Thread: People self-medding supposedly have a higher chance of developing misshapen boobs?

People self-medding supposedly have a higher chance of developing misshapen boobs?

When I had my first appointment at the GIC, the doctor I had said that there had recently been a study that showed people self-medding had a higher chance of developing misshapen boobs than those who had their hormone levels monitored.
    Something to do with the levels of estrogen causing premature cessation of breast growth in the self-medders.
    I can't find this study though, has anyone seen it?
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I am most definitely against self meds .... but me thinks that doc is waxing rather poetic. The affects are the affects... the main reason for the watchful eye of a doc is the bad problems, not the growth !!
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Banned Read only
    I cannot find the study - can you get the literature citation from your doc? I would love to read it

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    I cannot find the study - can you get the literature citation from your doc? I would love to read it
    Yeah, Id like to read it too, thats why I made this topic. But the GIC is a pretty busy place and Id feel like I was wasting their time by asking for this study, but I think I may have to.

Silver Member
    Hmmm. Some doctors just make stuff up. Really. I have heard some incredible things said in all seriousness.

S

Banned Read only
    I am quite skeptical. TS people are very difficult to study because we are few in number, and breast shape determination is highly subjective

Doubtful. Since the hormones are distributed evenly throughout the body having something grow misshapen would be about as likely as it would be in a normally developing person. Of course one breast is always smaller than the other (slightly). Maybe he needs to say something more like "Self medicating people have a higher incidence of bleeding, cancer, heart attack" At least then there would be studies specific to female hormones that could back that up. Fear can be a strong deterrent in many cases though.

BTW don't self medicate.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Reminds me of when my Mom told me if I crossed my eyes would they'd stay that way.

But self medicating is bad. And drugs. Don't do drugs either.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    Reminds me of when my Mom told me if I crossed my eyes would they'd stay that way.

But self medicating is bad. And drugs. Don't do drugs either.
    And remember to always look both ways when crossing the street!