Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to move

Looking to move

Ok my wife and I live in the birth place of NASCAR home of more more moonshine stile then any other co. in the US.
    We have two young kids and I'm going to be transitioning.
    We have been talking about moving to a place that is not redneck hell.
    Any though on a good place?
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Portland Or, Seattle, Madison Wis, Denver, San Fran, Most cities. The northeast. Minneapolis, most college towns.

The east coast from DC to Boston, and all points in between is great if you can put up with the high taxes and heavy traffic. It's really fun here.....but not cheap. I know so many people who are transitioning , or have transitioned here in the NJ, Eastern PA, MD, NYC area, and for the most part, people let people live their lives, and we are not over run by southern Baptist or evangelical types trying to condemn us.

Gold Member
    Just do not come to Lake County Illinois. The Taxes are horrible.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Just do not come to Lake County Illinois. The Taxes are horrible.
    Rader
    It's all relative to income. Higher earners want more public services, which is all good and fine, but it hurts the small guy. You do get awesome libraries, awesome schools, and upscale businesses.

You'd be right at home in the Queen city. I spent a few years there and would love to go back....

Renne.....

?

------------------------------------------------
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

I so love Pittsburgh and will never leave.... It was voted the most livable city many times and super affordable and plenty to do.... 1.3 million people in the county... most registered boaters in the US... Great health care which is important as you get older... not east coast but not mid-west.... The burgh!! Always something going on... They don't seem to mind what you do and how you dress as long you wear some black n gold!! Go Steelers!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-18-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Boulder Co: they accept everyone man...coool. You are vegetarian right?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I suppose it depends on what kind of work you do, and what kind of weather you want. I am living in the DFW, Texas area and have found it surprisingly easy for me while I am transitioning. I am out pretty much everywhere but at work, and plan on transitioning on the job. The taxes here are reasonable, no income tax and property taxes aren't terrible. Yes, it is the Bible Belt, but there are lots of alternative type folks here too. The biggest downside is that the summers can be miserable, and we do have the occasional tornado. Mostly the folks are friendly, I ahve not had one hassle here in the city, but getting out into some of the small towns may be different. Good luck to you...............Stephanie

Gee! I like where I'm at! Hell yes! 'Cause I'm a redneck GIRL!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

LA is nice, but it's really expensive, and .... there's nowhere to park LOL
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

We are really thinking of just moving in to the Atl any one think that's a good plane?
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn

Move to Canada, up here we have donut stores on literally every block!
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Move to Canada, up here we have donut stores on literally every block!
    But whowhatwhen donuts so so harmful to a gal's figure.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I so love Pittsburgh and will never leave.... It was voted the most livable city many times and super affordable and plenty to do.... 1.3 million people in the county... most registered boaters in the US... Great health care which is important as you get older... not east coast but not mid-west.... The burgh!! Always something going on... They don't seem to mind what you do and how you dress as long you wear some black n gold!! Go Steelers!!
    But I'm a die hard falcons fan! I love the black Silver white and red!
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley D. View Post
    Sorry Denver just rescinded it's bid,,,we even brought in a NASCAR team to make you feel at home but since Danny Reeves went to ATL...well we aren't over that yet
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hey! We have a hockey team here too!
    It also doubles as a comedy troupe!

Well, there's San Francisco and New York, both of which have large alternative lifestyle populations. there's a town somewhere in New England where they have some kind of gender celebration every year. And the town in Colorado, (Trinidad I think?) where they did most of the TS surgeries before Marci Bowers moved her practice would probably be a good bet as well.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Ha,,,Ha,,, Rednecks are everywhere ,,, Just plow threw um an make ya own nest where ever you want away from um or right in the middle of um ,,, Pile um up an make a nest outta of rednecks at the Nascar trac,,,, Or move here an make it better for me to get my pedi from you ,,,LOL,,, Dont worry bout nothing not a Ting !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

No joking ,,I would move where the Doctors you use would be close ,,,Just me ,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

It's fine to ask advice here on the "transitioning" theme, but there are other sources to find good locations for quality schools (important since y0ou have children) job opportunities, and quality of life.

I would think employment opportunities in your (or your wife's) field would be really important because without a good, well paying job, you'll be living in the less desirable part of town, your children will be in the less desirable schools and have less desirable friends, and things will go downhill from there.

That said, from my perspective, (and it's been 50+ years since I even visited), pretty much anything goes on the west coast of the USA.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

We are really thinking of just moving in to the Atl any one think that's a good plane?
    A couple friends of mine live outside Atlanta and have lived in the area all their lives. They have commented that they don't like the direction it seems to be going. It should be noted that they would probably be considered "rednecks".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    And the town in Colorado, (Trinidad I think?) where they did most of the TS surgeries before Marci Bowers moved her practice would probably be a good bet as well.
    Um....no. No no no....no. They didn't even like the money the hospital brought...now they don't like transpeople much at all... just no. Denver OK, Boulder OK, Ft Collins OK. Colorado Springs probably not...anything south of that...no
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

So that's what's REALLY wrong with you!
    Seriously, though, my top recommendations would be if you want to remain in the Southeastern US go to New Orleans. You have to give up your love of all things Falcon but NOLA is a very friendly and accepting place for everyone in the LGBTQ community. A good-sized city with a lot of ammenities, decent cost of living, etc.
    If you are willing to go anywhere, California is the place to be. I've lived there for several years and most of the big cities are very friendly to the LGBTQ community. San Francisco tops the list and Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento, etc. are all good options although the cost of living is very high.
    Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.