Here in Manchester, we're famed for friendliness, tolerance and the thriving gay village which is safe for all sorts and all comers, even trans. Pride weekend rolls around and I have a blast, the only thing is, I saw loads of L, loads of G, even some B, but my question is where was the T!? Don't get me wrong, it was amazing, i met some beautiful people with beautiful attitudes and by and large people were very accepting of me and were happy to treat me as anyone else, the curious ones asked questions, the shy ones stole glances and the ones that didn't want to know were happy to leave me to it. Essentially though, i was hoping to see more trans people out and about and enjoying the area of the city which is super safe for us, i just hope that if you were there and i didn't see you, that you had an absolute blast. So i guess all i'm wondering is, are we generally not welcome at what is seen as a primarily gay event, perhaps we need to make ourselves more visible? We are who we are, it took me a long time to get there, but this year at Manchester pride, i was proud to represent the T.

x Flic x