Thread: What makes a girl a girl, in appearance?

What makes a girl a girl, in appearance?

I have posted many times about my in between dressing or androgenous if you will. I am a smaller person and most times when I am away from home I try a little to look like a girl but really I just don't emphasize the male. I will shave closely and wear light makeup with a racer back Tshirt, a pair of girls shorts, not flower prints or anything so obvious but just shorter than the baggy shorts most guys wear. I also wear a hat or cap because i am almost bald (drat, wish I had my own hair). When I am dressed this way I am often maamed and referred to as a girl but I find that 90% of the time it is women who refer to me this way, men hardly ever. So I have done a little experiment, thought it could be this happens partly just because women are nicer I have discovered another side to it as well. What is it you may ask? It is the breasts. I have noticed that when a man looks at me and can't decide he will instantly look at my chest and if the forms are not there he goes into sir mode. I have been experimenting with what makes me more or less feminine and this is what I have found. My next step is to dress andro with my small breast forms on to see what effect this may have. I will let you know what happens. What do you girls think is most important in how people see someone as male or female? Hugs Riki

The first thing a man usually notices is the hair, then the breasts, then the hips. How all of these attributes function together tell him: "girl".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am going to say it is deportment. It is how a female portrays herself. Her walk, movements and aura.

For me what makes a girl is the figure and the clothes. Obviously this is just me but I think a girl should have long hair, minimum shoulder length. I just prefer that. The way a girl acts and carries herself are important. I think it's just made up in our genes. I don't like the male I see in the mirror and I have a few feminine mannerisms. And I just think girls, including this girl, are beautiful and elegant and perfect.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rikidee, My first look at a lady is the overall package then I start to disect the package
    I like big hair and a great figure .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Many, many years ago I had a "Beatle" haircut. Relatively long hair at a time when men wore their hair short. I was on a date with a girl and parked in a parking lot. Two guys in a car drove up and tried to flirt with us, thinking it was two females. When I turned around, they took one look at me and drove off.

I agree with BLUE ORCHID, I think it's the total package. I like long hair and a great figure, but a GG could have shorter hair and less of a figure and still be identified from a distance as a female by the way she carries herself and other small visual clues we don't even think about.

As crossdressers, we can put on a wig, a set of boobs, hip padding, clothes, makeup, jewelry, etc., but it is very hard for us to imitate the other things that make a female a female. The walk, the actions, the head and body movements, just so many things. And of course, the voice. Not just the pitch, but women just talk differently from men. It would take serious study and practice, probably for a year or more to get this all in place.

This sounds like a good business opportunity - a residential school where males who want to transition or just crossdress really well could go and live and learn to act like women.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Veronica Vera has such a finishing school Linda.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

In addition to the physical appearance it's the attitude that makes one feminine.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

There are so many small differences that we just don't even think about. One is her skin. So much smoother then man's,the pores are smaller. Her hair is generally finer. Even her eyebrow hair texture is finer hairs. Usually, her head size is smaller. Bone structure is different as well as her proportions. Many have much longer legs then a man of the same height. Even her ears are smaller. It's hard to detect all the little things that make most women (girls) appear womanly (girly). Their walk, the way the move their hands and arms. All I can say is I like the differences that make up the total package.

Wear suitable clothing and go out with an air of confidence.
    Hold your head up high and keep that back straight.
    Look what it does to the front of you?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Wow, good question. For me I do strive to look as femenine and atractive as possible. I tend to dress sexy, but not ****ty. I do not try to look like I could blend in as I find that type of clothing as aluring. My make-up is usualy a bit more dramatic than just a bend in type of make-up. Since I am a older lady I strve to look younger than my years and think that I pull that off well. I think that if I did want to blend in I would not want to draw attention to me, anyway just saying.

Banned Read only
    Boobs, if a man can't figure out the face he looks for boobs to tell him the gender. Rikki if you're that passable in andro you definately should go totally fem and enjoy to the fulliest, if you haven't with that natural gift I can't imagine WHY.

Well thanks for the encouragement and I do both, full femme and andro. The andro just lets me stay somewhat femme most of the time, even in situations where I don't feel comfortable in full femme. When traveling and you have the whole going to the restroom thing as well as others to deal with somtimes full femme is a little inconvenient for me. But I have had some funny looks coming out of the mens room when in andro mode!!! Like the young guy who saw me coming out as he was going in and he stopped and looked at me and then looked at the "mens" sign, looked at me again and cautiously entered. Hugs Riki