Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so you just done your makeup and ..

so you just done your makeup and ..

so you just done your makeup and ..
    put on your new dress and matching heels and there is a supprising unknown knock on the door!!

so do you...??

A) quickly dive for cover and hide under the bed and make sure that your not seen through the window wile doing that hoping that they will just go away.

B) open the door and suprise them ..."yea this is me"

C) slip out the back door as you feel like coming out anyway

OR

D) say out aloud "WONT BE A MIN" then have man drab next to you and the rapid makeup remover ready for just this kind of occasaion and by the time you have acheaved this you hope there still standing there waiting for the door to open.

what do you do?

For me, it would be 'A', the chicken, I am. LOL

girly girl
    All "A" for me, I'm afraid.

Since my friends would never come without calling first I would simply ignore the knock. It will invariably be someone selling a product, service, or religion and none of these people are worth a second of my time. Let them litter my porch with their pamphlet and move on to their next victim.

There is probably some cultural differences at work. Here in SoCal people often don't socialize with their neighbors but rather with friends that live miles away. They wouldn't risk driving miles to visit to find that the person they intend to visit isn't home.

If I were worried about being seen through the windows I would seriously consider some curtains!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A modified version of A, as I would never fit under the bed..lol. COnsider it just like the telephone. I am not obligated to answer either if not in the mood, and believe me, when Barbara has just gotten her hair and earrings on, no one better mess with the mood.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I don't answer the door to unsolicited callers, they are usually religious nuts. Therefore, I won't answer the door no matter how I'm dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Been there, been there.

Bloody window cleaner called on a Sunday after my wife had gone to work. Why can't some people stick to Monday to Friday. I can't put up with exceptional service, it's so un-British!

I've been out and about en femme away from home and would liked to have opened the door but I will not subject my wife to me being outed locally. So option A unfortunately.

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by April_Ligeia View Post
    I don't answer the door to unsolicited callers, they are usually religious nuts. Therefore, I won't answer the door no matter how I'm dressed.
    Some day I'd like to answer the door dressed and ask the religious nuts if I can model a few outfits for them.

I would most likely go with A. Whether I'm dressed en drab, en femme, or nude, I don't like unexpected company. I want to be called/messaged first if I should expect a person to come to my house/apartment/dorm/wherever I am living. Though if down the road I become more open about the dressing and I know it is someone who is also open-minded about it, I would choose B.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Crossdresser
    That happened to me yesterday. I had a suspicion someone might come by even though no one was supposed to be home. Call it hightened intuition while dressed. Anyways, I changed back to male mode and shortly thereafter a distant relative shows up unannounced. Well, they called while in front of the house but I was ignoring the phone.

How about an option E where you change and wet your hair then open the door. Then say you were in the shower because how many of us would come out to answer the door if we were really in the shower. That will buy you time to change without having to rip things off.

Unannounced visitors are more than annoying, they're rude.

Probably A, although if they shout in and it's someone I know I'll skip to D. My friends sometimes come over unannounced, everyone now and then a 1 in the morning which is pretty annoying.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Kind of A, but I wouldn't so much as hide, rather just ignore it. As a few have said here, my friends don't turn up unannounced, so it wouldn't be anyone important. The ones I hate the most are people who put catalogues through your door then turn up demanding them back a few days later.
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

Funny, I was just thinking about starting a thread about this very topic this morning
    Always option A. That is, unless my nosey sister dicides to stop by. About a year ago she stopped by and saw my vehicle parked on the street. I had just gotten all dolled up. She knocked on the door, then called my cell phone. She heard my phone ring and knocked some more ( I didn't answer ). I frantically started removing my heels, hose and other things ( I knew she wasn't going to leave until I answered the door ), threw everything in the closet and answered the door. I told her I was taking a nap.
    I did make sure to tell her not to stop by without calling first again. She has not done it since

Don't Get Me Started !

Back in the day when I was still Painting on the makeup an nail polish an Heels an Hose an Dresses it never failed ,,,, Knock,,,,Knock,,,Knock,,,, W.T.F ---Then the phone --- Knock ,,,Knock,,, Kids beating the door down ,,Grown kids ,, Another reason to get Busted ,, That used to get me sooooooo MAD !! I wanted to say Do you know how much this friggen MAC makeup cost ? An it took me two hours to put it on for the fourth time an I finaly got it half way right an then a Dummy like you comes an beats the door off the hinges ... You dont have a life or what ? An the add insult to injury they stay 5 min an leave !! Try that on an see if that s fits ? So to answer your question its the last one ,,,Dont answer an let them go away ,,, But now ,,, I just leave the door unlocked they already know if they dont like it hit the road !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    F. (Because someone else added an E.) Take off my makeup and answer the phone, door, whatever.

Since it only takes me 10 seconds to put mine on and 5 to take it off!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Option A for me. This happened about 6 months ago and since we live in a small town when no one answered the door she just opened it and yelled if anyone was home. Lucky for me I was in the hallway when she rang the bell and was able to dash into the bathroom and yell back that I was in the shower and that the wife was not home. She made herself at home in the kitchen to wait on the wifes return while I washed off my make up and changed clothes. I don't know what I would have done if I had been trapped in the kitchen or living room. Now I make sure the doors are locked when I have time to be EllenJo.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I never answer my door to unexpected callers. Just not my thing even though I have transitioned and have no reason not to open it it to anyone. Guess I just like to be in control of when and who I share my time with?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    B) Open the door.

My immediate family are not going to visit without lots of notice as they live 1000 miles away.

The mailman and parcel delivery people have already seen me many times.

I don't care what the door to door zealots think of of me: if I upset them, then I wouldn't want to join their party. Same goes for the religious people, not just the politicians.

I would open the door. Hey they came to my door. They should have called ahead.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Three years ago my wife was in the mid West. I had one of those seven to ten day all you can cross dress 'vacations.' Normally I do not wear too much makeup or paint my fingernails. But, with that much time, I did. There I am sitting fully en femme, when the telephone rings. My daughter-in-law and grandchild are locked out of the house with the car keys in the house. What to do? Call Stephanie. The grandchild is crying in the car. The trip is just four minutes away. That was the quickest nail polish and makeup removal session ever. I did go over under dressed, handing my set of house keys through the window. Everything went OK, except to ruin the mood for the day.

Whenever a neighbor or deliveryperson rings the doorbell, I just do not answer. I can always say I was taking a shower.

I have been there and done all of them! But in recent years it is [b] only!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Don't care.

The only thing I care about is my career, and the ramifications of outing myself in my profession. that's the only hurdle.

for me it would be (B) I would answer the door while acting like everyday thing it is wear I live and what I do in my place is what happens
    if you come over with out calling you just might get a shock you might not want
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I have wondered what I would do in that situation. I'm usually home at night, so the lights are on; a dead giveaway.

If people don't call ahead of time, I don't answer the knock. In the case of UPS delivery men I usually answer the door if I expect them, I'm very often dressed en femme with full makeup on and I've answered the door this way. A few years back I was dressed with a shear black robe on, with makeup, wig, femmy eye wear and I don't remember what else and he called me "sir". That remark ruined this babe' day.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud