Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earring Down the Drain!

Earring Down the Drain!

It came to me that I could hook dangle earrings with the wire hooks on the back of my beginner ear piecing studs and have the effect of wearing them. OK, it works.

But, trying one on, I dropped it and it went down the drain in the bathroom sink!

Understand, Linda is no stranger to plumbing systems and repairs, but not in a nice blouse, skirt, jewelry (including one earring) and high heeled pumps!

So - I had to everything off except for my bra and panties, empty out the cabinet, get a plastic container to catch the spills and remove the trap.

Earring recovered, cleaned, and everything put back together.

It's a neat feeling with the earrings (both of them now) dangling from my ears. I can't wait until I can actually wear them the correct way.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Me too! No danger of taking a chance on ruining an outfit to do plumbing! Heehee! Glad you got it back!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Well its nice to know that us girls can get hings done!

I think that I have a couple of earrings still resting at the bottom of the P-Trap waiting for a rescue. Or, maybe they have been flushed down to earring hell.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Thanks for the reminder to close the drain when fooling around with stuff that could disappear down there. Sometimes plumbing likes to make us work harder than I'd like to expose it's secrets[/SIZE]

I learned years ago never put on any jewelry over the bathroom sink. After loosing a Diamond stud down a sink in a hotel and no way to get to the trap! I cryed
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Well done Linda - mission successful

I bet that's the first time ever the ''plumber'' showed up wearing nothing but a bra and panties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I bet that's the first time ever the ''plumber'' showed up wearing nothing but a bra and panties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was thinking that myself. Too bad this morning I didn't match them!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

is kinda fun being able to do things like that.
    i replaced the suction control valve on the pool yesterday. mind you i was in shorts and t and had my bra and "boobs" in place..
    cutting pvc and using the solvent cement was fun even tho i wasnt fully dressed. the downer is, after sitting on the concrete in shorts, my a$$ is covered in welts and bites.not sure if it was ants or mites of some kind but hell its sore lol
    wonder what would have been if i was in my skirt lol
    shup, sit down and fish!
    The Captain wears the panties on this boat

I've probably lost a dozen small studs down the drain over the last 40 years. Murphy's Law guarantees that this only happens when I'm fully dressed and made up and in a rush to get out the door, so retrieving them right away is impossible.

I have learned to close the plug when I'm going to be messing with my earrings over the sink (which is also the place with the best mirror in the house), but I still slip up every now and then.

- Diane

we all do what we must I have done some unexpected repairs and had to take cloths off just in panties and bra but got it fixed and back to dressing in no time what a rush
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Oh I bet there are films that do lol

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    ............... I have learned to close the plug when I'm going to be messing with my earrings over the sink (which is also the place with the best mirror in the house), but I still slip up every now and then.
    Well, I'm pretty new to earrings and have a lot to learn. I still have two or three weeks before I get the original studs removed.

As for the drain, well I can't close it and it's my fault. It had become disconnected from the lever and it would go down but not come back up so one day I just pulled it out and set it on the counter beside the sink. At some point, my wife must have put it somewhere because I can't find it to make a proper repair. She is out of town with her sick father so I don't want to call her and ask her where it is.

When she gets home I'll find it and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I was thinking that myself. Too bad this morning I didn't match them!
    I did exactly the same thing last week -- stripped down to bra and panties and retreived a gold earring from the trap. Maybe we should start a union??

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I've probably lost a dozen small studs down the drain over the last 40 years. Murphy's Law guarantees that this only happens when I'm fully dressed and made up and in a rush to get out the door, so retrieving them right away is impossible.

I have learned to close the plug when I'm going to be messing with my earrings over the sink (which is also the place with the best mirror in the house), but I still slip up every now and then.
    - Diane
    Great suggestion Diane, thanks! There is SO much to learn about how to do what we do....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

It is nice to have a couple of drain traps before the was water leaves your property.
    It gives you 2 chances to save things.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    I did exactly the same thing last week -- stripped down to bra and panties and retreived a gold earring from the trap. Maybe we should start a union??....
    Or a company. I can see the truck now with a big pink sign on the side - "Bra and Panties Plumbing"!

Or a company. I can see the truck now with a big pink sign on the side - "Bra and Panties Plumbing"!
    With that sign we'll get a lot of business!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Hi Linda, The first thing I do is lay a towel in the sink and lay out my jewelery that way it don't fall on the floor.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

United brother/sisterhood of bras & panties Local #69.

"We'll get your "plumbing" fixed; One way or another!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Linda, The first thing I do is lay a towel in the sink and lay out my jewelery that way it don't fall on the floor.
    That's a good idea. I have a lot to learn, hopefully it won't be an expensive process.

We have a long counter with a sink at each end, his and hers, and the light extends over the entire area so there's no logical reason I couldn't use the area between the sinks. It's just habit that I stand in front of "my" sink.

My wife puts her earings on in front of the mirror on the dresser. Now I understand why.
    Last edited by linda allen; 09-06-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Update: I bought a new lift rod, found the drain (it was next to the kitchen sink for some strange reason), and made a proper repair. This time, I didn't take off my skirt, blouse, and heels.

I should have made a video for youtube!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    A few decade ago when I had to wear hard contacts, for a medical condition, my eye doctor’s nurse told me that laying a towel in the sink would prevent accidentally losing an expensive contact down the drain. She also said that it would prevent the lens from possibly bouncing out of the sink or getting scratched. If a lens lands concave side down and there is any moisture present they can be real difficult to pick up and they scratch easily. When out of the house a paper towel or even some tissue paper will also work. Scratching isn’t much of a concern with earrings but a small stud could be difficult to find if it bounced out and landed on the floor – not much fun to step on either.

It’s possible to wear both a pair of earrings with wire hangers and small studs at the same time. Just put on the wire ones first then put in the studs.
    Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    ........... It's possible to wear both a pair of earrings with wire hangers and small studs at the same time. Just put on the wire ones first then put in the studs.
    I am wearing the "beginner" studs, the ones you get when you first get your ears pierced. I'm not supposed to remove them for four weeks.

The good news - the four weeks will be up Thursday. I'm still supposed to wear studs for five more months, but I can change them out. I bought a couple pairs that have studs but also dangle.

I am wearing the "beginner" studs, the ones you get when you first get your ears pierced. I'm not supposed to remove them for four weeks.

The good news - the four weeks will be up Thursday. I'm still supposed to wear studs for five more months, but I can change them out. I bought a couple pairs that have studs but also dangle.
    When I got my ears pierced, spring of 2011, I was told to leave the piercing studs in for SIX weeks and then keep studs in for another six months to a year to keep the holes from closing up; the important thing was not to go for any extended period of time with nothing in the holes. If I wanted to wear earrings with wire hangers it would alright for a few days as long as I put the studs back in. Some heavy earrings with wire hangers may actually stretch the holes but you are likely to find them uncomfortable after a few hours. When my six weeks was up I started wearing earrings with wire hangers when I dressed, about once a week, with no problems what so ever. Recently I went about a week without earrings and one of the studs was a little difficult to get in, so even after a year and a half the holes can start to close fairly quickly.
    Babs