Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Fog? Once the barn doors are open...

Banned Read only

Pink Fog? Once the barn doors are open...

LOOK OUT?

For those who have ventured out "dressed" and lived to tell about it, how many of you remember how long it was before you went out again. Probably the next day?

Not sure if that would qualify as the pink fog? I am never quite sure what people mean when they use that expression.

Isn't it strange that there are so few tales here of folks who went out for a first time and decided once was enough. I only remember seeing one person in 6 months.

from what i have seen..... The only people who only go out enfemme once are those who had a bad experience... or get hurt or worse.... and decide that its not worth the risk.... imho.... If you do something successfully it gives you reinforcement to continue to do it again and again...... guess someone could have that on their bucket list and once they do it check it off....
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    I would love to try it some day, but with my build, (like a mack truck) I do not
    see anytime soon. But A person can dream, can't she.
    Rader

My first time out was the time I went for thinking of my self as a CDer to knowing I'm ST.
    So I would say the pink fog ran me on the rocks and drowed me in a pink ocean!
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think I was 18 year old when I first went out in public dressed enfemme. Since I was in the Navy at the time I could not do it very often. But my thought was then, and still is the same, this is me not the clothes that I am wearing!! I wear what I like, and if other people don't like what I am wearing that is their problem, not mine! Since my wife died I probably go out dressed enfemme even more often. But I do it very differently! I wear no makeup or wig, and I am almost bald. In other words, I am definitely a man dressed enfemme. Sure I get comments, but usually they are compliments on my clothes or questions as to where I bought the skirt, top, or dress that I am wearing! The other things that are said I just ignore! And I go out that way almost every day!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My SO goes out on a regular basis. This is what she needs to do in order to fully express her femininity. We are all multi-dimensional people, who need several things for self-actualization and one of them is human interaction. None of us would survive very well living in solitary confinement. My SO is not in a pink fog just because she gives herself permission to be herself and interact with others in a way that does not negatively impact her life.

Pink fog can be one or a combination of several things, which have the potential to impact someone's life negatively:

1. Self-delusion (believing that one passes when one doesn't, or believing that one possesses physical/mental attributes that one doesn't possess).

2. Inability to control impulses or difficulty maintaing balance (with shopping, sexual experiences, etc. Also risking relationships and jobs because of the CDing).

3. Foregoing safety concerns (placing oneself in compromising situations due to #1 & #2).

4. Becoming manic (attaining a high level of sustained euphoria, which enables #1, #2, and/or #3).

But, this is only my
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    The term Pink Fog covers a lot more than just going out. In its extreme form, pink fog is a compulsiveness that can be overwhelming and destructive. Some of its victims never venture beyond their closet...but rack up huge credit card bills on items that may never see the light.

Honestly, I think that a person has emerged from the fog when they take those first tentative steps into the outside world. Fear has a way of clearing the mind. But there may be a bit of euphoria and a return of the fog when ones fears are not realized.

The only thing holding me back from going out the second time was finding someone to go out with. I knew I wanted to go as soon as I started dressing completely. I have checked that off the Bucket List and still go out all the time. I sure is fun.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 09-11-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Well, my wife has been away this past week. I went out on Friday, and again on Saturday morning. After getting back on my side of town on Friday, I hit the post office to check on my mail. I went again to the post office the next day, and my "out" confidence is at an all-time high. However, my wife is coming home tonight, and I'll be putting any more outings on the shelf for the forseeable future. That's just the way it is, and I accept it.

At least I think I do.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Goodness, I've just read my post again and it sounds really stark.

I'd like to add that the joys experienced while dressing or when getting a new outfit, or the need to interact with others, are natural and this is not pink fog. Pink fog, in my opinion, is when the CDing is taken to the extreme, to the detriment of other aspects of a CDer's life.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    It's always seemed to me [my impression from the Forums] that many people feel it like an addiction to alcohol or cigarettes. That they are near helpless or can't control themselves. Peretty much like Reine described it.

Seems like it would be more likely to happen when CDers get together?

Some here DO have quite the shoe collection. Yeowwww! A severe case of Pink Fog?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Seems like it would be more likely to happen when CDers get together?
    No, getting together with other CDers doesn't change anything. My SO and I have gone out with trans friends, we've gone out to see drag shows, and we've also gone to her TG support group many times. Usually a bunch of people go out for drinks afterwards. There is absolutely no change in my SO. She's just her same, balanced self all the time.

The Pink Fog is internally driven and it may cause some CDers to seek "more excitement", thus propelling them to look for this in TG nightclubs or other places. But it's not the TG nightclub or other CDers that cause the Pink Fog.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Pink fog can be one or a combination of several things, which have the potential to impact someone's life negatively:

1. Self-delusion (believing that one passes when one doesn't, or believing that one possesses physical/mental attributes that one doesn't possess).

2. Inability to control impulses or difficulty maintaing balance (with shopping, sexual experiences, etc. Also risking relationships and jobs because of the CDing).

3. Foregoing safety concerns (placing oneself in compromising situations due to #1 & #2).

4. Becoming manic (attaining a high level of sustained euphoria, which enables #1, #2, and/or #3).

But, this is only my
    Second that. does that make it 4 cents worth? (Do you even have 2 cent pieces in the US?)

I go out every halloween anyway sometimes before to shop. In my picture I was out for a girls day with my daughters. My wife wouldn't go. She missed all the fun.

I've mentioned this in my opening thread, but I've only been out one time, and it was a very unusual circumstance. We were playing Truth or Dare with friends, and one of my friends dared my girlfriend and I to switch clothes for the night. I'm not sure if that counts as "out", since the amount of time I was outside in girl clothes was only a couple of minutes (walking from one dorm to another). This girlfriend didn't know about my interest in crossdressing, by the way.

It was fun, but it was over a year ago and I haven't been out since. I don't think it will be viable until I move away and get my own place, which will hopefully happen about a year from now.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

My first outing will be October 2 I have a week off so I'm being taken shopping this will be my first time out in public in daylight, I am nervous scared terrified and want to cancel it and same time excited so I will let you know how it goes and if I've learnt by then how to post pictures I will post a couple again this will be the first time pictures of me would have been posted anywhere I must be getting braver in my old age.

My wife was out of town several times a year or so ago and I went out dressed a few times. It was a PITA sneaking out to the car or changing in the car in a parking lot and changing back the same way. Plus, I only have a cheap wig.

Since that time, I've come out to her (mostly, but nothing about the wig or going out dressed). She was away again last week but I didn't really have the desire to go out because I felt like I would be sneaking around on her.

I would like to go out again in the future, but with her (and her blessing) as sisters or girlfriends. We would go to another city where we wouldn't be recognized. I have yet to discuss this with ther though. I'm thinking halloween might be an opportunity.

"Pink Fog" - To me, this means getting so caught up in crossdressing that you begin to forget things. Like you might leave something out that should have been put away, you might answer the door forgetting that you're wearing female clothing or jewelry, that you might forget and wear something you didn't meaan to wear in public to the store, you might forget to remove your makeup, etc.
    Last edited by linda allen; 09-12-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    I remember having such a feeling of euphoria that I couldn't wait to do it again. It was probably only a few days later that I snuck out again and walked the neighborhood. After that, it was every opportunity I could get away with. When I could drive, I would go to the beach or a park and stay dressed for hours. I even went out with a friend dressed a few times. Great feeling.

Goodness, I've just read my post again and it sounds really stark.

I'd like to add that the joys experienced while dressing or when getting a new outfit, or the need to interact with others, are natural and this is not pink fog. Pink fog, in my opinion, is when the CDing is taken to the extreme, to the detriment of other aspects of a CDer's life.
    Very well put, Reine. To make a long story short, that's what happened to me. Or I should say...that's what I did. Now I may have to suffer some very dire consequences. As I've heard so many times, most things are not harmful in moderation. Somewhere along the way I lost that ability in my activities.

Take care,

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Stockings View Post
    Very well put, Reine. To make a long story short, that's what happened to me.
    I don't know if it is necessary for me to specify this, but several people will read this thread who are not CDers and I want to clarify that I am referring to individuals who identify as men or who have a male gender identification component, and not TSs.

It stands to reason that if someone is TS, her decision to be herself is not Pink Fog. Taking steps towards and eventually achieving transition does not give rise to an unrealistic self-image, does not place a person in compromising situations, is not impulsive, nor does it transport a TS into an elevated sense of euphoria. To the contrary, a decision to transition often brings with it issues that are difficult to cope with if the TS loses the support of spouse, family, and friends.
    Reine

I don't know if it is necessary for me to specify this, but several people will read this thread who are not CDers and I want to clarify that I am referring to individuals who identify as men or who have a male gender identification component, and not TSs.

It stands to reason that if someone is TS, her decision to be herself is not Pink Fog. Taking steps towards and eventually achieving transition does not give rise to an unrealistic self-image, does not place a person in compromising situations, is not impulsive, nor does it transport a TS into an elevated sense of euphoria. To the contrary, a decision to transition often brings with it issues that are difficult to cope with if the TS loses the support of spouse, family, and friends.
    I agree, and good that you clarified things. For me, it has been CD'ing only, and as you explained very clearly, the Pink Fog, not TS.
    Linda

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    ...I'd like to add that the joys experienced while dressing or when getting a new outfit, or the need to interact with others, are natural and this is not pink fog. Pink fog, in my opinion, is when the CDing is taken to the extreme, to the detriment of other aspects of a CDer's life.
    If I may, I'd like to add that I believe that the shifting of crossdressing to the top of the list of one's priorities and responsibilities is evidence that we're immersed in the fog.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    ...Honestly, I think that a person has emerged from the fog when they take those first tentative steps into the outside world. Fear has a way of clearing the mind. But there may be a bit of euphoria and a return of the fog when ones fears are not realized.
    I think you're probably on the something here. In my own experiences, as soon as I started to venture outside, the yearnings and urges related to my gender-flux subsided, and with regard to my gender issues, I don't feel I act compulsively any more. I seem to be able to better prioritize my gender expression in a way where it does not have a negative effect on my psyche or my loved ones.

Again from my experiences, I don't feel that the fog returned when I came home after my first outing with the new knowledge that I could go out whenever I want and essentially "get away with it" in terms of being treated respectfully by others. I do, however, clearly remember feeling relieved that I'd conquered my fear and elated that the day had gone well. I don't feel I was under the influence of the fog at all. I just felt pretty darn good inside which was a stark change from my feeling emotionally "neutral" all the time.
    Last edited by Erica2Sweet; 09-16-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: error in grammar

I have a little different take on the "pink fog". It does involve expressing a need, but it's mostly about feeling feminine. I underdress all the time now, but mostly I don't feel especially girly. I've occasionally gone shopping en femme & just found it routine. Pink Fog involves a sense of euphoria at stepping into a different role. Partly compulsive after a long drought, but more about letting go, & feeling a little giddy. "Girls just want to have Fun!"

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
    I have a little different take on the "pink fog". It does involve expressing a need, but it's mostly about feeling feminine. I underdress all the time now, but mostly I don't feel especially girly. I've occasionally gone shopping en femme & just found it routine. Pink Fog involves a sense of euphoria at stepping into a different role. Partly compulsive after a long drought, but more about letting go, & feeling a little giddy. "Girls just want to have Fun!"
    Bingo.....that's me.

I always had a need to express a feminine self pretty much all my life.......I just simply call it the female side of me.