Thread: I Can't Win (Or Maybe I Have!)

I Can't Win (Or Maybe I Have!)

The past couple of weeks, through Saturday, was blur of girly activity, out in social situations pretty much every day. Dinners, get togethers, activities, events, all sorts of things that required me to be en femme. And I love it, of course!

But this weekend was our Anniversary and my spouse and I have been married for quite a few years.

I wanted to make it enjoyable for her and I figured I should be her spouse, "en drab" in order to do so. So I spent Sunday doing household chores en drab.

Our actual Anniversary was Monday, but the special restaurant I wanted to take her to was closed on Monday, so we planned our Anniversary Dinner for Tuesday night.

Which left Monday evening "open." I figured I'd make something at home. Shortly after noon we got a phone call from a couple of our women friends, would we like to go to dinner?

My spouse checked with me and then she said, "Let's do it."

Fine, but I have to be en femme with that group. So Monday evening, our actually Anniversary, Persephone and her "sister-in-law" were out to dinner with friends.

We usually go to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but the gym was closed for Labor Day. So this morning my spouse said, "Let's go to the gym this morning!"

I said, "Sure."

Once again, since it is a women's gym, it's Persephone who goes.

So far, I'm not batting a perfect score on my "all drab" plan!

Ah, but tonight! Tonight its gonna be her husband who takes her to dinner.

Dockers, polo shirt, male sunglasses, black casual jacket, Bass shoes, done!

We arrive at the restaurant and the waitress says, "Good Evening, Ladies!"

Sigh,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 09-05-2012 at 02:47 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Sometimes we can't "win" for "losing" Hon, or did we? Glad you had a good time anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Maybe I should have you start buying my lottery tickets.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    The past couple of weeks, through Saturday, was blur of girly activity, out in social situations pretty much every day. Dinners, get togethers, activities, events, all sorts of things that required me to be en femme. And I love it, of course!

But this weekend was our Anniversary and my spouse and I have been married for quite a few years.

I wanted to make it enjoyable for her and I figured I should be her spouse, "en drab" in order to do so. So I spent Sunday doing household chores en drab.

Our actual Anniversary was Monday, but the special restaurant I wanted to take her to was closed on Monday, so we planned our Anniversary Dinner for Tuesday night.

Which left Monday evening "open." I figured I'd make something at home. Shortly after noon we got a phone call from a couple of our women friends, would we like to go to dinner?

My spouse checked with me and then she said, "Let's do it."

Fine, but I have to be en femme with that group. So Monday evening, our actually Anniversary, Persephone and her "sister-in-law" were out to dinner with friends.

We usually go to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but the gym was closed for Labor Day. So this morning my spouse said, "Let's go to the gym this morning!"

I said, "Sure."

Once again, since it is a women's gym, it's Persephone who goes.

So far, I'm not batting a perfect score on my "all drab" plan!

Ah, but tonight! Tonight its gonna be her husband who takes her to dinner.

Dockers, polo shirt, male sunglasses, black casual jacket, Bass shoes, done!

We arrive at the restaurant and the waitress says, "Good Evening, Ladies!"

Sigh,
    Persephone.
    That's a great story and I envy you. I do have one question though - You pass well enough to be a member of a ladies only gym? No problem with anyone suspecting? No problem in the locker room? Makeup running and revealing a beard?

I ask because my wife belongs to a ladies only gym and I have joked about "putting on a wig" and going with her a couple of times. I know I couldn't pull it off, at least without a lot of work and practice.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

A lot of girls do wear mens clothes so that was an honest mistake by the waitress. Sigh!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

lol...Murphy's law : sometimes no matter how hard you try, it always seems to back fire.

And the problem is?

Never could happen to me. I need too much help to look femme.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That's a great story and I envy you. I do have one question though - You pass well enough to be a member of a ladies only gym? No problem with anyone suspecting? No problem in the locker room? Makeup running and revealing a beard?

I ask because my wife belongs to a ladies only gym and I have joked about "putting on a wig" and going with her a couple of times. I know I couldn't pull it off, at least without a lot of work and practice.
    Don't want to derail my own thread, Linda, but yes, I do.

When visiting various women's gyms prior to selecting one I have been toured by staff through the women's locker rooms and, on a few occasions, I have used them while traveling, but at my regular gym I prefer not to use such facilities.

My spouse and I, as "sister's-in-law," regularly attend the various activities that the gym provides, such as a monthly luncheon, where I routinely interact with the other women, and, Thank God, so far no-one has read me.

All I can tell you is that living fully in girl world for most of us takes a great deal more than just a wig! But I think you already know that!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    Well, it's the thought that counts, but perhaps the stars have aligned to give you an inescapable message!