Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerns about posting a picture

Concerns about posting a picture

Hi All -

Does anyone else have fears about posting a photo of themselves here? I mean one that someone could truly recognize you by, or worse, post elsewhere. I'm so afraid of being "discovered", and it jeopardizing friends or work. I doubt anyone on this site would do anything bad. But the thought still makes me nervous. Plus who knows, maybe some of my co-workers are on here too, and will recognize me.

If you felt this way, what finally made you decide to post one? Have you ever had a bad experience posting a pic, here or elsewhere?

Camille

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The co worker that should be no problem if they are here.
    Sure I felt that way at first and yes I have seen my pics elsewhere but nothing bad happened.I just contacted the web site and had them remove them.

Banned Read only

Exclamation

I remove my eyes and anything that distinguishes me from my photos.

I have found that many people in real life do not know its me when I am dressed because I generally put on more then one layer of makeup and I drive a new vehicle that I normally do not use unless i am dressed.

I have been places and seen a guy are two and a TG looking at a CROSSDRESSER WEBSITE.

ALSO THERE ARE SOMETIMES WHEN i DO SEARCH FOR TOPICS AND THIS WEBSITE AND ITS POST POP UP with some people here posts & pictures
    Last edited by luscious; 09-14-2012 at 02:24 AM.

If you think about it though, if any of your friends/ family/ coworkers are on here, that means they are an ally! I wonder a little bit why people do 'hide'. I do understand the fear of being found out, but you are on a site that is exclusively for those that are under the transgender umbrella. Granted, it is possible to see people's avatars while logged in as a guest, but then again, if somebody isn't involved in the community they aren't going be on this site or go through every member's comment or thread just to see if they recognize anybody. I can't give you statistics but if you really think about it, there is less than 1% chance that somebody you know that isn't in the community will magically stumble on this site and spend the time to find you. If you want to start small, just post a photo of you on your profile, but use a different photo for your Avatar. Only members can see each others profile.

What do you think the odds are that you would find somebody you know on here?

Amber
    Last edited by AmberDay; 09-14-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

I think the odds of someone finding you out by stumbling on a photo of you here is infinitesimally small.
    Then add to that the fact that you are in female mode, in other words make up and wig and it just isn’t going to happen.

That’s my opinion anyway. Someone here is bound to come up with a story of being found out now.

The thought did cross my mind that someone might stumble across this, but if they are on the site then I don't think them finding out would be too much of a problem. I'm not sure I like the idea of people putting my photos up elsewhere on the web much, but I think the chances of anyone I know finding them are pretty small.
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

I was nervous at first. I've had experience of people finding pictures of me through my own fault really. But with everyone here and all the support I went ahead and posted. I know so many here have, are and will go through the same problems as I am. So I know we are all in the same situation. You are the only one who knows if the time is right to post a picture.

I don't care if people do see me on here anymore.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

Although I agree with every post so far, I feel I need to add this:

I don't know your personal situation, but ANYTHING posted on the web must be considered de facto in the public domain. If there are things you don't wish to share with the universe, the only logical course is to keep them to yourself.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

If someone you knew saw your photo here and said something then my question is...why were you trolling a crossdressing site??????
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Never been nervous about it, if they find a picture of me on here it's because they were looking for a crossdressing site and happened across my profile on it, and there's only a small amount of reasons why someone would come onto a crossdressing site lol. I also have photo's on deviantart, (so called because it distances itself from the snobbishness of the fine art world not because it's for sexual deviants or anything lol) which a lot of friends are on, but the point still stands. If you're not searching for crossdressing you're not going to come across it.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    ....... ANYTHING posted on the web must be considered de facto in the public domain. If there are things you don't wish to share with the universe, the only logical course is to keep them to yourself.
    That's the reality of it.

A friend's daughter in law got a "boob job" and decided to post photos on a well known "naked woman" website. She got a little carried away and posted not only nude photos, but sexually explicit photos as well.

Somebody found out about it, told someone else, who told someone else, and eventually everyone in town except my friend and his wife was looking at her sexually explicit photos on the Internet. My friend may have found out but he never mentioned it.

My current avitar is an actual photo of me, but from the neck down. I have posted a couple photos of me out on the town, but wearing large sunglasses. I would be pretty hard to recognize.

For anyone concerned about being "outed", think carefully before you post a photo to any Internet site, restricted or not.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I've been posting pictures since the 90's (remember geocites girls?) and the fact is I have never heard of another girl getting recognized by someone she knew. What does happen on occasion is someone leaves a screen up and the PC and gets discovered

I had some fears about posting photos of myself enfemme..... about 10,000 photos ago.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Layin' low, sort of.
    No matter how tempted, I don't see myself sharing pictures of myself dressed on this site, let alone elsewhere. What if the picture is "geotagged," or someone figures out it's me? If anyone wants to look for me on the Internet, leave that to the government. They can use that face to compare me to hundreds of Facebook pics of me (in guy mode obviously). Or the GPS coordinates in the image to find me physically. That's why I have location disabled on my phone's camera app(s).

In the end, it's your choice-- your risk-- if you want to share pictures of you dressed. I'm better off keeping such pictures off the Internet.

But the bottom line: if you're reluctant to post pics of yourself, don't take your chances of someone finding out and allowing it to spread on the WWW.

I'm a bit afraid that the images will end up outside this forum cause a member would download it. I trust you all and our moderators, but I'm afraid there might perhaps be a bad egg also. So to make sure I shrink all my photos that I upload, not tiny just enough to make them useless on other sites

If you post pictures on other websites then you should make sure the text you published doesn't contain keywords cause the google robots might spread it.

I believe in probability. There's a extremely slim chance that you'll even meet someone who had a friend who had a friend whos a member and have happened seem you on this site. Think I would even been glad if I met someone on the street who had seen me on this site, I like making friends
    Last edited by Erina; 09-14-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Thought wrong then

Because the internet is forever, I am wary about what I post.
    I have things I said 15 years ago still out there.
    It can be a very good reference source, used correctly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Erina View Post
    ........ This website doesn't allow spiders so what you publish here won't leak out on the search engines
    Not true. I can do a google search on my screen name and find posts on this website. Of course, only people here know me as Linda Allen.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Just typed into Google, ‘crossdressers suzy1’ then went to Images and there I am, and so are some of you too!

Am I worried? No………a little flattered maybe.

Try your Avatar name, if you dare!!!!

While we are a bunch of supportive gals on this sight and would not do anything to harm the other members, keep in mind that there are some angry SO's also lurking, who may not have our best interests at heart. So you just never know who may be viewing your photo or what their intent may be. And this is the internet, so you have to assume that your photo is on public diplay. That being said, my avatar isn't me because I don't have a photo of Jayne yet. But when I do, everyone one the www will see.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

I have no fear i
    have putting pictures up for awhile i think its great
    laurieg

I would post a pic, but out of respect for my wife's request, "Please, No Pics of the web" I have never posted.

Personally I would not be concerned about posting a picture that was just an everyday girl next door picture. I would want to post the VERY best picture I had to convey my feminine side..... Thank God for new cameras, I would spend hundreds on film trying to find that picture.

There are methods that prevent copying photos off of the web by all but the most expert of photo thieves. It takes some basic photo post processing, but it's relatively simple and effective. Google "photo copy protection". Me? I really don't care, but then I'm really not into showing off my old bod. :-)

Gigi
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Banned Read only
    I think we all went though this decision making process. If someone "here" recognizes you, are they not also a crossdresser?

Other than my avatar/profile picture, I've only posted pictures twice. I did it because I wanted feedback on my appearance/outfit, and when everyone had finished commenting on the thread and it had been closed by a moderator, I removed the pictures since I didn't really want them to lay around on the site for too long. My current avatar (which is the same as my profile pic) is a heavily edited photo of myself when I was 17 (the hair is from a virtual makeover program), so I think it would be really hard for anyone to recognize me.

I just Googled "crossdressers sveta" and the first link was a YouTube video of another crossdresser who goes by "Sveta". The third link is to this forum.

What I'm more concerned about are people who have registered accounts on this forum but are not actual crossdressers and are just looking to have access to the picture posting board so that they can save copies of pictures of all of the dressers. It's hard to tell if there are many (or any) members here who are doing that, but it makes me reluctant to leave my pictures up for too long after I've gotten the feedback I wanted.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    That’s my opinion anyway. Someone here is bound to come up with a story of being found out now.

Thera