Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerns about posting a picture

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Just typed into Google, ‘crossdressers suzy1’ then went to Images and there I am, and so are some of you too!

Am I worried? No………a little flattered maybe.

Try your Avatar name, if you dare!!!!
    Boom! When I google Karren Hutton I'm everywhere..... now when I google my birth name.... zip except maybe my address.... it helps to have no male presence on the internet.... nothing to connect the dots too!... only a female presence.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks for all of your responses. There were some good suggestions here too. This gives me plenty to think about. I'm not even sure if I do want to post, really, and definitely wouldn't do so without my wife's OK anyway. I think my main reason for wanting to post is for some validation that I don't look completely like a dude when dressed. But in the end I need to give myself that validation anyway, regardless of what others think.

Thanks all,
    Camille

I used to be scared to post my picture on the net but not anymore. If friends or family sees it, oh well lol

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaCDSNJ View Post
    I used to be scared to post my picture on the net but not anymore. If friends or family sees it, oh well lol
    Well said Felicia. I'm the same now. And lovely name

I've been seen and I'm sure more people know than have let on. It must have spread that I've dressed. All the more reason I'm close to coming out of the closet fully.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Boom! When I google Karren Hutton I'm everywhere..... now when I google my birth name.... zip except maybe my address.... it helps to have no male presence on the internet.... nothing to connect the dots too!... only a female presence.....
    I bet your tied in w/ the CIAFBIguys somehow.....................................

Thera

I have had my picture posted on this site ever since I joined. If any one has seen my pix on this site they most likely are a crossdresser themselves otherwise why would they even be here. I guess there is a remote possibility that my avatar could be seen elsewhere but at this point in my life I do not care. Why I am on this site is no ones business but mine. If they want to make a big deal out of it so be it. I love being a crossdresser and no one is going to tell me how to live my life or that what I am doing is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I posted some and then thought better of it and took them down.

While it is true that your chances of being found out by posting a pic here are quite small, they are most certainly not zero.

First thing. Your avatar is public. Anyone anywhere on the internet can stumble across that with something as simple as a google image search. So ... if you're not out, and that possibility concerns you ... you know ... make sure your avatar is not personally identifying in the real world.

If you're closeted, and this doesn't concern you, I suggest you log into facebook and post a picture containing a face ... see how it recognizes that and suggests friends of yours who that might be? See how scarily accurate it's guesses are?

There are serious limitations to face recognition algorithms today, but they are almost entirely limitations of computing horsepower. Next year, or the year after your iPhone might have enough horsepower to crossreference every single avatar on this site to a phone number and address. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, and "when" is more likely a matter of months than decades.

As far as I can tell posts in the Picture & Video section are walled off from the general internet. It's a fairly safe place to post pics, I'd say, but even then you have to ask yourself ... do you trust every single person with an account on this site?.

In my case, I initially thought "yeah, sure I do", because the comment "hey I saw your pic on the crossdressing site dude!" also betrays the person speaking as having been here and having an account.

... which is why I originally got the courage to post some pics, which was a wonderful, supportive experience that I am grateful to have had, but ...

then I realized that my wife and I have had many out of the closet LGBT friends over the years, many of whom probably hang out here. Many of whom innocently might just say "oh, hey I didn't know your husband was into crossdressing too" ... oops.

In my case, this led to the conclusion "dude, don't post pics until you find a way to come out to your wife at least".

Don't want to be all scary and stuff, but the moment one of those old friends messaged me on facebook randomly the day after posting my pic (he didn't recognize me, it was just a random coincidence) ... that was a powerful wakeup call for me and one I thought it would be worth sharing.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Just typed into Google, ‘crossdressers suzy1’ then went to Images and there I am, and so are some of you too!

Yes I did get google results with crossdressers myusername that led to posts I've made. My username by itself isn't unique so that search brings up many others. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to be outed, but if someone thinks they recognize my photo and puts 2+2 together so be it.

I had similar concerns when I first became active on line. If some of your co-workers were on this site the natural question would be "Why?" I doubt that any of them would "expose" you as that would be exposing themselves as well.

Any time that you post anything online anywhere, there is some risk. So, a little caution is probably a good idea but that
    need not totally stop you.
    Hugs, Carole

It scares me, but I uploaded the photos as a first step out the closet

I'd like to mention one more thing. There's a site called TinEye (tineye.com) that does reverse image searching. You can use this to check and see if images you've put on the Internet have been posted on other sites. It's not perfect, but I think it's worth a try if you're really worried about your pictures being in places you don't want them to me.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

I am everywhere on the net.

I am even on my guy FB page....I literally got several dozen compliments, and no friends lost, and I gained even more friends.
    My femme side is now literally an unsecret. Good.

If and when the government pries into my private life, this is the face they're gonna get.
    Stick it, Uncle Sam!

If there's anyone who knows me, that is spying on me, or discovers me......then what are you doing here, savvy? ....gotcha.

Have a nice day!......I'm a girl, end of story.

"Mod hat on" - We have rules on the site about the posting of pictures and these are for many reasons... think about it...

"Mod hat off" - I decided to go for it because I decided I needed to get my Kaz identity out there and validated... if people connect me, that's cool, we can talk... I am not that significant a person for this to be an expose(e should have an acute accent (ague)).

And if it all goes belly up... yeah this is me! Deal with it!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I don't come up, although this did lol http://www.demotivationalposters.org...1283598070.jpg
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

I gave this some thought before posting pictures of myself on here, particularly a guy mode/girl mode one, but they aren't connected to my real name, and even if a colleague did somehow stumble across them randomly, law and company policy say I can't be got rid of on those grounds.

What worries me is the idea of one of them going viral with an insulting caption underneath...

Banned Read only
    I went to a job interview a few weeks ago. I was talking to HR lady, and she called up the plant manager and he walked in, he looked shocked at me, he said, I know you don't I? I said, I don't think so, I don't believe we've ever met. Well while we went on talking, the 3 of us. He kept looking me up and down almost like not really paying attention to what I was saying. 5 minutes later on, he said I know I have seen you somewhere before. But he looked like a total stranger to me. I felt a little uneasy. I talked to my wife about it, and thought, did he see me on here. For I have had different pics on here at different times. I used to have some on flicker also but took them down about 6 months ago. Did he copy and save some of them?
    My wife says Tara and well, her husband look nothing alike. I thought about all of this on the way home. Does he visit this site? Does he look at cd's on flicker? That's the only places I have posted pictures. A co worker a few weeks ago, was cutting up and put a new mop head on his head and was behind me and called out, I'm a girl and my name is Tara, ha ha. My eyebrows lifted a little as I turned to look at him, I didn't see a knowing look on his face, so I think that was just a coincidence. But if I ever do get discovered ,I can blame no one but me. We play the game, we take the risk's.

Peace and Love, Tara
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 09-14-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I did a google image search with my name and crossdressers and only showed up on page 12! Lots of people I know on the forum showed up above me, though!

At the resolution of photos on the site it would be difficult to absolutely identify anyone.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The best way to hide your identity is to put your girl side up.
    Eff the government!

Banned Read only
    I haven't posted any pictures because I am an aging dinosaur with limited computer skills and a cheap digital camera. If I do get around to posting a picture I think I would turn my face or do something to obscure my facial features, sunglasses maybe.

On other sites I have blocked my handle for that site. Specifically, my family probably knows my handle on eBay. Before I blocked my feedback, if I 'Googled" my handle it lead to my purchases. Among other masculine purchases, there it is for everyone to see: slips, dresses, panties, bras, hosiery. Yikes. Talk about trying to talk my way out of that, especially considering the women's sizes. I found the same with the handle I use with the local newspaper.

Being 'outed' by this site is small unless you picture is in the avatar. I checked who may be viewing this site before pounding on the keyboard. There were 109 users in the general/public section, 82 of whom were guests. In beauty club-1; clothing-5; pictures-17. It would appear there are many lurkers out there. Maybe wives checking up on cross dressing husbands. Maybe wives trying to gain insight.

Ten years ago I made a comment on a site and it's still there. Once on the Internet, it's there forever.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    I am lucky. My name is very common, so there are lots of images out there to Google, but only my avatar image belongs to me.

If you DO decide to post a picture, just try not to include identifying stuff in the picture that others might recognize (like your wedding photo!)
    Then even if someone sees your picture and thinks it's you, they will never be sure. You will have plausible deniability!

I would like to post a picture of myself but my wife would have a big problem with that. Maybe one day.

Sveta, I remember a number of yrs ago, someone was found out using photos for not so nice reasons. i forget the details. one of the supermods may know.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar

Pics on PC

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    I've been posting pictures since the 90's (remember geocites girls?) and the fact is I have never heard of another girl getting recognized by someone she knew. What does happen on occasion is someone leaves a screen up and the PC and gets discovered
    Along with the others here, I've got to the point of thinking to hell with discovery.
    However, I was making an ID label on my laptop today at work and checked out my femme pics and the folder opened up in full screen. Luckily no one could see from down the office but the screen I was using faces absolutely everyone. Wouldn't be so bad, but this buffoon is the IT guy (T-Girl in disguise) for the department...whoops!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

We all go through these stages. No photos, headless or sunglasses, etc. I guess it boils down to how much you care. The photos I post are (hopefully) tasteful and represent how I want to appear, so I don't really care who sees them. One thing to consider though, when you look at a photo of yourself en femme, you still see yourself. You would be amazed at how different you actually look to someone else. Also, you are probably completely out of your normal context. A person that knows you and sees your photo is very unlikely to identify you from it.
    Debby

Not trying to outdo anyone, but i just googled my Youtube names, and wow! My over 300 videos are everywhere! Then, i googled my handles for other cd places. Same thing! I think i am going to stop my Youtube account. That is way too much exposure, all those videos!