Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelsey Grammer and Oprah Discuss Crossdressing "Accusations"

I know, it's a paradox. On the one hand we have the "look but don't touch" approach with suggestive ads, and then we have people who become *shocked* when Representatives tweet pics of their privates to women.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I think the bottom line here is that even if he did (or does) crossdress, it would not be beneficial to his career if he were to actually admit it. That's just the way it is. He's currently very successful, and he needs to look out for his image and his status as an actor that will be sought out by those who would want him in their productions. Admitting to something like crossdressing, like it or not, would probably compromise that. So true or not, he is cautious enough to deny it.
    It doesn't seem to have hurt the careers of John Travolta, Rudy Guiliani, Dennis Rodman or Jim Carrey.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I know, it's a paradox. On the one hand we have the "look but don't touch" approach with suggestive ads, and then we have people who become *shocked* when Representatives tweet pics of their privates to women.
    Off topic: I was in the army I work a blue collar job. I hang out with guys. The sex they talk about is almost always hypothetical sex or fantasy sex: which hot actress they will bed or which hot girl in the bar they'd take home etc. It is almost never about what they did with thier girlfriends or wives, that is private, off limits, not for descussion. Madison Ave. sells fantasy sex while we like to keep real sex private.

On topic: It seems kind of hipocritical to get gossipy or vouyeuristic about a celeb getting outed for CDing. Many of us would not wish this to happen to us it just seems wrong to add to it.

Platinum Member
    On topic - we are a society of hypocrites. I won't bother mentioning the politicians who have gay siblings or children. But what interest does the tabloid element of society have in these people besides the fact that they are gay....none. I'm embarrased as an American, every time I walk through the grocery checkout line...not because John Travolta is gay or Kelsey Grammer may be a CD, but because that is something worthy of devoting to print. I am certain that there are more newsworthy events.

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    You mean you have someone who,s named after a school in England ????....whatever...but its not Kelsey Grammer anymore......its Kelsey Sports College......he will have to change his name.....whoever he is

I thought he handled everything well. Why cant what he enjoys doing in the bedroom as he says be private.

I think he handled it well too... I didn't think anything was out of line... its up to each of us how private or public this should be, and I wouldn't want to talk about my bedroom on TV either...