Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so you just done your makeup and ..

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Ah ... so now you know why I don't dress at home when my wife is out! Only if she is home or I am going out. (yes, I have a wife who is ok with my dressing). "A" is my answer if I were at home alone except I wouldn't need to dive under the bed as there is no window that you can look through at the front of the house that looks into my lounge, kitchen or bedroom so all I would have to do is be silent
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 09-16-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The people ya dont know are fine ,,, Thats the best part about this ,,It was all the family that got on my nerves . To late now ,,If my wife dont want some big mouth to know ,,She better run blocker cuz I am answering that door dressed or not ,,,An I meen NOT dressed ,,, Swing it open an say whats uppppppppp ,,, Hell you knocked on my door ? So whats UP ??Before it was dangerous for me ,,,Now I put the shoe or should I say heel on the other foot ,,I made there problem now ,,Not mine ,,Its called Pay it forward ,,,LOL,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

A bit of A and a bit of C here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

thanks for all the replys.. i should of also added that you could answer the door and say that i am trying my outfit for a fancy dress party ... however you could use that only once!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    A bit of A and a bit of C here.
    Yep. A or C. I don't wear makeup or paint my nails (yet) so I can go back to "boy" in a couple minutes. If it's my neighbor, I'll change and then go find him. If it's someone else, I'll just stay out of sight until they leave. My friends don't just "drop in" and my family is hundreds of miles away.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    Generally speaking, I'll answer the door.

A couple of years ago I answered the door en femme to find a neighborhood real estate agent. He asked if we wanted to sell our house and I said that we did but that it would be a few months before we were ready. We talked about it for a few minutes and he left.

A couple of months later he was at the door again. This time I happened to be en drab. He said "I spoke with your wife a couple of months ago ..."

Once again, a couple of months after that he returned and my spouse answered the door. She's much smaller and far prettier than I am, but we assume he'd forgotten what the previous wife looked like.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Since I'm full time I just answer the door, however, if it's a sales person, evangelist, or some one asking for money, I always reply " you will have to speak to the lady of the house, I'm just the maid". Works every time.

Only happened once... The doorbell rang - I went to the bathroom and looked out of the window - postman... so I shouted down... in the loo... do you need me to sign I am in the loo? No. OK Leave them on on the doorstep... I'll be down when I finish...

OK... Cop out... BUT... pulse racing moment!

So I am A?

Kaz (aka) Stan (go figure?)
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Definately A for me!

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    It's a good question.

It's happened twice, and the first time I opt'ed for 'A' and the knocker went away after a minute or two. I hid in my bathroom behind the closed door and started the shower. I'm sure they heard the water running and just buggered off. I think it was Jerry Seinfeld who said showering is one of the few times in a day when someone is totally unavailable regardless of who is calling or how important it is. It's universally understood. Not sure who it was that stopped by, but it was early in the morning on a weekend so I probably wouldn't have answered regardless of how I was dressed at the time.

The second time was a bit scarier.
    I had just moved into the place I live in now. More than once that first month, I would answer a knock and the person in my doorway would ask for the dude that lived there before I moved in. I would answer, "He moved." They'd ask where, like I knew or something. Then, without fail, they would then ask me to sell them drugs. It happened so much that after the first month, I posted a sign stating that the previous resident had moved, and the current resident could not assist them with scoring narcotics. It was up for a couple weeks before my community made me take it down. So one day, not long after the sign was removed, my doorknob started jiggling like someone was letting themselves in. It was locked, thank God, but I went to the peephole and didn't recognize the person on the other end. He was "Gee'ed up from the feet up" in big jeans and a hoodie. I just put some bass in my voice and said, "Wrong apartment, friend-O." Whoever it was just shrugged and went on his way, no doubt bummed that he didn't leave with a big ole' baggie of drugs.

happnend to me as a good friend just turned up and then it is.. Instant shock to the system and what I as allways forget to have that "handy drab" lying about...!!!

luckly did not get to the makeup bit then it would of been fun

The simplest solution in my mind would be to just ignore it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by April_Ligeia View Post
    I don't answer the door to unsolicited callers, they are usually religious nuts. Therefore, I won't answer the door no matter how I'm dressed.
    THIS.

Living in a flat, there's no need to cover.

thanks for all the replys.. i should of also added that you could answer the door and say that i am trying my outfit for a fancy dress party ... however you could use that only once!!
    That depends on how many parties do you attend. :-)
    Last edited by Saffron; 09-17-2012 at 08:28 PM.

I generally ignore unexpected visitors. They may knock three or four times, but eventually they get the hint. I'm certainly not interested in interrupting girly-time for salespeople, religious nuts, or irritating neighbors with banal requests.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

'A' every time, although when dressed I may just have the confidence to be 'B' my wife would not want me to do that.

A would be for me. I just simply ignore it, if its a parcel they'll leave it with my next door neighbour. I'll collect it after a suitable period of time.

A peek out the window and see who it is. If it's a stranger I might answer the door. If it's a friend or relative...it goes unanswered.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi,

Well now for myself its, come on in im just getting out of bed, make a cupper if you wont to. my friends know me well enough . oh for got even if im a sleep ... not .... our lab will suss who ever out so she'll let me know. i dont feed her for nothing ,... he he ....

Really i dont have a problem no makeup not had breakfast half dressed. well a top & skirt on. now wheres me hat ....
    im long past careing who comes.

Allmost forgot you said makeup. what lippy & eyebrow liner oh yes that......if its on it stays on.

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 09-18-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I'm with Cheryl T. peak out the window and see who it is. A friend then I would go to "D" a stranger may open the door if it was the UPS I would open the door.

I wouldn't do "A", but I still don't answer the door either. It is posted on the front of my home NO SOLICITING, so if they can't read, I'm not going to give them the satisfaction that being ignorant or illiterate is O.K.

Really had no choice. The gas company was putting in a new line which ran to my meter. So there I am fully dressed with 3 or 4 different gas"men" coming and going.(I guess each of them had to get a look). Called ex on her cell to let her know what was going on so that she didn't walk in and be shocked to see me dressed in front of these "guys". She has seen me dressed before and has no problem with that. She just didn't know that I would be bold enough to be dressed in front of others.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

I'd say....who's there? Then determine whether to hide under the bed or not lol

There were a few times recently I was in this situation, completely dressed head to toe, full makeup everything when the doorbell rang. My car's in the driveway so there's no denying I'm not home. I was in full panic mode, I have a computer downstairs and must ascend stairs in passing the front door to get back upstairs to a bathroom where all my stuff was laid out which is normally hidden. Thankfully the front door has 2 little windows on top and most people aren't going to look in, besides bright sun outside, darker inside you can't see in as you can out. The people at the door each time was my mother, father and grandfather all popping by unannounced. I just called them later like I didn't know they were there and explain that I had a crappy night at work and was taking a nap. My heart was friggin pounding seeing my mom and dad.

Here is something to add to all this, for awhile there where a bunch of breakins in the town I live. The kids would knock on the door and if nobody answered they would break in.