Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didn't know painted nails felt like that...

I didn't know painted nails felt like that...

So about a month ago, I came out to my friend, her instant and total acceptance blew me away. About 2 weeks ago she accepted me again, as a boyfriend. Last night, I asked her to give me a pedicure. Of course, she agreed, and got out her box of nail polishes, and we selected a color and she got to work. Now my nails are a nice orangey bronze, with an overlay of faint sparkles. It's quite a kick to look down and see my nails look so neat, especially as one reason I asked was to cover up a couple of bruised nails from kicking something.

But i hadn't realised I would be able to feel the polish on the nails! The nails feel distinctly stiffer! Do the rest of you that paint notice this?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

For me a lot of this is about the 'feeling'... yes I love the feeling of painted nails... my wife doesn't! Strange old world!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I also like feeling of painted nails specially if color is new than I have same feeling as the nails are different.
    I don't wont to hurt anybody. I just wont to enjoy a life.

Yes, I also like that feeling. I keep my toenails painted and it takes a little while to get used to the feeling whenever I take the polish off for a while. I paint my fingernails on the weekenfs, and the feeling is part of the appeal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I never would have guessed it before I tried it. The smooth surface is also an attraction and I find myself rubbing the painted nail, amazed it feels so good to the touch.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Nope, I can't say that I "feel" the nail polish. However, every time I sit on the throne in the morning or take a shower and get a glimpse of my painted toes, a nice smile comes across my face. Congrats on the pedicure and super congrats for the accepting girlfriend.

I have not experienced the pedicure, but I have kept my fingernails covered with acrylics for extended periods of time. Since I no longer have a job there is no worries about bosses and co workers. But keeping the acrylics on will do the same thing to a person. Every time you look at the hands they are there and it feels wonderful.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wait until u try out nail polish, UD. And, FEEL the need to get it all off! I remember what I felt while looking at the red that wouldn't come out of all the cracks in mine! PANIC!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well Doc, I just have no need to "get it off fast" like some others here. Besides I can always just cover it with shoes I still have the sort of shoes that will do that for me.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Dont Conform to what others want you to do , Take it off ? For what ? Maybe change the color ,,, I had Black on mine ,, Wife said ya better take that off ,,You got to have surgery tomorrow ? I said to Hell with that ,,It wont all come off any how ,, An the only thing was said when I woke up the nurse said ,,, You have Bat -Man toes ,,,LOL,,, No one cares trust me ,, Take it off ,,,, Bull Honky ,,, Let um look there just jellous anyway ,,, Tell um your a Rock Star ... Works everytime
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    I have only done my fingernails a few times, and it feels like my fingers can't breathe. It looks wonderful, though!
    I've also had my toes painted for several years. I live in Florida, and wear flip flops regularly. You know what? No one has ever said a thing! Last week I started shaving my legs in their entirety, so we'll see if anyone notices. I'm guessing if anyone does notice, they won't say anything about that either. People are really a lot less observant than we tend to give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Wait until u try out nail polish, UD. And, FEEL the need to get it all off! I remember what I felt while looking at the red that wouldn't come out of all the cracks in mine! PANIC!
    Nah, if i do paint the fingernails, I won't take it off for work, let 'em think what they want. If my GF likes it, then that's good enough for me. I'm seriously tempted....I was going to take a shower at work this afternoon, which would have meant a fairly high probabibility of the toes beiing seen. Didn't in the end, because the ride home would have just made it pointless.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by 27th Jennifer View Post
    I have only done my fingernails a few times, and it feels like my fingers can't breathe. It looks wonderful, though!
    I've also had my toes painted for several years. I live in Florida, and wear flip flops regularly. You know what? No one has ever said a thing! Last week I started shaving my legs in their entirety, so we'll see if anyone notices. I'm guessing if anyone does notice, they won't say anything about that either. People are really a lot less observant than we tend to give them credit for.
    If you are around friends or acquaintances and they don't comment, then most likely they don't notice. On the other hand if you are around strangers, if they notice they know better than to comment just as they don't comment to the guy or girl that is totally covered in tattoos - basically it is none of their business and doesn't affect them.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

That's one of the most wonderful things about CD'ing - it's filled with "Oooh, I didn't know _____ felt like that!" moments....
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I've always loved painted nails! i have complained that my nails seem to hurt if I go long peorids without nail polish! Weird but true!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I didn't realize there was a "feeling" with painted nails. I have rock hard nails and can't bend them at all. Hehe maybe that has something to do with my ignorance...
    “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
    ― Charles Darwin

I've had color on my toes for so many years now that I had totally forgotten you can feel it the first time. I don't notice it anymore except when I see it!

About three or four times a year, I have all the acrylic stripped off my fingernails and get them re-done from scratch. There is definitely a sensation after that -- the nails relax and change shape a bit when old coating is removed, so they can actually ache a little for a couple of days afterward.

- Diane

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I never have felt a difference. Just the looking down and seeing the nails painted is a sensation all it's own. The reason is my toes are seldom painted and it's one of those things that I don't want to get to familiar with so that the sensation I get is always there when they are painted. Does that make sense to anyone?
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

For a fast, fairly clean removal, of nail polish, you should tart with a light clear coat, follow with your color of choice and a clear on top. It comes off fairly fast, clean, and no stained nail. Then again a pair of socks work too

As for "the feel" My nails feel no different paint or not but I like how cute my toes look when polished.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I don't notice it on my toe nails, (now a nice pillar box red, my absolute favourite) but I definately can feel it when I paint my finger nails. Can't stop looking at them lol.
    I keep my toes painted but have to clean off my fingers. I too make sure I put a clear coat first then two layers of colour followed by clear top coat. I'm in a state of flux with my toe nails, i hate the feeling of longer toe nails but love the look when they're painted. Only thing I have trouble with is my big toe. it's huUUUGGEE so feel like I'm painting the fence, ends up lumpy and looks rubbish. Have tried the line down the middle then either side but still looks rubbish. Only good attempt I made was with glitter polish, looked fantastic but by god it took forever to get off. Blow torch anyone ?
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Yes I too like the feeling of painted toenails, I also paint my fingernails in clear varnish all the time while at work nobody notices except a woman driver who have recently told about my CDing and she is fine with that.

Platinum Member
    I love the feel of rubbing my fingers over my painted nails just knowing that are painted.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yes, the same realization occurred for me as well. Who would have thought you would feel the polish on your nails, I love it. It is such a little thing but really adds such a sense of femininity for me.

Yes, feel, even color on them makes ALL the difference.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

girly girl
    It's one of those things you'd never know until you tried it. Ain't it great? A similar discovery for me was the first time I was outside with my hair down while wearing lip gloss- wow does the hair stick to your lips...