Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Bras

Question Wearing Bras

Do you enjoy wearing a bra? Why do we enjoy this article of clothing that most women hate? My SO says I'm nuts because I would rather wear firm foundation lingerie (longline bras, girdles, all-in-one girdles, girdle slips, corsets, etc.) She can't wait to take off her bra. Why is this, I don't understand!

I think the reason would be, the Bra is a very unique article of clothing for women. So for a crossdresser to wear a bra is as close as you can get to feeling truly femme.

A GG has been wearing a bra from puberty and there is no eroticism associated to the regular bra.
    Clarissa

You will either like it or you won't!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne_2003
    Do you enjoy wearing a bra? Why do we enjoy this article of clothing that most women hate? My SO says I'm nuts because I would rather wear firm foundation lingerie (longline bras, girdles, all-in-one girdles, girdle slips, corsets, etc.) She can't wait to take off her bra. Why is this, I don't understand!
    Simple. To her, it's not special anymore (if it ever was - for some GGs being a girl is a chore) - but to you it is...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Heck, I like pantyhose, too. Most women hate wearing pantyhose. They say it's too confining. I love it, though. Same with bras. Go figure.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I won't wear one outside until i get forms or grow my own. But at home & to sleep in, a loverly bra does wonders for that girly feeling, donnit?...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

I can understand, but ...

I can understand why some GG's may not be all that thrilled with wearing a bra every day of their waking life. From experience, I can identify with newly-carved notches on my shoulders, and itchy-scratchy patches on my sides and on my ribcage. Little metal etch-marks in the middle of my back. Isn't there a famous expression, that the person who invented the brassiere must have been a man?

Clearly, the novelty must wear off by the time you've put on a bra for the 5,000th time.

The excitement never seems to wear off for me, although a quick calculation yields the conclusion that I doubt I've put on a bra as often as a 25-year-old girl has. For me, and I suspect for many other CD/TV/TS's, a bra is a) a symbol of a major difference between us girls and, um, the other thing, and b) is also the practical mechanism whereby we achieve the major feature of our feminine look. It has both reason and emotion going for it.

Also, I suppose I have to admit, I still have a choice. If my nipples get sore from the friction with my forms, or the notches in my shoulders start really to hurt, I can always take a "boy break" and put on a teeshirt and go down to the pub for a beer.

Joanne, if I had an SO like yours, who was understanding of my CD tendencies, well -- I also couldn't wait for her to get her bra off; then maybe I could wear it. Then, we'd both be happier !

Hugs,
    Susie

Even though we both wear 38C, I only wear my own bras. Actually I wear a bra because if I don't, they hurt...BJ

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissa3d
    I think the reason would be, the Bra is a very unique article of clothing for women. So for a crossdresser to wear a bra is as close as you can get to feeling truly femme.
    Clarissa gets my vote. A bra is different. I remember once at a bar in Gran Canaria with my friends (both guys and GGs) there was this guy on the dance floor wearing a skirt. It was actually a rather bland ordinary loose black skirt (he was otherwise dressed like a regular guy). One of my mates was fascinated by it, one of the ggs was fairly interested too. He said to me "look at that guy! hes' wearing a skirt!" I said "so what, it's just piece of material" another guy in our group said in a very loud voice "so's a bra but you wouldn't wear one!!" well little did he know

My point is a bra is IMHO, very different. There are plenty of items of women's clothes that "could" be considered female versions of male items.
    Blouse = shirt or Panties = boxers etc but a bra? IMO there is nothing that a guy can wear that is the equivilant. Add to this that a bra is sexy, it's about boobs

Bras are very feminine, that's why I believe cders love wearing them.

Just my opinion and I totally understand if you don't agree with me.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 11-21-2005 at 11:16 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Blah

After actually having to wear an underwire bra for extended period I came to appreciate why GGs don't like bras, and that includes pantyhose, I spend a lot of time trying to keep my legs clean and clear so i don't "have" to wear the infernal things.

for some it may be the fit

for some gg it just may be a bad fitting bra when they get home off it come for some it is very unconfortable! when some say you must wear one the rest of your life there is some rebelling with some
    for the crossdresser it is a free choise to wear one or not and for me i like to wear one all the time for must of the time it can be 24/7
    Missy

Ah yes. Love to wear a bra. Definitely feminine. Means you have breasts that need support. Makes your "breasts" stand out. Be noticed. Panties are also very feminine. I don't know how anyone can compare them to boxers or most any other type of mens undershorts. They are tighter, sexier, and the most feminine ones require you to sit while you pee. Definitely reminds you that men are particualrly slobs though. Particularly love thongs, which I favor. Pantyhose - ridiculous things. I never understand why anyone would wear those things. Nylons and a garterbelt - comfortable and looks good. Also if one leg runs, why just replace that leg and go on your way.
    Dawn

I too love to wear a bra. I've said it before, but I love the feel of my breast forms, their weight and pull, the feeling of the bra starps on my shoulders and the sense of femininity it gives me. If you believe the hype, "studies" suggest 8 of 10 women wear the wrong size bra. 2 thoughts: 1) women should get a proper fitting if they don't like their bras or the feel of them and 2) So should men but where can they??????
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

For me, bras are new - and the last "taboo" if you will...

Plus, we don't have to worry about our breasts being hlaf sizes, or getting squished! I love the secure feeling of a bra - don't really know why. I understand that GGs hate bras because there's nothing associated with them that's plesant - and they have to be on ALL day EVERY day if they want to stay 'supported'.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    To me it mostly is something to hold my rice bags up...but i do want strapless ones real bad so i can wear those halter tops and some of the dresses i bought without straps being conspicuously present...

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDenise
    2 thoughts: 1) women should get a proper fitting if they don't like their bras or the feel of them and 2) So should men but where can they??????
    I just got a message online from onehanesplace.com --the Hanes hosiery people. The were announcing that anyone can get a free bra fitting by just asking for one at any Hanes Factory Outlet Store. Go for it Rachel!!
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Anyone that knows me knows how I love to wear my VS bras!
    The feeling I get when I have my breastforms glued on and a push-up demi bra supporting them is so incredibly feminine!
    Girls....we are lucky though. We can get a bra to fit our breasts perfectly.
    GG's don't have it so good. Even if their bras fit right, they still have that underwire cutting into their chest at all times. You think with all the amazing things being invented these days, someone could make a bra GG's would love!
    I really feel for them.

Dawn
    "It's only when I lose myself in someone else, that I find myself. I find myself."
    Depeche Mode

Victoria's Bras

I second that sentiment for VS...the Emma Collection is just wonderful for everyday wear. After my operation, it took about a year for the novelty of the bouncing to wear off. Ladies, that just hurts...! If I could do without Bras entirely though...too much movement in the ocean, ya know?
    Your favorite sexy kitten...

-Lydia K

how can i be a girl with out at least bra panties slip and hose........thats the bare min when i get to dress

They do say that the main reason GG's don't like wearing bras is that their bras are the wrong size/shape/etc. Like other items of attire bras should be bought to fit, not just wear. My wife used to do just that and complain. Over the last few years I've gone with her to shop for lingerie (for a number of reasons). I've tried to encourage her to buy proper fitted ones. Now I know a guy shouldn't tell a GG how to shop for lingerie (particularly a guy that the fashion police have warrants out for). She initially complained about the extra expense of fitted bras, but now she spends half as much on bras as she used and she doesn't complain. And I get to spend hours in lingerie departments holding her handbag while she shops.

I love wearing bras and most of the time I don't even know that I have one on. I've got to careful sometimes that I don't forget to take it off .

i just love wearing bras and just recently swimwear tops as welll.....makes me very fem...........

I can understand why GGs don't like bras, pantyhose, etc. I am not too crazy about having to wear a bra the rest of my life either but to be a girl that is what you have to do. I definitly will be buying fitted bras though, evern theough they cost a bit more. There is not facination with them for me, I tend to like the standard (no underwire) ones the best although they all work.

Why would I want to wear a bra if it is just sitting there!

Mandy
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

Platinum Member
    well i just enjoy every part of my dressing . and the bra well i got my own boobs no forms or pads just me in a under wire push up bra i get some nice cleaveage.........

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna2
    They do say that the main reason GG's don't like wearing bras is that their bras are the wrong size/shape/etc. Like other items of attire bras should be bought to fit, not just wear. My wife used to do just that and complain. Over the last few years I've gone with her to shop for lingerie (for a number of reasons). I've tried to encourage her to buy proper fitted ones. Now I know a guy shouldn't tell a GG how to shop for lingerie (particularly a guy that the fashion police have warrants out for). She initially complained about the extra expense of fitted bras, but now she spends half as much on bras as she used and she doesn't complain. And I get to spend hours in lingerie departments holding her handbag while she shops.

I love wearing bras and most of the time I don't even know that I have one on. I've got to careful sometimes that I don't forget to take it off .
    I have on several occasions forget I was wearing a bra, my SO told me the second time that I never forgot as you can't help but know your wearing a bra.

I currently have 60+ bras and only the first few are somewhat uncomfortable (too small), but since I figured out what size I need thanks to the bra calculator on Playtex website they all fit and feel great!

I've had my own breasts since about 12. Never needed pads or forms, but I do need support. Found that Lovable soft cup, underwire 38C works best for me. They give very good support and I wear them out all the time. They tend to look natural and help my boobs look smaller, but at the same time let them bounce when I walk.

Around the house I wear an old fashioned Playtex cross your heart bra which is actually the most comfortable. I don't wear them out because I feel like they are too confining and tend to push my boobs out too far.

Kim

bras

i absolutly love the feel of a bra round me. i have a pair of man boobs,so while wearing a bra it makes me feel very feminine