Thread: Whats wrong with me?

Whats wrong with me?

I do not know if I am deep in the fog or something other is going on but I am just not myself lately. I was out in the city this afternoon, I was shopping (in drab) for femme clothes and heels, but wherever I saw other women wearing heels and skirts, I was just so envious that I was not wearing them either or that i could not look like that when i do dress, actually it was stronger than that - I felt kind of intimidated by their femininity.

I do not think I have felt so low or confused in a long time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Help
    Natasha

Banned Read only
    Hi Natasha

The beauty of a woman can sometimes be intoxicating, you'll either want her for love or desire her beauty. In my case I desire her beauty since my love belongs to my wife. The beauty factor I realize in 99% of the time I can not duplicate so I just admire it for what it does to the eye of the beholder.

Its all fun

Thera

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I use GGs I see out, as well as those in magazines and on the internet, for inspiration and dressing ideas. However, I'm quite fortunate in that Sherry is a chameleon. With a little contrivance, I can often resemble them!

The only GGs I envy have those long thin necks, arms, and legs. Because I can't copy their looks!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nothing's Wrong With You

That's a normal feeling, for me anyway. I hate it when it comes along, but it goes away after a bit. Last weekend I saw the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and one of the things the young guy that owned it kept saying was, "Everything always is good in the end" (or something like that) "so if it's not good yet, then it's not the end!" Every time I get that feeling, which is not often, but enough for me to relate to what you wrote, it ends after a bit, sometimes a few days, sometimes a week or two. I always look forward to the end of that feeling!

It was during one of those low points that I decided I just needed to be me, to not hide who I was, because really, none of those girls do either. We all come in all shapes and sizes, and unless we're blessed with a way of getting lots of surgeries, we have to live with what we have. I decided to accept who I was, dress the way I like, and not worry about how I don't compare to some hot looking lady I see.

So, now I go out all over the place, dressed en femme, but far from passable (in my opinion). And I don't really care what others think.

In some societies, such as the Muxe (the transgender part of the Zapotec tribe in Mexico), it's fine to be that way - a man dressed in women's clothes. That to me is quite inspirational.

Too much emphasis is given to "being passable" in our society (not just on this forum but elsewhere). To me that's no different than the attitudes we all don't like of "too skinny models" being used in advertising, and how they impact our wives and daughters. If we don't want unhealthy looking models in advertising, why are we insisting on M2F transgenders being passable in public?

Be yourself, dear, it's more important about what's on the inside!

Hugs,
    Ann

Gold Member
    Natasha;
    I here you, and with you on wanting to dress better. I am in my closet to stay, but when
    I see a pretty girl, and in a dress, I long for the day that I could walk outside with a dress on.
    Rader

I'm with Ann Carpenter on this one. I use to try hard to pass and was jealous of all the GG's that I would like to look like but could not quite get there. As I grew I understand that I will never obtain that look and what I really enjoy is the clothes not the makeup and hair. Now I wear woman's clothes almost 100% of the time and do my hair, makeup, and nails on a rare occasion.

I'm with you on that one. I feel jealous too when I'm not dressed and i see other women looking sexy. I have enough clothes now so that I can buy them when I'm dressed up. It's confusing and frustrating all at once. I want to be a full time female but can't for many reasons...oh well -_-
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

Nothing is wrong with you, of course! I often find myself out and about, and wishing I could look as good as some of the GGs that I see. Heck, I sometimes find myself a little jealous of some of the members of the board, when I feel like I can't look as femme or as beautiful as they do. Sometimes it takes me a minute to really realize how silly that is - and how that kind of thinking is just going to bring me down.

I think the important thing to remember is that we can't compare ourselves to others. Otherwise, we are just begging for disappointment. Better to focus on how dressing makes you happy, and all the wonderful things that you can do with it, rather than what you can't.

Just my $0.02 - hope it helps in some way! Have a nice day (:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Sometimes I feel like you do and I do not find it unusual.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    I usually struggle when I try to put this into words. That emotion for me comes, I think, from the desire to want to exude that sensual and sexual power that women possess when they present themselves in a way that men find highly attractive visually. It manifests as a drive to emulate the sex appeal that a beautiful woman who's dressed wonderfully exudes, so we can own and feel that power for ourselves.

Perhaps then: admiring something so much visually that simply admiring is not enough and we are then driven to emulate it ourselves = crossdressing.

I've tried to articulate this many times and always seem to fall short...

But yes I've felt it. Just try to use your new found powers for good not evil.

This morning two women entered the office building in front of me and they were dressed amazingly..... and while I admired their clothes and they way they wore them I was in no way intimidated by them.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There have been many times when I encounter a GG who really has her "style" on display and it is just so incredible! I can't imagine how or why we would not be envious of a women who is presenting in a way we also want to present our feminine selves.

Let's face it, they have advantages (listing just a few). 1) they are women and all that goes with it physically. 2) they have grown up being women. They have quite likely been taught from an early age how to be successful in presenting themselves and there is nothing like a couple of decades of daily practice to increase one's ability. 3) they don't have to worry about being "clocked" since they are women (see 1) ) so they can wear anything they want!

So, it's great to be envious, but why not use what they are showing you to advantage. Observe, analyze what makes them look terrific, and then use the information to your advantage!