Thread: I told my daughter

I told my daughter

After years of agonizing about telling my daughter and after reading some encouraging threads hear I finally told my daughter. She is 27 and moved back home about a year ago after a divorce. I was worried about her catching me dressed among other things. So last night I just sat down with her and told her. Her response was somewhat anticlimactic. She said it wouldn't change the way she felt about me at all. She would always love me no matter what and that I was a great father. She was disappointed that I hadn't told her sooner but when I told her that my wife had threatened me with divorce she understood. She had suspected for a long time that something was going on with me. She is going to figure out a way to let my wife know that she has known for a long time without it getting out that I told her. The. Next few weeks will be interesting since I won't have to hide my feelings anymore.

Diana L

That's great, glad it went well!!

Platinum Member
    well, I'm glad you and your daughter were able to have that conversation. I think its really up to you whether you share this information with your adult daughter...but now that its done, its considerate of your daughter to provide a bit of cover, in the event that your wife disagrees with telling her. Maybe it won't even come up.

you go girl let the adventure be rewarding
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Hello diana!
    After the explosion I got from having my wife find out I finally told my daughters (ages 23 and 25) that I dressed. One siad she knew and it was no big deal. The other siad she was disappointed that I did not tell her before, still loved me but....she never wanted to see me dressed.
    Charlie

glad it went well diane....my daughter and both step daughters know....heck 2 of them already figured....joke was on me...all is good now. anticlimatic being the key word here

You have a loving daughter