Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lunch with my wife.....

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    All the best for your wife and you on this journey. Having been through the brain cancer thing with my wife, you both deserve to enjoy life while possible. I hope that it will be another 30-40 years. You love the person, not the exterior.
    Thank you so much Lorileah, this means a great deal to me. I wish I had the words to express what is in my head and heart right now.
    Living the life I choose!

Daphne I don't think you should feel guilty, it sounds like unconditional love to me. Sending prayers for your wife, I hope everything turns out well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    She told me today that she realized since all of this has happened that I haven't had the normal freedom to express myself. She want's to do this for me. The truth is I am not sure if I should do it.

Renie brings up a very good point. my fear is that I am taking advantage of her in some way emotionally. She says no she wants to do something nice for me because I have given up so much to take care of her. I understand where she is coming from, I am just not sure if it is the right decision.
    Yes, you should absolutely do it! Earlier I had suggested that you dig a little deeper into her motives, you have, and now you know that she wants to do it for all the right reasons!

So both of you should have a great time and again, I'm sending all the positive thoughts I can muster your way for the results of the MRI.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Prayer are with you and your wife. Sometimes having a serious life crisis makes us all realize "Don't sweat the small stuff!"

I wish you and your wife the very best. Cancer is a scary thing. I watched and held my wife's hand through her breast cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

As for your decision to go out with her dressed or not, I don't have an answer for you. I understand your trepidation, I think in your shoes I would feel much the same way. Still, it may help her knowing she has gotten to do 'something' nice for you. In that way, making her feel better while bringing you two closer together. Either way you decide, I wish you the best news about your wife's MRI.

Hi Daphne,

It saddens me to hear of your wife's health news, and hope to hear about a great outcome for her. From your post, she seems to want to connect with you without conditions that prevent active participation and involvement. While Daphne gets to make a new friend, make sure the absolute appreciation of your wife's selflessness is the theme of your time with her.

Prayers and best wishes,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

........ my fear is that I am taking advantage of her in some way emotionally...... I am just not sure if it is the right decision.
    I learned long ago that turning down gifts and favors from parents, wives, friends is a bad idea. They are adults and they want to do things for their friends/spouces. Let her do this for you, it will make her feel good.
    Sally

Daphne...I hope that your wife does well, it is the most important thing - as you said, you would much rather have her healthy than anything else. On the flip side, I'm sure that you are going to be nervous on Wednesday, and she is showing her true love and understanding to you and wants to share in your dual personality. This is a wonderful thing, and try to make the best of the day, having lunch, and just a good time with her. Don't forget to give her that special hug, and if you feel uncomfortable, take a deep breath, and just strut forward....

Daphine

My thoughts are with you both as we all hope for good news

Please give her a from all of us
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'm praying for your wife, and you should definitely do it and cherish this time with her! Have a great time

WOW! Best wishes to you both for a wonderful time. You are one lucky CD'r to have such a wonderful wife. Best wishes,Di

I hope all goes well for you and it is with mixed feelings I hope it all turns out well for both of you. Above all make your wife happy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What mixed emotions this turn of events must bring. I wish you and your wife the best of everything and I will keep you both in my prayers.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diversity View Post
    WOW! Best wishes to you both for a wonderful time. You are one lucky CD'r to have such a wonderful wife. Best wishes,Di
    Thank you Di, I am a very lucky person indeed I am married to a wonderful woman. I would rather she wasn't suffering from brain cancer. I would gladly give up her acceptance for her health.

Having said that, Lunch was wonderful for both of us. We laughed and cried a little and came a little closer together. Turns out she likes me as Daphne and was very impressed with how I look and carry myself. She said "I can understand why so many people like you this way" I asked her to elaborate and she said "You present so well and natural that it is easy to forget you are man" She said that she appreciated the effort and hard work it must have taken to learn and re learn all the nuances Style, comportment, makeup, grooming etc... She said that in me being Daphne she can see the respect I have for her and the important women in my life.

They were the kindest most wonderful compliments I have ever heard from anyone. I could barely keep it together.

I would gladly give it up if she could be well again.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and positive thoughts and advice.
    Living the life I choose!

Daphne, what a beautiful story. Your wife is someone very special. Thanks for sharing such a heart felt moment with us. Your wife will be in my prayers. Well, she already has been. Take good care of her.

Thank you Di, I am a very lucky person indeed I am married to a wonderful woman. I would rather she wasn't suffering from brain cancer. I would gladly give up her acceptance for her health.

Having said that, Lunch was wonderful for both of us. We laughed and cried a little and came a little closer together. Turns out she likes me as Daphne and was very impressed with how I look and carry myself. She said "I can understand why so many people like you this way" I asked her to elaborate and she said "You present so well and natural that it is easy to forget you are man" She said that she appreciated the effort and hard work it must have taken to learn and re learn all the nuances Style, comportment, makeup, grooming etc... She said that in me being Daphne she can see the respect I have for her and the important women in my life.

They were the kindest most wonderful compliments I have ever heard from anyone. I could barely keep it together.

I would gladly give it up if she could be well again.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and positive thoughts and advice.
    I'm sure you already do this, but tell tell her (and show her) how much you love and appreciate her every day.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda