Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch with my wife.....

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar

Lunch with my wife.....

As some of you may know my wife is very supportive of my need to be Daphne always giving me the space I need but not wanting to participate.

You also may know that she is suffering from brain cancer. Having had recent surgery and a round of chemotherapy and radiation.

Well she surprised me today, after many years of support but not participation, she said today that on Wednesday after the boys go off to school, she would like to spend the day with me as Daphne.

We are going to have a casual lunch at home and then watch a movie! I was stunned and you could have knocked me over with a feather!

I am of course excited and even a little nervous. Tonight she even did my toes (after I did hers) and helped me pick out a wig and outfit for our lunch.

I don't know if having a potentially terminal illness has something to do with it or not. If it does to be honest I would rather have her healthy. Interestingly though this date will happen on the eve of her first post chemo/radiation mri. A day where we will potentially receive the worst/best news of our lives.

I just hope I meet her expectations and we have a nice lunch. I want her to be happy and have as much fun with this as she possibly can.
    Living the life I choose!

Good luck on your wife's mri. She will be in my prayers. I'm also glad you two are having lunch and I hope that goes well too.
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

Have a great time with your Wife. My thoughts and prayers will be be with you both.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Enjoy the lunch with your wife, and you and your wife are in my prayers also.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Wow, regardless of the why's and whatfor's, just accept it and enjoy it....both of you.

And by the by, after too damn many experiences with family, friends and cancer, both good and bad that was a very powerful op to read, Bless you both and best wishes.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I will pray for your wife and your family. Make sure you give your wife a big hug too!!!
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Unfortunately dealing with our mortality helps us put things in perspective. We want to see our loved ones happy.

I'm not a religious person and I do not pray. But I will pray for your wife.

All the best for your wife and you on this journey. Having been through the brain cancer thing with my wife, you both deserve to enjoy life while possible. I hope that it will be another 30-40 years. You love the person, not the exterior.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Your story brought tears to my eyes! Treat her like the diamond she is! Make sure this ''lunch'' is more then she could even think of imagening! Yours truley With hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My, what a heart grabbing story. Enjoy your time together. You and your family are in our prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaChic View Post
    Unfortunately dealing with our mortality helps us put things in perspective. We want to see our loved ones happy.
    This is when my wife came around. I hope the best for for her and you.

Daphne I hope you get good news about your wife. Have a fun lunch date and have quality girl time!

I pray for the best for you both....

Sometimes an illness can make people rethink what is truly important and let them ignore the insignificant. It would seem that your wife has done that and just wants to share EVERYTHING with the one she loves.
    Make her happy and make her feel loved at all times...she's special.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Enjoy your lunch. Prayers for both of you.
    Blessings,
    Jennifer
    Girl-N-Hose! Heels 2

Daphne, my freind I hope your lunch is magical. Perhaps a new chapter in your marriage will begin.

Let me wish you and your wife the very best. Our need to dress is miniscule compared to what you wife is facing, yet she loves you enough to give love back with a simple memorable lunch. I'm touched.

I will keep you both in prayer

i have a feeling your going to make that a wonderful day for her.

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    Interestingly though this date will happen on the eve of her first post chemo/radiation mri. A day where we will potentially receive the worst/best news of our lives.

I just hope I meet her expectations and we have a nice lunch. I want her to be happy and have as much fun with this as she possibly can.
    I know this will be fun for you, but if she has not wanted to participate before, do you think she suggested this because she wants to have fun? I'm wondering if she is feeling her mortality and if she is not being conciliatory. I don't know her or you, but I would dig a little deeper as to her motives. You don't want her to believe that you can think of nothing other than the CDing on the eve of potentially receiving bad news about her health.

But, if she did have a true change of heart and she now thinks the CDing is fun, then I hope that you both enjoy!

Also, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her prognosis.
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do hope all goes well for both of you.On the lunch date and her MRI.

Daphne, the important thing is your wife's health and I wish her the best. You said you would rather have her healthy and that's how I would feel about my wife. I would just let her guide you on the dressing for now and focus everything on her health and recovery. Dressing can come later.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Wishing you the best and I hope that the news is good

Platinum Member
    Hi Daphne, It's hard to put into words the right thing to say lets just hope that all goes well.

Please do keep us advised on how your lunch date goes.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 09-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Thank you all so much for the prayers and well wishes! They mean a great deal to me and to her. Indeed she is an amazing woman. She told me today that she realized since all of this has happened that I haven't had the normal freedom to express myself. She want's to do this for me. The truth is I am not sure if I should do it. It would be the first time other than in passing she has seen me as Daphne. However when I say she is amazingly supportive. Today she helped me reorganize my closet, we went to lunch and did some shopping at the mall. She gets worn out so very quickly and she was sorry that I couldn't find an outfit before she was so tired we had to leave.

Renie brings up a very good point. my fear is that I am taking advantage of her in some way emotionally. She says no she wants to do something nice for me because I have given up so much to take care of her. I understand where she is coming from, I am just not sure if it is the right decision.
    Living the life I choose!

Well, I got here a little late, but I sure hope that lunch and movie exceed her expectations And I,too, shall add her to my prayers. I do pray it's good news.

Leah