Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossdressing on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Confetti View Post
    John Ritter threes Company
    Did he CD? IIRC, the gimmick was that he pretended to be gay so that the landlord would let him live with the two unmarried women.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The first time I really saw anything about crossdressing on tv was when I saw an Eddie Izzard stand up special. Ofcourse I was shocked but I loved his comedy style and I really just saw him as a person. But I wish there would be serious roles in actual shows.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Very tempting for a million dollars.
    Absolutely Beverley. I didn't see the part about the million dollars. They could chronicle my cross dressing life all they want for a million bucks. They could come live with me and film me getting ready for bed, while I'm sleeping, film me getting up, film me taking a shower, getting ready to go shopping. Film me in the evening with my wife at a nice restaurant, film other diners comments of us out. Not much I wouldn't do for a mmmiiillliiioon dollars. All they would have to do is show me where to sign and what I need to do.

they had a show up here in canada called kink and it ran a series on a crossdresser in her real day to day life

One according to this site most of us are over 49 years old, TV does not care about our demographics, they are shooting for the 18 to 49 year old market. We don't have enough of us to make us big enough buyers of the junk they need to sale, and there is no prove the Vanilla sexed people would watch. and we need to remember, when gays first showed up on TV, they where used, to be laughed at, it took years before we got ones we where suppose to laugh with. And they got there by being out and open, not by hiding in the shadows, which even a lot of our sister that are out do. Few are out to the whole world. The gays have been beating on that door since the sixty's and had to beat it hard to get where they are at, the Transgendered have not. When your ready to get out there and stop traffic, and holler you have to listen, do sit ins and make a real fight of it, you can speed up the time line, but as long as you wait for them to give it to us, we will all just have to be patience. Anybody remember "I'm here and I'm queer" ?
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

John Ritter had an episode to bake cookies(threes company) he was a mature woman who won with menthol cookies. on a love boat episode John Ritter pretends to be a female cabinmate to sneak on and win love

I understand that a reality series covering the day to day life of male / female model Andrej Pejic is in the works. I hope so as he really makes a beautiful woman. Has dressed as a girl for fun since a little boy and his mother approves.