Thread: The Anti-Purge

The Anti-Purge

Phew! I just got back from a shopping explosion, and I'm not exactly sure what just happened.

As I've mentioned in a couple of other posts, I'm in the process of transitioning out of a long-term relationship. My girlfirend-turned-roomate and I are still cohabitating (pending my closing on a town home early next week; keep your fingers crossed for me). She left town this weekend to hang with some friends over the holiday.

I went out to run some errands today, starting at Target to pick up a prescription. I looked at some furniture there, then drifted into the womens' section, just idly seeing what was on clearance.

Three hours later I'm walking out of Nordstrom Rack with a bag with two sweater dresses and a pair of flourescent pink Steve Madden pumps. I put it in my trunk ...along with five bags that already there from Target, Payless Shoes, and Walmart.

After years with my collection sealed away in boxes in the garage attic as I traded this all in for a relationship, the wind seems to have shifted. No longer obliged to the relationship, and with no watching eyes around, I seem to have busted loose in style (pun *possibly* intended).

It's been a long time since I let myself get wrapped up the the Pink Fog. It kind of took my by surprise: a pink fog bank so thick that it took me a few of hours before I spotted a pink lighthouse and navigated back out of it. (I wonder what a pink foghorn would sound like...)

Anyway, we've had a few threads talking about purging fairly recently, so I thought I'd let you all know that as of today I've done my share to balance the cosmos (and possibly the economy) by indulging in a *major* binge. Felt good; I deserved it. I can't wait to get these things into their new home, introduce them to their imprisoned sisters, play fashion show for as long as I feel like, then give them all a place to proudly be stored.
    Last edited by Silmaril; 09-02-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Thats awesome!!!! Go for it

Blue Moon ! Second Full moon of the month . An the pink fog horn sounds like this --- Toot,,,Toot,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

You gotta love the Madden pumps as the cherry on top of the pink sundae. That's a great day of shopping.

You're luckier than me if you think the fog has subsided. I have never had it last less than 48 hours.

An anti purge is always a positive step.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    So you went shopping where??? so I know where to move my stock..

good for you girl, its sad that one thing ends while another comes to life..we all been there, done that. Hope you and her can be friends...only time will tell..but I'm happy that you can shop for you..and be you...enjoy it all...

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Anti-Purge is always fun, Enjoy your new purchases and good luck with you new home.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Spend you money wisely, find your style not your fantasy

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    I did my part for the economy and for the Internet last night. I'm rebuilding my wardrobe, as well, but I am starting with year-round and Fall basics. Say hello to kohls.com. Between a merchandise credit I had and their 20% off sale, I got a lot of basics last night. And all it took was a nudge from my SO. I won't bore you with the details other than the fact I got this cute plum-colored peacoat for those brisk days on Cape Cod (for our trip in October), not to mention an open-front cardigan, and a lot of neutral-colored blah-blah-blah.

And then the Kohl's cash. It looks like one or both of us will be invading Kohl's again next week.

And a LBD from eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400318129567

And now...shoes.

Sirena
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Platinum Member
    Hi Silmaril, It sounds like that you got a big dose of the pink fog.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!