Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys with no shirts

I know what u mean my X and I were celebrating our daughters 11th BD and won't you know it her current BF shows up w/o a shirt now we have been apart a long time so when I say he was low class it had nothing to do with dating my X I actually like him generally but hey it's a BD Party put a shirt on

Banned Read only
    Well it's the signs of the times and the new generation. They have to go for the not so norm of modern day society. So just like my parent used to say back in my glory and cool days, and Jackie Gleason in Smokey and the Bandit, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"what's the World,,,comin' to???

Silver Member
    Oh, you guys can take off your shirts any time you want around me. It's just eye candy in my opinion. Yum, yum.

S

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    It just sounds like one of those fads that we hope will go away sooner rather than later. Ignore it if you can.
    Unfortunately for me it is redneck casual wear here in the South and Stacy you know this to be true. However, the reason that it is done so much here along the gulf coast is because it is so hot you cannot get cool outside any other way. However when you reach the age of 55 and above you need to stay in the house under the air conditioner and let you wife or SO enjoy your manly physique. We have a person here about that age and he insists on getting out and walking around the neighborhood and everyone tries to go the other way so they don't have to talk to this person. I am not Mr Muscle myself and I don't think I would take off my shirt to even go swimming. I don't want to be the one that traumatizes women and children. Have you ever watched COPS on TV? You can guess which person is going to jail. He's the one with no shirt on. My dad thought that long hair and Beatle boots were going to be the down fall of the world but as time went on the fashion moved on with it. Someday (soon I hope) this to will pass and the generation that wear the fashion now will not totally understand the nest fashion. So is the world we live in. Hugs to all!!
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Mainly its the shirt off thing I wonder about.My ex's Nephew did it a lot and he told me the chicks dig it when you show off your abs......
    Yup, that's precisely what it's about. Attracting females.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    ..........I replied ok I can see that but why you you have no abs?
    Egos?

ego.jpeg
    Reine

ewww. sagging pants....My daughters friends used to come over big ol baggy shirts and the baggy pants to go with it...with their flags(boxers) showing ....I told those boys next time you come over pants must be up where they belong or i'm gonna pants ya! Needless to say only had to pants one of em to get my point across....
    To thine ownself be true.
    Put out into the universe what you would like to receive in return, because it comes back like a boomerange in 3 fold!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    [QUOTE=ReineD;2945171]Yup, that's precisely what it's about. Attracting females.

Egos?

Reine you have a wonderful sense of humor LMAO!!
    Priceless Lady Panda!!!

My 2 neighbors are always doing yard work without shirts. The one is out of shape and very hairy. The other is stocky. I think they both should be wearing shirts. But that's just my opinion.

Lexi

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    I guess it's just like any other clothing fad. When I was in high school in the '60s, it was considered cool for guys to wear pegged pants, engineer boots with horseshoe cleats, shirts with two top buttons unbuttoned, and the collar raised up around the neck, and the hair slicked back into a duck tail. The coolest of the cool walked around that way but also had a cigaertte behind their ear and a toothpick between the teeth. That fad was called the James Dean look..

So, you're saying you knew me in high school?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Oh, you guys can take off your shirts any time you want around me. It's just eye candy in my opinion. Yum, yum.
    You obviously haven't seen me shirtless Stephenie!

The only thing worse than shirtless males is dirty track pants being pulled down by a wallet the size of a half brick.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    The only thing worse than shirtless males is dirty track pants being pulled down by a wallet the size of a half brick.
    Oh yeah that too Ewwww.

I am not offended by guys going around shirtless if they have the build for it and they are shirtless in appropriate places such as a beach, park or their own back yard, But the stores have it right with the sign that says: " NO SHIRT... NO SHOES... NO SERVICE

How about women that are way out of shape and wear skin tight jeans or shorts with a muffin tol that exceeds their waste size and she is wearing a crop top with a bare belly showing. It's in just as poor of taste as the shirtless, droopy drawers, underwear showing guys.
    Last edited by BRANDYJ; 09-03-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Guys who go around shirtless are a big turn off. YUCK !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

It is a type of bro-mance. Beer. Sports. High fives. Platonic expresseion of latent desire.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Get those Moobs an put um away to,,,,LOL,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Yup, that's precisely what it's about. Attracting females.

Egos?

ego.jpeg
    THAT is exactly what I'm talking about!

I don't get it either Tracii but I think this is what it's about. I spend a lot of time on the bike trails and I see these guys, moobs, pot bellies, and comb overs jogging topless and I want to scream "Put it ON man, put it ON!"
    Debby

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    The only time I go shirtless is in my own house. With regards to pants falling down, I don't try to, but in my line of work, I'm up and down 100 times a day, and I can't spend every time making sure my pants are around my waist. Yes I wear a belt, but even that doesn't help sometimes, as I sometimes can drop 10lbs in a week depending on the weather.

I think there is a time and a place for shirtless, mowing the lawn in summer, on the beach, playing sports in a park, those kind of situations wouldn't bother me. Walking along a busy high street then in and out of shops or eateries is just wrong.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    I think there is a time and a place for shirtless, mowing the lawn in summer, on the beach, playing sports in a park, those kind of situations wouldn't bother me. Walking along a busy high street then in and out of shops or eateries is just wrong.
    I agree with you Becky. I had hoped my last post didn't offend anyone. Like you said there is a time and place for things like that. But with me being an older person, though, I do find it somewhat offensive when I see guys shirtless and holding up there pants from falling down, while they care not how far up their nasty boxer drawers ride up. Or how those types will purposely lift the backs of their shirts accidentally on purpose just to show their bunched up boxers pulled way up. I know it the fad, but hell it's been going on for 20 plus years now.
    But my bottom line, is oh well, live an let live

Personally, I try to go shirtless when I am outside cutting grass or such as to avoid the dreaded "farmers tan". It absolutely ruins any outfit I may want to wear afterwards I wear sweats to not get the same reaction on my legs. Last summer I got a tan on them that looked like I was wearing footless Pantyhose for months on end and I got asked too many times to want to do it again. Not that I found it to be a bad thing but I hate repeating myself that many times lol

On another note, Yeah the baggy boxers hanging over the top of their pants is a horrible look, so is a person covered in Tats IMO, but in the end they are wearing hat they want and they don't care what anyone thinks. That's where we should be frame of mind wise. I am hoping the next fad is men in pantyhose and maybe they can break down that wall for me
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!