Thread: Who do you see in the mirror?

Who do you see in the mirror?

I find that I go back and forth, especially when I look closely. Sometimes when I am Tiffany, I look deeply in the mirror and I see my male side or at least I am not femme enough. Other times when I am in drab, I study the mirror and see if I can identify my female side. Am I the only one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think you are alone on this! But that lady I see in your mirror is pretty! However I think a bigger smile on her face would make her beautiful!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

you certainly are not alone with that. I think the thing that a lot of us seem to forget is that we have both sides to us. There is a femm side and a masculine side. They are both part of us. That is just who we are.

I can't speak for everyone, and I know that some of us want to transition. However, I am ok with seeing both sides of me in the mirror. That is who I am.

As for my look, it just depends on what side I want to look more like. When I am feeling more femm I'll dress up. It all depends on what I am feeling. I'm pretty sure that is the same for a lot of us.

The woman I see in your mirror looks beautiful. I love how your hair frames your face. You look very feminine.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

I know that feeling well Tiff. I look better in the mirror then in any pics.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    Mirror, mirror on the wall..... you liar! I am the cutest one at the ball!

Tiff, you will find that mirrors can be your worst enemy. Do not worry about what the mirror tells you and just be you. A few thousand dollars and what the mirror thinks can be history.

I can beryl look in a mirror when I'm in boy mode when I do I try not to think about it. I don't like what I see then.
    Now on girl I can't walk past one with out a glance. Oh and I never see a guy ether me or the uglyer me.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Silver Member
    I always see me. If I am in make up, I usually am admiring my transformation, as well as being critical of my eye liner or blush. I am always very happy. If I see myself in male mode, I am usually shaving, brushing my teeth or washing my hands. I like that me, too. I do think I am happier with my make up.

Ah, lady mirror, you fickle mistress. Sometimes if she's in a kind and giving mood she will show me what i want to see, other times she'll observe my hour long makeup session and punish my vanity with the ghost of my male self, those are the most depressing days of all. All i can take from it is that she will always remind me, that owing to not being full time at work yet, i still have a male life to lead for at least 40 hours a week, even if i feel that life is a sham, i still have that side to me for now. So i really don't think you're alone, i sometimes study the mirror before work for the female signs, just for a glimpse, but more often than not, male me avoids the mirror like the plague.

x Flic x

I see Amanda looking back at me. I do not see a guy anymore. Even when not dressed as Amanda.
    Amanda

When I'm getting ready I see beyond the mirror really as I'm concentrating on the art form. Once the two final things go on, wig and lipstick, I definitely see Kate looking back at me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sometimes the girl I see is more attractive than when I have been in a hurry.
    Moral is go slow and make up well all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I look into the mirror I see Marilyn Monroe, when I look into the mirror with my glasses on I see
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 09-03-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

We are all too critical and see flaws when we view that mirror image, but then that makes us just like all other women in the world. Everyone has a feature that they would love to change to be prettier, have a smaller nose, higher cheek bones, a smaller waist, bigger breasts, smaller or larger hips and so on.
    What I see is the woman that has always been inside me, hidden no longer and finally able to say "Hey world, here I am".
    Yes, I have flaws...but that makes me just like everyone else.....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't look in the mirror; I look outwards, and see the outfit, and wig, that I'm wearing. I really do imagine myself to look the way I would like to look. Why ruin it with reality?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    When I'm getting ready I see beyond the mirror really as I'm concentrating on the art form. Once the two final things go on, wig and lipstick, I definitely see Kate looking back at me.

This struck a chord. That moment inbetween is always fascinating. Fully made up but just before the wig. Sometimes that is I moment I want to hold onto, sometimes I can't get the wig on fast enough to complete the transformation.

I was backed up to my Mirror just awhile ago looking at my bottom section ,, An ya know what I saw ? A big RASH ,,, Does anyone have some Cream ? An could someone blow on it if it burns ? THANX ,, Dam ol bike seat working on me ! OUCH !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

This is really interesting to me, Tiffany, because I find that I have different looks as well, whether I am "en femme" or not.

What I see in the mirror is more a state of mind, ie: how I am feeling at that moment. It may feel more male or more female or even equal, no matter what I wear.

The amazing thing for me is that the mirror is a great tool to soften my appearance. I can calm myself and soothe myself and move to a more gentle mindset, especially after experiencing a stressful day. I can see how my eyes soften, my expression becomes more relaxed and calmer and happier, and I appear more feminine, at least to myself.

I can do that in male mode as well, but I really prefer seeing Monica made up a bit in order to really feel feminine. A positive attitude and a little make up can go a long way to brighten up my face give me the femme look I want.

So, you are definetely not the only one.
    Monica

My mirror is contrary. When I wish to look female, all I can see is my beard shadow; when I'm shaving to go to work in man mode, I start thinking 'You are looking far too ambiguous these days.'