Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Feel Terrible

Silver Member
    Seems like you are going to fight a battle for something that won't affect you. If you do not intend to dress at work then this potential policy only bothers you because you think it "might" be the result of your wearing heels and skirt to an event last year. You most likely would never be able to substantiate that, so take it easy on yourself. Many occupations have dress codes so I do not think other women drivers wear skirts will have to "suffer" and simply wear pants. Most female uniformed bus drivers and transit workers I have seen wear pants.
    Maybe no one else will really care. Maybe there are other reasons for the policy change. Maybe there were complaints from parents when you wore skirt and heels to the ceremony last year and the school board had to do something. Maybe your union should push to get everyone a clothing allowance or uniforms if new dress codes are necessary. Maybe ...maybe...maybe...
    By the way, it took balls to wear the outfit you did to an employee of the year event. Wow! You obviously are good at your job for being nominated. You clearly have guts. Just try to ease your way out of responsibility for something that might or might not happen. Congratulations for your nomination.

Marshall, were the GGs required to wear skirts before, or did they have a choice between skirts and pants. Also, have you asked the GGs how they would feel about wearing pants? Is there anyone that you are on friendly terms with that you could ask?

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Most female uniformed bus drivers and transit workers I have seen wear pants.
    Maybe no one else will really care. Maybe there are other reasons for the policy change.
    I agree with this. Honestly, as a GG I can't imagine another GG believing that her rights are violated just because of a uniform change. And I personally would much prefer to drive a bus wearing pants than a skirt. Someone posted a thread a few days ago about having been in a restaurant where all the wait staff, male and female, were wearing the same men's white shirts no less, and black pants! It is not gender discrimination, in my opinion, to have the same dress code for everyone.

OK .. now I'm going to ask a difficult question. Why do you think it is such a travesty that women should wear pants? Why do you think they would hate the new potential dress code?
    Reine

Update

I learned the Director forwarded my letter to the school board a week ago, and that the board has decided to put a hold on changing the dress code.

I do not know if it was because of my letter, or, another reason entirely.

Very Relieved.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    OK .. now I'm going to ask a difficult question. Why do you think it is such a travesty that women should wear pants? Why do you think they would hate the new potential dress code?
    Personally, I don't think driving in a skirt is a good idea, a driver is responsible for evacuating the students in an emergency, bus fire, traffic accident, roll over, and wearing loose clothing in such a scenario probably isn't a good idea.

I have spoke with 3 lady drivers that were very upset about the possible change, these are some of the ladies that I mentioned before, that I have never seen wear anything other than skirts or dresses.

The ONLY reason I was upset about the change, is because they were changing the rules because of ME and the fear of something that I had no intension of doing.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I feel SO bad for you- and i am usually ms uber positive.

as a guy i would probably immediately start crossdressing (professional look) and egg the ******* into doing something stupid.

as a girl/cd- i'd probably cry, load up some .208... no- that's really not what we are.
    but i'd sure like to **** him over in a dozen ways to eden... hey- let us know what company to stop doing business with.

a really really smart person once told me the best way to hurt someone with money is to cut off their access to money...

or even better yet- not just the company- but the specific division- peer competition will easily kill this guy's job... just let us know- a few emails, a 10% drop in productivity..

piss off a CD-- piss off million people.... in the states alone.