Thread: I finally did it!

I finally did it!

I went out to run some errands and was in need of a new pair of jeans. I have found that Old Navy jeans fit me best. Saw an advert on TV that there jeans were on sale for 19.00 so I went in to see what I could find.
    I found two pair that I really liked so I went to try them on, as I started into the changing area I saw a rack of clearance dresses. I didn't know that Old Navy sold dresses. I saw a dress that I liked and since there wasn't an SA around I took it in with me.
    Here I was in a store about to try on a dress for the first time. I was shaking so hard I could barley get the dress over my head, unfortunately it was to small. Still the idea of trying on a dress in a store was a huge thrill for me and I plan to do it again. I am still excited about my adventure. What a rush!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Congratulations. I've always figured that if I put a pair of men's jeans or a shirt or two over the dress, no one would be the wiser when I went to try things on. I'm still too timid to try out my theory, but I'm proud of you for womanning up!

I tell ya one things for sure it saves alot of Bull when ya try stuff on ,,Cuz its endless ,, Shopping I meen ,, Womans clothes go on for ever ,, An none of them are the same ,,, Sizes ,,Fit ,, Lenth ,, Nothing ,, Even shoes ,, Once ya try stuff on yull be alot better off in your bank acount ,,,No more buying an not wearing cuz it dont look good or dont fit . Same with makeup ,,Yull go broke trying to match your self ,, Its better an cheaper to just go an let them tell ya ,,Even if your so closeted that you have to take a road trip ,, Still cheaper , An trying stuff on is just a Perk ,,, Makes ya feel part of the Game ,,,LOL,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by outhiking View Post
    Congratulations. I've always figured that if I put a pair of men's jeans or a shirt or two over the dress, no one would be the wiser when I went to try things on.
    I did this an awful lot as I was testing my own limits. It really does work great!

Congrats TeriAnn. I know the feeling. I remember my first time and had to get past a SA to get into the dressing room. I was terrified shirtless but I all worked out. Have fun with your adventure.

I know that feeling well, since I try on women's clothes in guy mode all the time. For some reason I always feel like I am advertising what I am doing to the other shoppers waiting in line for me to finish up trying on way too many items of female clothing when I lift my arms over my head and probably above the level of the cheap changing room walls to get that dress on of off over my head. Just did that yesterday and had to laugh at myself, since I really don't care. Some feelings are just hard to get rid of. It does get easier over time and we also get sneakier when we occasionally lose just a bit of confidence.

I think we have all been there done that. Anymore I just grab the dress by itself and go for it. Once I had the Sales clerk asked if it fit as I was leaving the dressing room. I just smiled and said "perfect".

Fun isnt it? I do it a lot. Remember this: Money is green. Nobody in a store cares what you buy. The store couldnt care less if you tried on every dress on the rack. They want you to buy as much as you can carry. Have fun. Enjoy yourself. :-)
    ~Amanda

When I got home from my adventure I got cleaned up and dressed to the nines I just wanted the feeling to last as long as it would. Hope it does'nt sound silly but being my first time to actually try on dresses and such it was a wonderful day Thanks all.

Well Teri Ann, welcome to women hood! Stay proued of yourself, 'cause that is a great step towards your own happiness! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

And bold first step - enjoy the nexr

Hi Teri Ann, what a rush isn't it? Now you are tempted to do it again and wouldn't be? Great story, thank you for sharing

That is when it is nice to have a SA working with you. If the dress isn't the right size, she will be more than happy to find a different size for you, trust me. She will probably come back to the fitting room with 6-8 additional things for you to try on as well. They are there to sell clothes, your money spends as well as anyone elses. Don't fret about letting them see you with the clothes on either, my regular SA at Dress Barn has help me numerous times to go down to a smaller size and she was right on the money. I usually layer a longer sleeved top to cover some arm hair and pulled it tighter across my chest, she pulled it back out so it rode on the outside edge of my breasts saying "if you have them, flaunt them".

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    It is all about confidence. I try on all my stuff before I buy. It saves alot of money. Less embarassing trying it in first than trying to return it if it doesnt fit. If u dont make a scene then no one else will either. Keep your head up and be yourself. Im proud of you.

Thank You for all the kind words I had a blast while I was there and I plan on going back and trying on more things. I love Old Navy clothes sad thing is they don't have much in my size. I am working on that problem though.