Thread: *itch as a compliment! or ?

Question *itch as a compliment! or ?

I do want to apologize for some of the language. I left some of the dialogue intact to convey my point.

So I was walking through Krogers (dressed as Amber) and was walking down an isle. There was an extremely overweight woman looking at something on the shelf with her cart sideways blocking most of the lane. In guy mode I would have loudly said excuse me, but since I was presenting as a female, I started to squeeze my cart between the narrow space between her cart and the shelves. I softly said excuse me, but still didn't have enough clearance and ACCIDENTALLY clipped her cart with mine. It was just a little tap; not like I t-boned a Smart Car while driving my bus. I take maybe three steps and she yells, "Excuse you BITCH!!!!" I stopped and turned to her and said I'm sorry. I do speak softly to try not to out myself. No matter how many youtube videos I watch or voice changing dvds/ cds I buy, I am unable to speak in a female voice. She contiues:"What the 'F' your problem? You can't talk? I'll beat your ass up and down these isle!" I just stood there dumbfounded. I had no doubt in my mind that she could whoop me even if I was in guy mode. I ended up rolling my eyes , turning around and proceeded to the next item on my grocery list.

I walk away thinking, "Hey, I was called a *itch..... I passed even in a confrontation!" and started humming 'Eye of the Tiger'.

Amber
    Last edited by AmberDay; 09-14-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

Banned Read only

Lightbulb

TS/TG/DQ use *itch as a compliment and sometimes GG'S use it as a way to call you a DIVA or to say you are being CATTY

so amber truthfully why were you being a *itch? did her heels look nicer then yours and you wanted them or was it hot flashes or that HRT?

LOL LOL lol lol lol
    Last edited by luscious; 09-14-2012 at 01:54 AM.

And I always thought Dayton was a kind of peaceful town. Nice Midwest Folks taught to be polite, taught some manners. My Folks lived there about ten years before retirement, Dad took The Transfer to keep his seniority, and I never noticed people acting particularly crazy around there.

But, you have had some bad luck lately. The Hooligan T-Gurl on The Bus, and now this. If she chooses to act crazy like that about every incident of "cart bumping" that she encounters, she won't last long. Someone will close that Nasty Mouth of hers, and perhaps do it permanently.

I'd invite her to my part of Florida if she really wants to learn about "Shopping Cart Dodgems." Getting Bumped happens at least a couple of times with each visit, and just to remind "your opponent," it's always good to run over their foot, and then use an expletive, or stay mute which can be even more annoying. "You come try my Super Walmart lady!" As all of our Northeast Snowbirds like to say: "I got ya' Shopping Cart.....Right Here!"

Speaking of that, It's September, and I am reminded it's time for them to return to The Sunshine State. "You all bring those Canadian Quarters, and steal The Sweet and Low off The Table at Denny's." "So good to see you coming back!"

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-14-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Sorry, but the would have produced the response....in my deepest voice, somewhat quietly, in her face...."Just F#$$ing try it!!!". I think she would have gotten the message.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just perfect!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I don't know how I would react, but I admire your courage just to get out dressed. I have to say that people that block the isle with carts are a major frustration. I consider is courteous to not block the isle and rude of those that do. Someday I will be in your shoes(or heels) and hope I deal with it as graceful as you did.

I guess that's one of those times it's best when you say it best when you say nothing at all!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

To quote the bumper sticker I saw, "You say Bitch like it's a bad thing?"

Aspiring Member
    She should be the one apologizing.

Wow, the thing I'm taking away from this is that woman's total lack of civility. Her mother must be so proud!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Take it like you have been maamed!
    I think I would have given her a cheesy thank you!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty815 View Post
    I admire your courage just to get out dressed.
    Amber identifies herself as TS. Why wouldn't she go out dressed?

Platinum Member
    There are some really ugly people out there. You behaved appropriately and she went on to have a miserable day. I'm sure she found lots of other things to complain about along the way. Be happy you aren't her.

I would have smiled sweetly and walked away. There is no need in reinforcing attitude like that.

However in guy mode I probably would have told to her kiss my a$$.

This is why I prefer my femme self

Addendum: since the thread asks the question. NO it is never a compliment unless you are a grand champion canine bearing puppies. I don't like it when people use it in a social setting any more than I like them using racially charged words or implying a persons sexual preference or lifestyle.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    A chance encounter with one of the [unfortunately, way too many] "clueless ones" out there.

It's ineveitable today, no matter where you are or what you are wearing. Sooner or later, we all run into one.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    People here in the grocery and very courteous for the most part.I have shopped enfemme plenty of times and had a few bump my cart or I have tried to squeeze my cart thru a tight place and bumped a cart.
    Usually its pardon me, excuse me or I'm sorry and each go on about their business.
    Had one young couple with two kids standing in the middle of the aisle blocking everybody All I said was can I get thru please?
    The wife said oh I'm sorry "kids let the lady thru". I think she clocked me but she didn't bat an eye.

Its a funny thing... maybe its the percentage, but I've had most rude comments when I'm a regular guy and mostly neutral to positive when dressed up. One thing I figured out, if someone is blocking your way, it is best to make eye contact or to ask them if you can go past with a smile and laugh.... but some people are just rude and will ignore you, so you have to read their body language and sometimes avoid the whole isle. Its a combination of passive agressive body language on your part and personal space on theirs... but, sounds like she did thing you were a female.
    Chickie

I think that you handled the situation just as a genteel woman would have. Congratualtions!
    Hugs, Carole