other or both.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I am going for that thirty something- with a touch of my twenties just because i can-casual, lets go have a fun day out- type of look.... Some cute and lil sexy jeans, with a cute top maybe layered, and shoes as the day dictates. That is my ambition and end result. Glam has never really been me, but i will say that i really think the fashions of the twenty-something are awfully cute ( not the ****ty looking ones, but the college look). But hey thats me
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Aspiring Member

lots of places for 1x+

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaBMarie View Post
    This question seems to come up a lot in different forms. Having just come from the mall, the majority of GG's were dressed in sweats and athletic shoes with no makeup or jewelry. I don't think trying to replicate that look is what most of us are after.

I like skirts and hose and heels because those make me feel more feminine. Most of the clothes I buy are what I think I would wear if I really were a girl. Granted, it's very hard to find nicely designed pieces in 1X or XL, so assembling an outfit is somewhat more difficult. Adding to the complexity is the pressure to get in and out of the women's department quickly! If I had a couple hours to shop and try different things on it would be far easier.

I think I'm trying to be pretty, a little sexy, and enjoy the feeling of satin and nylon. How does that sound?
    try these places:
    www.monroandmain.com
    www.womanwithin.com
    www.midnightvelvet.com
    www.ashro.com\
    you'll find, flashy, dressy, sexy, etc.
    JUST a crossdresser

I don't know what I dress as, you tell me. I dress in red pom poms in my red hair pulling up my pig tails, in a pink blouse and pink mini skirt with my white corset on the out side, white thigh highs with pink bows, metal studed black stileto platforms with leather lacing up to my knees and a 2 inch wide belt and arm gaunttlets to match.
    Last edited by Davena Doll; 08-24-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    At home it's casual, and when I decide to go out it's classic feminine for my age and destination.I guess that's the kind of woman I would have been if born female.
    Lisa
    Same thing for me not into a lot of makeup wigs or such, at home always casual, when out try to blend just average girl not sexy like i am available. Usually jeans, sweats, yoga and shorts with tees etc.

I just prefer casual, anything so long as I feel pretty "which I'm not". If I wanted to be drab, well then we know what I would wear. I just don't go places where I would dress formally.

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie, With my large collection I can be any style that I want to be.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Casual dresses or skirts and tops or skirt suits are my style it seems

I really haven't thought about it that much... I just get stuff that looks right to me and mix and match... members who see my pics will no doubt see a certain style... but I haven't really thought it through... I do like to wear ridiculously short skirts though! But I also dress to try to pass!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Katie I just try to be me. I try to blend and dress conservatively like women my age.

Sometimes at home I just have to throw on a miniskirt and go against the grain. I love miniskirts but I also know I'm too old to wear them in public. *sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I love miniskirts but I also know I'm too old to wear them in public. *sigh*.
    Nonsense Marleena! Get out there! Get liberated!

I also do frumpy... I don't have a defined 'look'... I just do it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Well you're rockin' the miniskirt Kaz! I'm not so brave I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Katie I just try to be me. I try to blend and dress conservatively like women my age
    That's about where I fit in. I don't really go for a certain look. I border on the boring.

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    That's about where I fit in. I don't really go for a certain look. I border on the boring.
    Katie,go as you go....just be you.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Just your average 25 year old girl, although she is a little bit of a metal head.

as i'm still in the closet, i tend to dress sexy. but i have gone broke, expanding my wardrobe with much more conservative clothes for when i do venture out. i don't believe that "sexy" is the theme for a first time trip into the public!!

marleena and kaz, you both have great legs and always look wonderful, and i hope to be in the place where you ladies are now, very soon!!
    paula

I'm totally into the goth scene, so generally I like to dress up in a pretty gothy way. Pale foundation, dark lipstick and eyeshadow, black hair, dark clothes... Fun stuff like that.