Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WELL, now everyone knows!!

Sorry it happened - I suspect your classmates will not change how they treat you (I have had transexual students who transitioned over their 4 years undergrad - I did not notice any poor treatment by their peers)

Hi May,

The old saying "be careful what you wish for" certainly applies here. Some may become understanding and curious, asking questions. Most will probably say little to nothing. Your reaction is the difference. If you show weakness and fear, no one will respect you. If you are confident in yourself (in either gender) and your abilities as a curator, this will become less important to your colleagues, especially through time.

Your masculinity rating may have dropped, but your man card wasn't a requirement to begin with, right?

Best wishes,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    This also why I have a separate email address for my CD and TG stuff, so it stays private.

Obvious is seldom seen, but often explained as coincidence. You had a good feeling in your heart about revealing your secret, final step to truth, yet your intellect calculated all the reasons you should keep quiet. Guess what.....you had been heard, and in the light of you wanting to come clean universe made it happen, regardless of what stopped you.
    The path unfolds in front of our noses however we are often blind to the obvious, and take the miracles in front of our eyes as coincidental nuisance.
    In a sense the job was done for you, that had been an experience of mine for the past two years of my long meager life before in denial. I am glad you are in good hands!!!!

"Yaa, I'll come clean: I'm a cross dresser. I get super angry every time I put on clothes. Last week, I put on a tee shirt that *totally* ticked me off, and I ended up ranting for 15 minutes. So I realized I need to do something about it, and I joined a group of other cross dressers. We meet once a week and talk about which articles of clothing make us the angriest. Last week, this guy in the group was telling us about a bow tie he owns, and he was ... wait a minute: you didn't think I was a *crossdresser* did you? Like putting on women's clothing?!? Ha ha ha!! That's so funny! I can *totally* see why you would have thought that when you saw my e-mail..."

Seriously: I think it would be a mistake to hope it just goes away. I agree that the cat is now officially out of the bag. I think I would let people come to me and ask though, rather than bringing it up. You haven't heard the last of it, I'll bet. But I'd also wager that things are going to work out just fine. Stay cool ...and keep us posted, will you?

Makeup addict!
    That sounds terrifying. I'm an undergrad student and the very thought of being exposed like in front of over 100 people that scares me. I once had a powerpoint presentation to do that was on a flash drive and I checked it repeatedly the night before making sure no photos of me crossdressing were on it

Silver Member
    Just be your self and wear what you want. I assume to one else in class stood up and talked about their sexual orientation or fantisies. Why would you? Don't make up a phony story to hide it. You wanted it out so just accept that all know.

I find that being nice to people and being yourself goes a long way. I wear a lot of silk blouses. It doesn't take the brightest bulb in the class to figure that I'm wearing women's clothes. Sometimes you can see the lines or lace. If my bra strap slips I pull it back. I've been writing and sure that my bra encased boobs were being peeked at.

Time heals all wounds,maybe tomorrow.
    Always look on the bright side of life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It seems as if by happenstance, the universe decided to go with Plan A after all!

If they haven't mentioned anything to you, it is probably because they don't think it's a big deal. They're women, they're young, and you're all in a liberal-minded milieu. They also likely haven't put two and two together.

I wouldn't worry about it, but if anyone has questions down the road I'd respond truthfully. It's likely you'll have many allies.
    Reine

May,you have to turn right on back to your work day and classes,it's just not their business and your private life shouldn't be of concern to them.I would not give it credence and stay focused on the class.Sure right now your still shocked over it, so the true test is to see if you can retain your focus.......try not to make it a disaster in your mind and don't over think it,that will make it hard to move on....remember you never have to fully disclose anything about yourself until you are entirely ready.

Aspiring Member
    As one has said sh*t happens and life goes on. Just be who you are and carry your head high, don't be ashame of who you are. I'm sure they have something in their closets that they are ashame of.

If the topic should come up, just show them your best picture. That usually gets good comments from others not in a relationship with the CDer.
    DonnaT

Hey May, sage words indeed... there are two paths you can go by... I would would ignore and carry on... but it is a potential turning point if you want to be 'out'. There are lots of ways of diffusing the issue... I have used WTF before and got away with stuff... everyone gets spam and things like that. If there are no other 'clues' people just agree with you and it is over. If, however, they think you are CD based on previous experiences, this could be a confirming moment... well to one at least.

So... in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on...

It's choice time... bluff it out or run with it! I would bluff it out, because it gives me choice in the future. There are others here who would disagree and say 'go for it' it is an opportunity...

I can't advise... it really is your call... but whatever... we will be 100% supportive!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Well, I really don't have anything to add that hasn't been said already but this may open new doors for you since it's put you in the place you wanted to be in the first place.....out. Just concentrate on your job and getting through the classes. If anyone asks about it, tell them what you will but most probably won't. Good luck
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    You really do not have to explain yourself to anyone. Some may want to know, others not. Some will judge you, others not. Chalk it up to the experiences of life. It will give you some idea how your cross dressing will be viewed among the general population. Women tend to be more accepting than men of alternative sexual lifestyles. I wouldn't get on a stage and declare your personal life. It may even be after having watched you for over a year, some will realize their preconceptions of a cross dresser are wrong.

I am so sorry that happened to you. I will tell you from experience, it will probably blow over.

I had a co-worker get a hold of pictures of me dressed. He emailed them to all my co-workers and HR.
    HR came in and did an investigation of what they called "inappropriate material in the work place."
    Talk about being outed !!! I almost didn't go back to work the day HR called me. But guess what?
    Within a couple weeks it was old news and today its mostly forgotten. No one treats me any different now than before.
    Again I am sorry this happened, but you will survive, and in time almost nothing will change.
    My best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    Well you could have said it was spam. I think everything will be alright, it ill give the ladies in your class something to talk about tonight but they'll get over it.
    Yes, spam. I get stuff all the time from sites I have no contact with. And by my wife using my email address, I get offers from lots of female oriented stores.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    That's HILARIOUS! Nope, I'm past that point now. I'm all in. It's the endgame for me. I'm just going to go ahead and be me.
    Sounds like you have bought a license to be whoever you want to be. (and wear what you wish) OMG if they were shocked by an e-mail show up in a dress, made up with your toes and fingers painted! Then sit back and grin. They may even expect something like that now any way. Have fun with it. What better way to find your own path than being honest rather than trying to back-track now. I actually find women more accepting than men.

Good outting... uh I mean luck

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon B. View Post
    As one has said sh*t happens and life goes on. Just be who you are and carry your head high, don't be ashame of who you are. I'm sure they have something in their closets that they are ashame of.
    I wouldn't use the word 'ashamed' personally. Sounds like we are all moral maggots. I don't want to grow up to be a fly... too many people out there with fly swatters!

If I may add just 1 of my 2 cents on your "paragon of masculinity"...I'd bet that you embody more traits (character, honesty, inner strength, honor...) that a "man" (for lack of a better term) should posess than the vast majority of "men" around you.

Plus, you're waaaay cuter. (please don't let my shallow attention to your appearance detract from the aforementioned "inner strength" and all that)
    "It is a great thing to know our vices." - Cicero

WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons...you DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Hang in there. They'll come around.... Keep positive!
    Di

Everyone knows and you are still alive - 2 points to the good