Thread: What if you had access to your very own makeup artist?

What if you had access to your very own makeup artist?

The other day I read about a local makeup artist who is offereing her services for a fixed hourly rate and she has a creative edge, has some experience in fashion, costume, etc. I contacted her to see what she how she would react to doing male to female makeovers for a party. She was really enthusiastic, said she has done male to female before. Its a bit hard to justify to hire her for one session just for myself, but she agreed to break it up so I could do a couple sessions which is pretty cool because then I can try at least a couple ideas and work on a costume between them. She also seemed to have no problem doing more than one person at a time which may work for a couples theme with my wife and I. She was also willing to help me learn how to do it myself, wants pictures of my face so she can think about bone structure and how to make it work.

How cool is that? Now, I'm challenged to come up with a really cool costume idea...
    Chickie

Very cool index have fun

There are more part time and free lance makeup artists out there than we could imagine. Just check out Craigslist under Services - Health and Beauty, and in there among the full body waxing, maybe a prostitute or two you will hopefully find a local artist who travels and may just fit your needs. I would guess that most of them would be more than happy to get paid to help you with your makeup. I am glad it may work out for you too.

allie what part of the bay area are you from i am in fairfield

Aspiring Member
    I live with one!
    The sad part is, she's never been able to do my makeup on nights we want to go out because she has other clients and herself to do.
    —Mikaela

Platinum Member
    I think it would be great to have a make up artist - if for only to learn and practice techniques. I'm not sure I understand about the costume part - but I think it would be great to get some ideas on outfits for various situations and occassions. (I guess i'm just not much of a party person!)

Really depends on how much? Personally I love doing my own makeup and picking out fashion.... kind of the only hobby that's truly mine and mine alone.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    The sad part is, she's never been able to do my makeup on nights we want to go out because she has other clients and herself to do.
    Yeah, it's sad when someone is awesome at their job, eh?

Kathi