Thread: Nice trip to the cosmetics counter today

Nice trip to the cosmetics counter today

Decided today was the day for my first foray to a cosmetics counter en femme; I chose the Clinique counter at Boston Store. Decided to keep it low with a nice short sleeve blouse from Boston Store, tan JCP Worthington trousers and flat brown suede boots from Payless. Walked in, did a bit of shopping, and then walked up to the Clinique counter where I met my new adviser Carrie. She couldn't have been nicer; I explained I wanted to start a relationship as a new client to learn more about the finer points of applying makeup, and would be a good customer to boot. She could not have been more supportive! Next up will be my appointment to go in for the full makeover. Yay!

Jamie

Awesome, Jamie!

Congratulations! And enjoy your full makeover! (Please take some pictures afterwards).

One suggstion, don't wear your best blouse to your makeover. Even in the hands of a professional, stuff can splatter or fall.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thanks Persephone: good food for thought! I'll wear a black top & pants.

Jamie

Glad you enjoyed the experience. Make up counters are such a great place to get used to being out in public. In my every experience the sa's are delighted to have you, a little curious (in a good way), totally non-judgemental, and willing to fuss over and pamper you. You can learn alot, pick up supplies you needed anyway, and just get a little girl time. Sounds like you did everthing just right. I was at MAC yesterday and had the same experience. Have you had your nails done at a salon yet? Bliss.

Celeste:

Definitely looking forward to a salon visit; on my short list! Thanks for your comments,

Jamie