Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you with SOs...

I can dress whenever I choose at home with the support of my S/O. I work from home but find dressing fully and working farrrr to distracting.
    I know I would spend far too much money on new clothes, satin gowns everywhere and fortune on lingerie. She keeps the reins on my pink fog.
    i would eventually go out en femme, closest I've been is girls jeans (loving them at the moment), also been outside in leggings (at night) to drag the bin out lol.
    Would I trade my wife and kids for more opportunitys ? never. They're my world and this is my wonderful hobby :-)
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I have a supportive SO. When she is around I dress more than when she is gone.

Honestly, I would probably still be in the back of the closet if it weren't for Jean.
    We had Known each other for around nine years when we got back together and I asked her to marry me.
    I told her at that time that I had to tell her something about me and it might have an influence on her answer.
    I had never even said cross dresser out loud before much less tell anyone. But I felt like it was something I had to tell and let her make up her own mind if she wanted to be a part of this or not.
    I was so scared of losing her, I was shaking.
    After I told her, and I will never forget what she said, she said "So?"
    She then said that things made more sense about the way that I am and it is something that is a part of me and I can't do anything to change it.
    If I wasn't a CD, I would be completely different as a person and she probably wouldn't have fallen in love with me to begin with.
    She has been the one to help me accept who and what I am.
    Now, my family, friends, and neighbors know.
    So, if I didn't have an SO, I would probably still be in the closet thinking that I was an abomination.

That was 22 years ago.

She wants to to dress all the time she does my makeup takes the pictures and it was her idea to go to key west fl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Now that I am not working, I am making an effort to go out in skirt or dress whenever I go out alone in public, such as my appointments or banking or grocery shopping. Working on re-normalizing people's expectations of what I "usually" wear... working on getting into habit myself. This is part of "transitioning" for me: I am already publicly transgendered, but I am taking it further now. I need the experience and option of wearing "obvious" female clothes full-time, to prepare myself for the possibility of presenting that way during employment. (It's too late emotionally for me to go back to "male" clothes, and I don't know yet whether "borderline" or "obvious" is more acceptable for employment. )

But that's presentation in public. At home my wife asks me to not be obvious, as there are a couple of people in the house who aren't supposed to know. (I'm sure one of them does know, but we DADT to avoid them having to make a decision about it.)

This combination leads to some silly scenarios, such as me sitting out in the back lane for a while, waiting for the other people to clear away from the door so I can go in and change. It was a good 20 minutes...

Anyhow, Yes, if I was living alone, I would dress more at home. But I haven't worn wigs for a couple of years, so "dress more" means (e.g.) tossing on a skirt while I work on the computer, not getting fancied up.

I have not come out to my SO...only my shrink, so yeah I really think I would dress more without her. I definity would dress more at home, which would probably allow me to practice make up, clothing style a lot more to the point where I would go out into the RW as Alisa. All that said, however, I wouldn't give up my SO for the opportunity to dress. Now if things don't work out with my SO for other reasons...look out world, here I come!
    xoxo,
    Alisa

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I would probably dress more because as I've said before, my wife signed up to me in man mode only. I dropped this side of me on her later, so for the sake of balance, I restrict the amount of time I'm en femme.

As a consequence, of more dressing, I would expect much more time in the real world too, as I love going out!

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by xdressed View Post
    No, I would probably still be deeply ashamed of it, it was only with the support of my SO that I realised I have nothing to be guilty about and started to better understand this side of myself.
    Exactly.

There is no doubt I would dress less. We've both agreed to not go through the whole "forced to dress" fiasco. It's never been a fantasy for me at that level. When I was young I would wish that someone put permanent make up on me, or that I could have breasts implanted in my sleep, or that I would be somehow locked into a feminine form forever. As I have grown that fantasy has faded.

I think the fantasy helped me accept it by displacing the decision away from me, hence the "forced" aspect. Now that I am OK with the choice itself, for the most part, I don't feel the need to be locked in, although that still could be fun for a night

My wife has lead me there and without her, I would probably just get dolled up with no place to go once or twice a month, and still be stuck and scared. That's not fun at all.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    Honestly, I would probably still be in the back of the closet if it weren't for Jean.
    We had Known each other for around nine years when we got back together and I asked her to marry me.
    I told her at that time that I had to tell her something about me and it might have an influence on her answer.
    I had never even said cross dresser out loud before much less tell anyone. But I felt like it was something I had to tell and let her make up her own mind if she wanted to be a part of this or not.
    I was so scared of losing her, I was shaking.
    After I told her, and I will never forget what she said, she said "So?"
    She then said that things made more sense about the way that I am and it is something that is a part of me and I can't do anything to change it.
    If I wasn't a CD, I would be completely different as a person and she probably wouldn't have fallen in love with me to begin with.
    She has been the one to help me accept who and what I am.
    Now, my family, friends, and neighbors know.
    So, if I didn't have an SO, I would probably still be in the closet thinking that I was an abomination.

That was 22 years ago.
    Oh, does this ever sound familiar! Same thing with my SO, we were still in friends mode, but it was starting to get very close, I said "honesty is important and so you should know this" then blurted it out. Her response was "Oh! Cool!" Don't think I could articulate a response for several seconds i was so stunned. Definitely a keeper if i have any say.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

My SO was single for about 10 years before s/he met me. He had a very small amount of clothes and accessories when we met, and she didn't dress all that often. She also only went out to a gender support group 2 hours away, about once every 2-3 months in addition to dressing at home privately sometimes. The need to express herself escalated only after she found an accepting partner in me, but now it has stabilized. He has reached a really good internal balance between his guy and girl lives and she goes out an average of twice per week, unless life gets crazy with other stuff and then it is less.
    Reine

I'd definitely spend much more time at home and would venture out into the real world much sooner, than I foresee myself doing at present.
    Di

I can answer from experience...yes. And it was totally my fault suppressing it. My Gf would have allowed me to be 24/7 but I thought was impinging on her. I dress at least three times a week now.

(and technically, I don't have a SO right now but I answered anyway)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    I'd say I'd probably dress less, cuz my Sweetie (if she had her way) would have me in dresses 24/7 if she could. As it stands i'm guessing i'm at the 40-50% level.

Definitely more time en femme, and possibly a try at an accepting part of the RW.

Miki

I would dress more if I wasnt married for sure. I only get the chance to dress once or twice a month now days. It would be more like every day. LOL.

I don't think my dressing time would change all that much as I am pretty lucky and have a bunch of "me time". I almost dress daily and can't remember the last time I didn't.

Now, if I didn't have my GF, I would certainly be feeding my need to go out and about. Granted it would mostly be at night till I over came a bunch of fears but I would certainly be trying to get past the door more.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Seems likely, many here would have a larger "wardrobe" but likely be poorer?

Well my wife doesnt know yet, hoping to tell her one day once i get the courage. That being said i hope she allows it and that i get to do it more often. Altho we also have 2 kids so that might be hard for now. But i would hope to maybe get the courage to out in public. And so to answer the question if i wasnt married i would definetly dress more. However i love my wife and if i had to choose between the 2 i would pick my wife. I really hope i never have to choose. But at this point i dont think she would approve, still trying to get a feel for reactions.

More at home AND in the RW.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I definitly would dress more often. At least a couple times a week in full girl mode and more often in just casual "guy in a skirt" mode. However I would not give up my life with my wife for the opportunity. Just love her too much.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

EZ answer for me; if there were no wife and kids in the picture, I would have already made my body match the woman inside me!!

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, Probably it would get boring and I'd stop for a while .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Miriam
    I don't think I'd dress any more than I do already. My wife is fine with it whenever and the biggest impediment is the presence of my son (it's nice when he's at school, job, or friends). But I don't think I'd be getting out at all if it wasn't for her encouragement and support - it really gives me a boost.

Miriam

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xdressed View Post
    No, I would probably still be deeply ashamed of it, it was only with the support of my SO that I realised I have nothing to be guilty about and started to better understand this side of myself.
    Same here, my wife is basically the person who helped me to become who I am. I dread thinking of how I would have turned out if not for her.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Yes. I feel that my life would have been a lot different without a wife and a child. I would be out in the world and well on my way to being more feminine. Maybe even transitioning.