Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking nice

Looking nice

Many of us who go out fully en femme strive to look nice. Why is that? Do we want to do it because we are consciously or subconsciously wanting to attract the attention of guys or is it a more basic need such as self satisfaction or wanting to feel good? I mostly want to look nice because when I go out to the club I like to enjoy dancing all night en femme and get positive feedback through myself when I do that. Just curious as to why others like looking nice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Really? is it all about you???? ok, I'm teasing a bit..but when you dance and yes, look in the mirrors (if provided), do you really see you as you want to be???? I understand that you feel great about how you look, but many (some?) go out to see how they stand next to the other girls/gurls... vanity? yes.. whether to attract a guy or that lesbian..lol.. or just anyone.. we do it to feel good.. but as many of us know.. vanity is not on our side as we know who we are.. so we are cautious, but love it no matter..

Who doesn't want to be told they are sexy? woman or man..

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I don't go out at all, but for me dressing is all about self satisfaction and wanting to feel good. No one will ever see me, well maybe my wife.....
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just want to look good. Vanity?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Think about it ,, Ya dont put on a half a Halloween Costume ? Many chix that cant dress daily go Full Bore when they get the chance ,, Bottled up an pent up aggresion let it flow ,,Yull find your way ,,There is no right answer ,, All of us are not the same an will never be ,,Some gay,,Some strait ,,Some dont even know ? Some dont want to know . So if you feel good you should go with what makes you feel good . Thats why there are a million different kinds of Drinks ,,, We all want something different .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I just want to be the best I can. It doesn't translate to a particular style of dress as no matter what I'm wearing I like to look good. I never would go out dressed sloppily, it's just not me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If I go out dressed as a man I want to look good too!

I've wondered about that myself.

When I was working, I went from simply wanting to "pass" to dressing appropriately for the office environment to occasionally feeling that I wanted to attract some attention.
    Author of Being Kay / A Transgender Journey

To me its all about the inner woman. I enjoy looking and feeling good about myself. It helps me health wise by watching my diet and exercising. Fitting into a smaller dress size is always a good incentive. If guys are attracted to me because of this that is secondary and just a by product of the effort and expense it takes.

Michelle

It is totally conscious in my case. I want to be noticed without being gaudy or over the top. As to male or female...either one is OK. Harder to impress a female though. I am not looking for the "OMG did she not have a mirror?" look. I want the "My you look nice tonight. I like your (skirt/top/necklace)" comments. When I don't want notice...I stay home
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I try to look "nice" in female or male mode. At least out in public when I'm not working on the house or car or mowing the lawn. Nobody likes or respects a slob.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I am always shooting for a look that makes me feel comfortable and good looking with being attractive an added bonus. I personally want to dress completely and look as good as I can, because that is how I am. If I try to build something, I want to do the best job possible given the tools that I have or can get. I want to do a job for work or someone as best possible. That is me. A very good friend of mine told me something that I like about this. Michelle said "When I walk into a room, restaurant or bar, I want to be noticed as an attractive well dressed woman". So do I!

Now, once dressed and after a final look in the mirror, in the bathroom at home or in the car after a finishing touches pause in a nearby parking lot, the only time I worry about what I look like is when I am using the Ladies room. There I will brush out my hair and touch up my lipstick. After one more check to make sure that my skirt is not tucked into my undergarments and that I have no toilet paper stuck to my shoes, it is out the door back into the real world again to talk to whomever.

I want to look sexy.

It is not normally expected for guys to look sexy, at least, not in the manner I mean. Hence, part of the reason I want to dress feminine.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I like looking and feeling sexy. Hearing it even more so. I chat with peps on yahoo and such mostly males. I'm not looking for males but it's all that will chat with me. "I'm not gay If I was I'd be a lesben" but have someone telling me that I'm sexy feels good. I just wish I could go out dressed up and preaty as can be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vanessa Ann

Quite simply: there's a self-fulfillment factor that comes with looking good and that can't be otherwise obtained. I do it in man mode and Misty mode. Oh, and it's all about me . . .

Question. Why do we want to look nice?
    Answer. We are involved in the game of attraction. By polishing our look we are experiencing the psychology of being desired. We are also stimulated by the signals we are attracted too.

The preset society standards for desireability are good skin. Slim figure long helthy hair. Etc. symbols of health and vitality.
    Secretly we want to what all pretty girls want. To be treated like. Princess. To be loved worshipped taken care of.

Silver Member
    For the hetero dresser, probably self satisfaction and wanting to feel good, I know this is the case for me. I am not what most would considered physically attractive, but people do tell me I dress nicely and I appreciate that, it lets me know I am doing a good job.

Hi,

Wasnt going to respond to this then i saw ...attract or attention. ooops , no i dont , yet really i do by the mear fact of going out any where , do i dress nicely yes of cause yet not to gain or for attention .

my other clothes i wear do that because they are peroid clothes or garb.& do they grab attention oh yes lots, manly because people dont expect to see us dressed this way so its very different .

The thing is you accept many people will look at you its just a part of what its about we sure dont hide away. thats for sure,

...noeleena...

I think we all like to look nice for a few reasons

Yes we all want to look the best we can

Self satifaction maybe one or being able to blend in with the general public
    For some attraction could well be the idea

Personally I want to think that when someone notices I am not female, they will have at least noticed I have made an effort to be the best I can be ( depending on the situation eg supermarket shopping or clubbing)
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I do notice that when en femme, I find myself primping and preening more. It seems natural and must be a built in response to being out there in the mating game.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I just want to look presentable...ie, look as good as I can, because I think that if I make the effort, I'll blend in more effectively.

I don't dress to pick up guys, but I do try to look as nice as I can to make me feel good. I have a decent wardrobe (not excessive, but with some variety) and yet I always seem to fall back on certain items that I think I look good in and am comfortable in. Of course where I'm headed also determines what I wear, I try to be one of the nicer dressed but not way overdressed.
    Basically what I'm trying to say is that I dress for me and no one else.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate , Even though I don't go out yet I still want to look as feminine as posible.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Many of us who go out fully en femme strive to look nice. Why is that?
    Easiest way I know of to be out and only attract the attention that I want -- and not the kind I don't. In other words, I just want to look female.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

I just really try to look the very best that I can for my own satisfaction. I almost always try to blend in with the folks that will be where I am going. Like to a club maybe a little more risque and out shopping more subdued but maybe a pinch better dressed than the average shopper. And then there is the old problem "what to wear what to wear" and then the trying on and looking in the mirror and makeing the decision. I am going out tomorrow and haven't totally decided what to wear yet and I know it will be a last minute decision.