Thread: Anybody been to Branson, Mo enfemme?

Anybody been to Branson, Mo enfemme?

I'm thinking of taking a Branson weekend enfemme. I have never been out dressed so I was wondering if anybody has been there dressed and any tips? I am thinking about taking in a show, eating out and general shopping. It would be the trip of a lifetime for me, but curious if it it safe for me? Please help if you have any experience or advise.
    Thanks Nicole
    “The most common form of despair is not being who you are.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

First, let me say that I've never been to Branson. But, I understand that it is an extremely conservitive city that conciders itself the heart of the Bible belt. From what I've heard, a crossdresser would not be accepted there, with open arms or open minds. I don't think I would recommend it, especially for your first time out.

There is a small town southwest of Branson, Eureka Springs, Ar, that is very open and accepting. There are tons of small shops in this small victorian style mecca for the LGBT community. My wife and I spent a week there a few years ago and had a wonderful time. Eureka Springs would make a great first time out.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

I love country music, so I've been to Branson a few times. The Simpsons analogy "It's like Vegas if it was run by Ned Flanders" is pretty appropriate. My experiences in Branson (always as a boy) have been that it's a where the bible thumpers go to vacation. Great shows and great restaurants, but it's not the kind of place that I would go for a Girlie Weekend.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Hi Nicole: If you have never been out en femme before and want a nice weekend away i highly recommend either San Francisco or Las Vegas or southern CA as a third option.
    I have spent a lot of time in those places en femme and never had any problems or issues. I highly recommend them to anyone who asks. It is worth whatever your travel expense might be.
    I don't know where in Arkansas you are but if SF, LV or CA is not affordable for you I recommend my hometown of New Orleans. Much closer to you and very friendly.
    Best of luck to you.