Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger CDs?

Younger CDs?

just simply as a matter of observation, I'm noticing that a lot of the posters on here seem to edge more towards middle age/seniors. That's not a complaint/judgement (in fact, you ladies look great!) but I'm wondering if I'm an oddity here being in my late twenties. Is the age range a little more bell curvy than I'm sensing? Granted I've only been lurking/posting for about a month or so...

Just curious
    ---
    Danielle Grey
    http://www.facebook.com/graygirl83
    Yahoo: graygirl1983

Well, I'm 31...just turned 31 in June, and while I can honestly say I wanted to CD since I was 10, I'm slowly learning about the subculture now and trying to fully embrace it. Gigantic shoe fetishist, by the way(shrugs), and now that I'm on my own, trying to get my "Krystalina" image together.

Sorry, like to talk a lot, lol.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lots of CDers your age here seek and ye shall find.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalina View Post
    Well, I'm 31...just turned 31 in June, and while I can honestly say I wanted to CD since I was 10, I'm slowly learning about the subculture now and trying to fully embrace it. Gigantic shoe fetishist, by the way(shrugs), and now that I'm on my own, trying to get my "Krystalina" image together.

Sorry, like to talk a lot, lol.
    Then we have a lot in common, I'm only now engaging this part of me now too. And I also talk a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Lots of CDers your age here seek and ye shall find.
    I figured, just wondering aloud. Thanks!
    ---
    Danielle Grey

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    I'm not a senior or middle aged.

The reason why you see so many older CDs is because many younger guys who are crossdressers/transgender are not willing to admit their true nature to themselves or the world. It is a simple fact backed by psychology.
    “What would we be if we were normal? I can't even picture it.” – Sookie Stackhouse

I'm mid-20's. There is a group on here devoted to 18-25 year olds. Many young crossdressers exist on this forum. You don't have to go far to find them. Stick around and you will see.

I really wish that I had had the Internet when I was in my 20s or 30s. It might well have saved decades of thinking that there was nobody else like me!

As far as the median age on the forum, I think that we established it as somewhere in the 50s, but there are definitely a lot of younger folk here. I think that a lot of younger CDers are somewhat more comfortable with themselves and therefore less likely to seek out support.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Allison View Post
    I'm not a senior or middle aged.

The reason why you see so many older CDs is because many younger guys who are crossdressers/transgender are not willing to admit their true nature to themselves or the world. It is a simple fact backed by psychology.
    I guess that's possible. It took me until now to embrace it and I've pretty much known since I was 5

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    I'm mid-20's. There is a group on here devoted to 18-25 year olds. Many young crossdressers exist on this forum. You don't have to go far to find them. Stick around and you will see.
    I plan to! But 18-25? Now I've gone from feeling young to old...

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I really wish that I had had the Internet when I was in my 20s or 30s. It might well have saved decades of thinking that there was nobody else like me!

As far as the median age on the forum, I think that we established it as somewhere in the 50s, but there are definitely a lot of younger folk here. I think that a lot of younger CDers are somewhat more comfortable with themselves and therefore less likely to seek out support.
    Thanks Eryn, that's the kind of info I was looking for.
    ---
    Danielle Grey

Makeup addict!
    I'm younger than you. I'm in my early twenties

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Don't worry there are quite a few girls here in their 20's, but like Eryn posted the majority of members are 40-50+.

And FYI, Candice is 25.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 08-29-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Judging by the 83 at the end of your name, I'd venture to say we are the same age

There are ALL ages on this forum. But you are lucky us OLD TIMERS will understand "bell curvy" hehe

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    There are ALL ages on this forum. But you are lucky us OLD TIMERS will understand "bell curvy" hehe
    haha I was wondering if anyone would catch that...
    ---
    Danielle Grey

Hi there Gray/Girl, Actually there are quite a few younger girls here.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Silver Member
    I started in the trans community when I was 19, almost 16 years ago, and believe me I was a real oddity at the time! I am 35 now, but I was in your position not too long ago, are there any specific questions or concerns you have?

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Gray. I wish there had been a site like this when I was younger. I thought that there was something wrong with me and lived with that for years. Finally after retiring I had the time to look for more information and found this site. It is very refreshing to find that I'm not alone, but it takes time to sort things out after all those years of suppressing who you really are. I've dressed since I was 11 or 12 to some extent. I wish I could have dressed back when I was thin and had a few less wrinkles.
    I'm sure there are other "older" members on here who have down the same path as I.

Hugs,
    Jolene

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I turned 30 earlier this year. I just don't have much free time to post responses as frequently.

I'm about to be 26. I think that over the last few months the number of younger members has increased a little bit but most dont post a whole lot.

You are not alone, I am only 20

I'm 33 (it's your call whether or not you consider that younger), and I certainly feel like I belong with the youth-y crowd. I don't think I would have joined a forum like this until recently though... I suppose parts of me kept hoping that my desire to dress would go away. So I've come to terms with it, and this is where I like to spend some of my online free time.

I would suspect that you see 'more' older posters because there's a larger sample size of older cd'ers who have been able to stop fighting the pink fog and come to peace with it.

(:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I'm 29, soon to be 30!
    I've actually had a presence on the web as Michelle for quite sometime, but I just recently joined this forum. I think there are a lot of young CDs around, but many are still just discovering themselves, whereas the older you get the more willing you are to explore and be open about your lifestyle. And I think the more 'out' you are in real life, the more 'out' you become online too, and that comes with time and age.

I'm 25, and I think Ashley Allison might be on to something. (btw, i like allison/automatic tranny reference)
    When I went to a meeting of my local CD/TG/TS group I noticed i was just about the only one under 30. I guess for many it takes a long time to come to terms with ones own identity, especially if you have a family looking to you to be "masculine and strong".

Platinum Member
    This isn't a random sample. The participation may reflect the fact that the OTA members have opportunities to dress, maybe a degree of progression as we mature, and it also may reflect the likelihood that we have more time to spend on the computer than some younger CDrs.

But I've been impressed by the number of younger CDrs I've hre met in recent months.

In a few days i''ll turn 32...

26 here, only been able to find a few younger people... problem is 26+ is "too old" to be considered a "young crossdresser."