Thread: Having a wonderful week - my teenage son is SO cool !

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

Having a wonderful week - my teenage son is SO cool !

I'm having a wonderful weekend and I'm so happy that I could just SQUEEEEAAAALLLLL with delight !

I started my 4th annual summer transformation into Elsa on Thursday. I plucked out my long Santa beard and colored my hair. Near midnight, my son told me that he had shared with some friends that his dad is transgendered. One friend had said, "Gee, your dad sure is eclectic."

Friday, I trimmed my bushy eyebrows. Then got dressed with simple gold-tone hoops, a simple blue shirt from Woman Within, Venezia jeans (with the yellow square, for straight-hipped gals) and huarache style flats. I needed a dot of foundation to cover a bloody splotch on my smooth chin but wore no other makeup, no nail polish, no bra, no padding. I pulled the jeans as high as they would go and pulled my belt 2 notches tighter than usual. Then out the door for Elsa's first trip in 10 months.

I started at a strip mall having a $9 haircut sale - there were people everywhere! It looked like a 2 hour wait. Crossdressers can be frugal but there are limits.

I walked thru an enclosed mall to schedule an eye exam and no one batted an eye, not even the Chick-Fil-A staff.

Then to another nearby strip mall where no customers waited at the hair salon. I was greeted by Kim who has won a new customer-for-life. I told her I wanted to keep my overall length but needed a feminine style. She gave me bangs, a feathered top and made the sides hang nicely. The new 'do is delightfully but subtly feminine, easy to style and very appropriate for a 65 year old woman. An incredible value for $17 plus $3 tip.

Visited a grocery outlet where the clerk and I compared our too-heavy BBW figures. She was also braless but her boobage had sunk from sight while I have none and our chests still looked similar. (Should I have told her that her belly protruded from the gap between her shirt and her jeans? I need to consult the etiquette experts.)

My last stop was a self-service produce stand where I chatted about veggies with one of the most naturally beautiful women I have ever seen.

I had not one negative reaction while out and about. No stares, no second takes, no giggles, lots of eye contact with either smiles or no reaction at all. And I made small talk - definitely not my old self.

Saturday, I had errands so brushed my new hairstyle into a plain, smooth style. Wore the same outfit as Friday but the shirt was blue/white small widowpanes. My 18 year old son saw me and said, "You look good". Three simple words that every woman loves to hear. I pulled from my imaginary cleavage a chain belonging to his late mother. The chain has 3 tarnished charms - two gold, one silver - that reminded her of our children. I was too stunned to hug him and tell him how much I loved him.

At a local farm's meat/produce store, I felt like I was glowing with happiness. In the checkout line, I took a good look at the woman in front of me. I always worry that I need to pad my bottom to offset my shoulders and thick waist. But this gal, about 5'10" with long curly hair, had broad shoulders, thick waist, no hips and no butt - her skinny hiphugger jeans drooped more than my high-waist granny jeans did. And I realized I was fitting right in as a woman despite my lack of makeup.

As I did for my errands, I felt waves of happiness washing over me. I smiled at people and made small talk. The more I thought about what my son had said, the wetter my eyes became.

When I got home, I dashed off a quick email to a dear friend to share with her how happy I felt. And I sent a text to my son telling how proud I am to be his "trans"parent.

And now I get to share my elation with hundreds of you.

Sunday, I will go to the local singles dance in male mode. I expect to get of compliments on my new look and I'm sure some will ask about what my planned Halloween outfit.

Next week, I've already arranged to visit a friend who has been horribly sick for almost a year. Even tho' I don't keep up with my own chores, I will spend the day with her helping with her chores and errands - something I would not do as a guy but want to do as Elsa.

I'll keep you posted.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

WOW! I suspect you are on a high!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    You have arrived at a place that so many of us long to be! Congratulations and keep us posted. Your happiness and enthusiasm are a tonic for us all.

Way to go! You're an inspiration.

Young lady you have every reason to be happy! Keep that smile on your face 'cause you deserve it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Well done- esp planned visit to help your friend

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Elsa. Thanks for sharing your story. You sound like a wonderful giving person and are deserving of some happiness.

Hugs,
    Jolene

I hope your life continues on this high note.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Elsa your story has been the high point of my morning. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasam and joy.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

That's a wonderful story Elsa! I can understand why you felt so good, enjoy.