Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The term Sissyboy

Like most words in the English language, Sissy has multiple meanings, some of which aren't even limited to the masculine gender. For example, it can mean a mean any person who is cowardly and timid. When I was young the term if applied to another child merely meant a boy who wasn't rough and tumble in the playground, but when applied to an adult meant someone who was effeminate and putatively homosexual. It is more popular nowadays to describe a Sexual Fetish of a male who wants to act/perform as a submissive female, with or without French Maid or School Girl costume and other external evidence of forced feminization.

Whether it is an insult depends more on the mindset of the person using the term than that of the person to whom it is applied, doesn't it?

To me it's either a term used when gender-conditioning young boys, or in the vocabulary of 'forced fem' CDing. It has a pretty negative sound to me, though I suppose someone who called himself that might be aiming to reclaim it.

If a guy were to call me a sissy, I'd hate it. But when women do it, I love it.

All my life ,,, When I hear it now I say HERE !! Just like Panty waist ,,,Give Everyone something to talk about ,,, Cuz when there talking bout me they will leave yall alone !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

new threads du jour. Name as many derogatory terms you can for CD's. This is what we used to do for desensitization when I taught Human Sexuality (those that cannot do teach). So far we have Sissyboy and pantywaist. Anyone else have one?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    new threads du jour. Name as many derogatory terms you can for CD's. This is what we used to do for desensitization when I taught Human Sexuality (those that cannot do teach). So far we have Sissyboy and pantywaist. Anyone else have one?

How many do u want ? Nancy Boy ,, Betty,,, Fancy Pants,,, Light in the Loffers ,, On,,,On,,,On, ...LOL.... HERE,,,,,, all of the Above ,,Thank you for caring !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

In the context of crossdressing, "sissy" or "sissyboy" are pretty well defined. Nobody should be called something they don't want to be called, but if someone, through dressing and actions, likes the term and think it's appropriate, why should anyone substitute their dislike for the word?
    I wish I had a sissy dress (little girl's dress). They're cute. It would fun to wear and be a sissyboy for a little while. While I'm in sissyboy mode, you may call me that.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    From my own UK experience, it has always been a derogatory term, but if someone is happy with the title, I don't have any problems with it. Each to his own.
    As others have said, it is the way a word is delivered that ultimately determines the intention of the user.

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I agree Crissy. I like being a "sissy" but "sissyboy" just doesn't sit right!
    Lacey xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey England View Post
    I also agree. I'm a "Sissy" and I am very proud of it but I don't like being called a "Sissyboy". I'm just a "Sissy". I guess I wouldn't mind "Sissygirl".
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Rose View Post
    How do you feel about this name or term? I had a gay male friend on myspace who went by this name and it bothered me due to how it sounds. To me this is like calling me this and a ''chubby chaser'' (I like big girls) or I have yellow fever.
    I suppose I'm a sissy and a bit of a chubby chaser myself.

But these are derogatory terms. They are not labels I self-apply. I do not feel empowered by using them to define myself. So I'm probably going to be pissed if someone uses them to describe me.

And, honestly, I think most people who are OK with the term "sissy" are people who have a fetish for being degraded, which I guess is OK to a point, but is mostly negative.

But ... I think a lot of us want to be attractive, want to be desired, and we end up getting our wires crossed a little bit and really get turned on by an abusive kind of desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey England View Post
    Yes Lacey, thats exactly how I feel. I guess the majority of members here, don't like the term "sissy."

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    I also agree. I'm a "Sissy" and I am very proud of it but I don't like being called a "Sissyboy". I'm just a "Sissy". I guess I wouldn't mind "Sissygirl".
    I kind of like "Sissygirl" too!!!

Silver Member
    Not much positive associated with both the words "sissy" and "boy" when describing a male adult.

Typical "sissy" description: "Siss is a pejorative term for a boy or man who violates or does not meet the traditional male gender role. Generally, sissy implies a lack of courage and stoicism, which are thought important to the male role." (pejorative implies demeaning)

I don't think the word would upset me if someone called me that in relation to my TGism. I'm not a "sissy maid" or anything like that, so the accusation isn't true. And why get upset about something you know isn't true? My self-image is very different from that when I'm in girl mode. "Sissy" doesn't fit me, and if someone else thinks it does, they're way off base. It's as if the word is meaningless.

If they call me a "sissy", meaning weak, not tough enough to put up with certain things, that might be true. So I'd have to think about that one.

I consider "sissy" derogatory, but there are far worse things in my eyes. "Pervert" or "immoral" would hit me harder.

Annabelle

I don't mind it really, my wife always calls me a sissy when I dressed.