Thread: Not sure why I don't care anymore

Makeup addict!

Not sure why I don't care anymore

For the past year, I've frequently desired to dress as a girl and have done so. All of a sudden for the past week or two, I have no desire. I have no desire to wear a dress, my makeup, wigs, or even a casual shirt. This is new for me. Any idea why this would all just suddenly go away?

Can I ask if you are having any extra stress in your life at the moment or are feeling depressed?

Over the years I have done the same thing. I have enough other distractions to keep me busy such that I don't let it worry me.

Just don't give your, "Pretties," away. Based on my experiences I would expect the urge to return.

My SO has gone through the same thing, several times. Sometimes for weeks or months, and once it was for about a year, before I met her. She never stressed about it. She just allowed herself to go with the flow and eventually she got back into it.
    Reine

Could it be just out growing it. You hit your peek. Gawd I hope that never happens to me. But I have heard some people talk that this is just a phase im going through. But I have been going through it for YEARS. And even tho I have stopped and gave all my pretty things away just to turn around a buy new stuff. I'm still enjoying my fem side and don't want to go back.

Sounds to me like you are going through the "cycle" like so many of us here experience. Whatever you do, don't purge....Katie will return before you know it!

I think it's quite common! I can say been there done that! But that was many years ago!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

It seems to be a fairly common experience for many members. There could be external factors in your life but it could also be some personal cycle. Pretty hard to say.

I'm going through that now I think. I'm working alot, there's all the running about with the kids and the errands and now I'm also in school every afternoon for some work stuff. Just super busy and stressed. I have not even had the urge to dress - like you for only about a week - but I still see outfits I like and I saw a super cool pair of pink high heels the other day. Just did'nt want to buy/wear them right then.

This has happened before and seems to be a normal cycle or adaptive measure. Like the others have mentioned don't throw anything out - Katie is probably just on a little vacation. She'll be back when she's rested up a bit. :-)

J.
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

Based on my experiences, what you are describing is normal. You have nothing to worry about, the woman within will be back and probably stronger than ever.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Like others have said, it's normal. I've had a couple of phases where I didn't dress for over a year.

For me it's either times when I'm really busy/stressed or times when I'm really satisfied with my life that make me lose the desire...I guess when my moods are at either extreme. When my life is even keel is when I tend to dress the most.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

When my T gets really low, I have no desired to dress